Thailand targets reopening within 120 days as economy flounders

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are deluded.

Very few people on this planet are 100% healthy.

Many healthy people have died from Covid.

I do not think that is a science based assessment. I know at least 15 people who got Covid. Only one was sick for two weeks. All the rest recovered within a few days. Several of them were well into their 60's.

This is not Bubonic plague. This is not the Zombie Apocalypse. 

It is likely the younger ones who have died has pre-existing conditions. And many older people who died likely had weak circulation, respiratory issues, heart issues, diabetes, or other conditions that made them more vulnerable. 

Very few healthy people die from Covid, out of the blue. That is scientific fact. 

For those aged 20 to 54, the death rate was less than 1%. An uneventful medical history also seems protective. Nearly all COVID-19 patients who have died in the United States (94%), and the vast majority of those admitted to intensive care (78%) had at least one underlying health condition, such as hypertension, diabetes, pulmonary disease or obesity, according to CDC data from March 31.

http://protomag.com/articles/why-do-young-healthy-people-die-covid-19

Edited by spidermike007

1 hour ago, jojothai said:

He is talking about opening up in thailand afiter 1 shot local.

Stupid clowns got no idea how bad this could go.

The Indian variant can infect some tourists vaccinated with Chinese vaccines and even AZ, so if the Indian variant is rampant in Thailand what tourist would be allowed back home without quarantine?

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I do not think that is a science based assessment. I know at least 15 people who got Covid. Only one was sick for two weeks. All the rest recovered within a few days. Several of them were well into their 60's.

This is not Bubonic plague. This is not the Zombie Apocalypse. 

It is likely the younger ones who have died has pre-existing conditions. And many older people who died likely had weak circulation, respiratory issues, heart issues, diabetes, or other conditions that made them more vulnerable. 

Very few healthy people die from Covid, out of the blue. That is scientific fact. 

For those aged 20 to 54, the death rate was less than 1%. An uneventful medical history also seems protective. Nearly all COVID-19 patients who have died in the United States (94%), and the vast majority of those admitted to intensive care (78%) had at least one underlying health condition, such as hypertension, diabetes, pulmonary disease or obesity, according to CDC data from March 31.

http://protomag.com/articles/why-do-young-healthy-people-die-covid-19

Since the vast majority of people in the USA have an underlying medical condition, your post is nonsense.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Thats where you are wrong.

Healthy people have a solid immune system and their T Cell's kill the virus.

They dont need to develop any antibodies. 

Antibodies are a second line of defence if your T cells dont kill the virus.

The immune system is multi-pronged.......it has many ways of working, but the last resort is to generate anti-bodies.

This is why only those who are very sick with Covid will actually develop antibodies.   

Try reading up on this.

What is the role of T cells in COVID-19 infection? Why immunity is about more than antibodies - The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (cebm.net)

You made a bunch of true statements leading to a false conclusion.

I hope you understand that healthy people get colds and the flu. And many healthy people get Covid and suffer long term symptoms that are devastating to them.

Playing down this epidemic helps no one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Since the vast majority of people in the USA have an underlying medical condition, your post is nonsense.

Nearly everyone I know who caught Covid, caught it in the US. Your honor, I rest my case. 

The refusal to embrace science is a tragic thing to witness. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Pretty sure that number will be about 99% of tourism of 2019 this year, unless they abandon all quarantine and testing.

Desperation for money and public unrest in the coming months when nobody shows may open a more pragmatic approach.

So what sort of insurance will all these vaccinated tourists need to cover them for hospital costs if they get infected with Delta strain or a new variant, Mumbai India is going through a vax scam with people not knowing what they got jabbed with and hospitals denying issuing vaccination certificates.

So what will happen when people turn up with scammed and false certificates, get into LOS and spread mutated strains around???

Source India Today.

Maybe Khaosan  Road will be sending out mail order insurance certificates shortly.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Perfect choice of words for an epitaph. How many cigarette smokers said that Back in the Day?

I do not care man, I have no time to worry about all things that might be dangerous in my life.

There's so many things can happen which I have no control over ,I'd rather not being a paranoid health freak and enjoy my life.

In the US now, with so many having been vaccinated, major cities like LA, which was a very hard hit area, are now completely open. Few are wearing masks. The Dodger game just sold 60,000 seats. No social distancing and few with masks. Concerts are selling out arenas. Few with masks, and the numbers keep dropping. People flying without masks. And the numbers are dropping. 

Not the Zombie Apocalypse. 

• Like 2

tourism would help with  reopening the economy   but they are treating vaccinated tourists as they are the major spreaders of the virus. 3 test in 2 weeks? tracking ?  if such a small percentage of the population has  been vaccinated then why is so much effort going into tracking and testing vaccinated tourists?

Edited by gim12
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gim12 said:

tourism would help with  reopening the economy   but they are treating vaccinated tourists as they are the major spreaders of the virus. 3 test in 2 weeks? tracking ?  if such a small percentage of the population has  been vaccinated then why is so much effort going into tracking and testing vaccinated tourists?

The longer they wait, the harder it will be to restore the industry. People have short memories. Thailand was already being forgotten by millions, before Covid, due to a dozen reasons. Now? Too many alternatives. This administration continues to see Thailand as the COTU (center of the universe). Say it ain't so!

No humility seem to be getting learned as of now. The army needs to figure out a way to muster up some courage, and re-open the nation to tourism. There are many ways it can be done safely, and there will be some risk, but nothing like the risk of not opening, and remaining sealed off from the world, like early 19th century Japan. Not even close.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

Anyone who still has some investment in anything tourism-related in this open air clown arena should sell it for scraps and run. As I mentioned earlier - nothing will be back into full swing before 2027, if ever... 

Why did you choose 2027? Is that the number that came out of the hat?

Just now, Kadilo said:

Have not you met expert bus driver and brick layers turn business guru's, savy investors, and economists yet? Join Facebook, plenty of them there and all know all there is to know about economy ???? 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Have not you met expert bus driver and brick layers turn business guru's, savy investors, and economists yet? Join Facebook, plenty of them there and all know all there is to know about economy ???? 

Probably one reason I don’t go anywhere near FB, there are enough numptys on here to last a lifetime. 

57 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

No, everything moves in cycles or waves... The whole thing started in 2020 - 7 years would be a typical cycle range for bigger life events (i.e. it is said that your personality and outlook on life kinda changes every 7 years), so things might improve from 27 onwards. I don't expect any larger improvements to the general situation before the end of 2026. This is a huge, giant mess and far from over. Mark my words, you'll remember them a few years from now.

Edited by Freigeist365

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In the US now, with so many having been vaccinated, major cities like LA, which was a very hard hit area, are now completely open. Few are wearing masks. The Dodger game just sold 60,000 seats. No social distancing and few with masks. Concerts are selling out arenas. Few with masks, and the numbers keep dropping. People flying without masks. And the numbers are dropping. 

Not the Zombie Apocalypse. 

Here is your why...

Screenshot_20210617-203405_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Freigeist365 said:

No, everything moves in cycles or waves... The whole thing started in 2020 - 7 years would be a typical cycle range for bigger life events (i.e. it is said that your personality and outlook on life kinda changes every 7 years), so things might improve from 27 onwards. I don't expect any larger improvements to the general situation before the end of 2026. This is a huge, giant mess and far from over. Mark my words, you'll remember them a few years from now.

I doubt it. I would have forgotten them by tomorrow as they are garbage. 

7 hours ago, placnx said:

The Indian variant can infect some tourists vaccinated with Chinese vaccines and even AZ, so if the Indian variant is rampant in Thailand what tourist would be allowed back home without quarantine?

I think we need to start asking how many people who get the Indian variant end up seriously ill or dead. All we ever hear now (particularly in the UK) is how many infections they are finding. 

As scientists have said from the beginning, viruses tend to become more infectious and less deadly as they mutate. Let's not be blinkered and focus on just the number of infections. Otherwise we'll never get our quality of life back. 

If (a big IF) Thailand gets the vaccination program right, when the Indian variant goes rampant it probably won't be too much of a concern. 

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I could say the same about playing it up. Covid is contagious. And it does kill. But in the US, less than 1% of those who died were under 25. And I would guess a very small number without underlying conditions died. 

And very few without underlying conditions suffered long term complications. I know over a dozen people who were infected. Only one was sick for more than a few days. 

This is not the Bubonic plague, and it is not the Spanish flu. Far less contagious, and far less deadly. 

There seems to be a major lack of perspective with regard to Covid. 

Do you have any idea how many people died from the Spanish Flu in the US? 

Somewhere between 600,000 and 700,000 people. Covid-19 will take more by the time it finishes. 

Your friends at the Denier Lie Factory forgot to tell you that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think we need to start asking how many people who get the Indian variant end up seriously ill or dead. All we ever hear now (particularly in the UK) is how many infections they are finding. 

As scientists have said from the beginning, viruses tend to become more infectious and less deadly as they mutate. Let's not be blinkered and focus on just the number of infections. Otherwise we'll never get our quality of life back. 

If (a big IF) Thailand gets the vaccination program right, when the Indian variant goes rampant it probably won't be too much of a concern. 

I actually agree with this sentiment. Every new variant is described as more infectious and more deadly, but the results are generally the same.