Thailand targets reopening within 120 days as economy flounders

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you have any idea how many people died from the Spanish Flu in the US? 

Somewhere between 600,000 and 700,000 people. Covid-19 will take more by the time it finishes. 

Your friends at the Denier Lie Factory forgot to tell you that. 

More ridiculousness. The Spanish flu took between 20 and 50 million people worldwide, and was ten to twenty times more virulent, deadly and contagious than the far milder Covid. Please. Read. Listen. Educate yourself. 

This will be my last response. I am simply being baited at this stage. 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you have any idea how many people died from the Spanish Flu in the US? 

Somewhere between 600,000 and 700,000 people. Covid-19 will take more by the time it finishes. 

Your friends at the Denier Lie Factory forgot to tell you that. 

Agree with the number of American deaths.

Spanish Flu - Symptoms, How It Began & Ended - HISTORY

Worldwide deaths between 20 million and 50 million estimate. Lasted between 1 and 2 years.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

14 hours ago, Anton9 said:

Okay,I will take my chances.

Yes, me too. I am equipped with the zipthro, amoxy, zinc cocktail, which I secured for my wife and myself last April. So, since the efficacy appears to be near 100%, in the non partisan studies, not having anything to do with the (partial and bought and paid for by Big Pharma) FDA, CDC, and WHO, and we are quite healthy, no paranoia here. 

Edited by spidermike007

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, me too. I am equipped with the zipthro, amoxy, zinc cocktail, which I secured for my wife and myself last April. So, since the efficacy appears to be near 100%, in the non partisan studies, not having anything to do with the (partial and bought and paid for by Big Pharma) FDA, CDC, and WHO, and we are quite healthy, no paranoia here. 

Right. If you ignore the scientists and doctors, your cure is 100% sure to work. 

Let me give you a clue: lots of clinical studies are conducted by universities who are not connected to Big Pharma. Also, remind me why Cuba or China studies have not approved your cure. Oh, wait, CUBA is controlled by Big Pharma, too. 

There are loads of people who think that Covid cures are being hidden. They also tend to believe that cars could run on water but Big Oil is hiding it. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

More ridiculousness. The Spanish flu took between 20 and 50 million people worldwide, and was ten to twenty times more virulent, deadly and contagious than the far milder Covid. Please. Read. Listen. Educate yourself. 

This will be my last response. I am simply being baited at this stage. 

We are never going to know global deaths for Covid-19. How many died in North Korea? 

Edited by Danderman123

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Money before people. Thainess ????

Easy to say that... when you are rich.

It's not just "money"... It's the livelihood of millions of people in several countries... without any help whatsoever from the gvts.

So what do you propose ?

"No bred ? Let them eat cake" ? Or "just die, silently, and <deleted> off" ?

Furthermore, what are we talking about ? Viruses that are harmless for the VAST MAJORITY of the world population.

Should we continue to destroy the world economy... for this ?

It's time to wake up.

And obviously, after 15 months of such a circus, the thai gvt is facing now the reality principle.

We had fun. People love to be scared... But, this is over.

The viruses will continue to be there, to have their own life. And yes, we will continue to have "cases" and a few deaths.

Meanwhile we will protect the people who are the real target of theses viruses (old, sick, fragile) with vaccines.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think we need to start asking how many people who get the Indian variant end up seriously ill or dead. All we ever hear now (particularly in the UK) is how many infections they are finding. 

As scientists have said from the beginning, viruses tend to become more infectious and less deadly as they mutate. Let's not be blinkered and focus on just the number of infections. Otherwise we'll never get our quality of life back. 

If (a big IF) Thailand gets the vaccination program right, when the Indian variant goes rampant it probably won't be too much of a concern. 

Considering how rapidly the Indian variant spreads, it will not be too long before it dominates here, sooner than the population can get vaccinated enough to repel the pandemic.

It is infecting young people, some in the ICU, something not noted in the case of previous variants. It is not a given that this virus will be less deadly as it mutates. The best hope is that better treatment response and some new medicines will decrease fatalities.

Its surreptitious infectiousness is a real challenge for containment, so it can infect a much higher proportion of the population, leading to more fatalities in spite of the small number of deaths among infected individuals.  

A misinformation post has been removed:

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, Percy P said:

I don't think so. Think of the country as a whole not just yourself. The economy effects ever person more so the Thai population

I'm a tourist ,with the collapse of the Thai economy I would benefit  only with the increase in exchange rate .  It would be a disastrous thing all round of it did, but it won't collapse.

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

I'm a tourist ,with the collapse of the Thai economy I would benefit  only with the increase in exchange rate .  It would be a disastrous thing all round if it did, but it won't collapse.

Has there been any update on this plan?

The last I saw the clock was started sometime after the pm's announcement on 23 June. And minor functionaries attempted to clean this up, stating that the clock may start sometime soon.

Since then I don't recall any updates? Have the committees been formed yet?

“I know this decision comes with some risk because when we open the country, there will be an increase in infections, no matter how good our precautions are. But I think, when we take into consideration the economic needs of people, the time has now come for us to take that calculated risk,” Prime Minister Prayut said.

He cautioned, however, that the loosening of restrictions could be rolled back if the virus starts to spread at a rapid pace with high levels of infections.

“The only exception will come if a truly serious situation arises or seems likely to emerge. We will monitor and deal with such situation on a case-by-case basis,” Prime Minister Prayut said.