Thailand’s airports prepare for full reopening to foreign visitors in 4 months

webfact

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He has a dream, hope it doesn't turn into another apology later.

Open all you want but lets see how many tourists actually want to come.

They won't get many Westerners or Russians if they are not serving any alcohol, masssage parlors and night clubs closed. Aslo if restaurants are still closing early with limited capacity and can't swim in pools or beaches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Why not? The airports of most of the world have been open for business, albeit with lower passenger volumes, for well over a year and some never really closed.

Over 100 million jabs are on order from six different suppliers for delivery to everyone, regardless of nationality, to meet with their vaccination targets. Yes, the vaccine rollout to-date hasn't been anything to write home about but despite my collective 20-odd years in Thailand, I have faith that reopening the country before the traditional high season is not totally unachievable.

The PM has finally set national goalposts. As Boris Johnson knows, if you don't have goalposts, one can hardly be accused of moving them.

Quite, all people on here want to see is something to complain about.

Any change whatsoever is unacceptable in their expert opinion.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chesterubi1 said:

This is the full translation of the Prime Ministers message. Seems quite sensible to me, where he states the country needs to open up to ease economic woes, but it is a risk and the Government may have to react if a Covid 19 outbreak occurs.

Prime Minister and Defense Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha stated that the Government aims to fully reopen the country within the next 120 days.
The statement was made on 16 June 2021 and was televised on the Television Pool of Thailand. It informed the people of the progress of mass vaccination against COVID-19 and Thailand’s roadmap following its recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
In his statement, the Prime Minister said that Thailand had agreed to secure COVID-19 vaccines from six manufacturers, namely Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, and AstraZeneca. It had also signed contracts to procure 105.5 million doses of vaccines to be delivered to the country before the end of this year. Additional vaccines will be secured next year, as well.
He reaffirmed that more than 10 million doses a month would be offered to the people. If there are enough vaccines, 50 million people will receive at least the first dose by early October 2021.
The Prime Minister said, "The time has now come for us to look ahead and set a date for when we can fully open our country and start receiving visitors, because re-opening the country is one of the important ways to start reducing the enormous suffering of people who have lost their ability to earn income. I am, therefore, setting a goal for us to be able to declare Thailand fully open within 120 days from today, and for tourism centers that are ready, to do so even faster. The only exception to these guidelines will be if a truly serious situation develops or seems likely to develop, and we will look at those situations on a case-by-case basis.
"I know this decision comes with some risk because when we open the country there will be an increase in infections, no matter how good our precautions. But, I think, when we take into consideration the economic needs of people, the time has now come for us to take that calculated risk. The priorities for our country must now advance to the next level.
"Our national policy must now evolve and we must look on this virus just as we would on the many other diseases that are in the world and with which we must learn to live. We have seen that this virus is not going to go away quickly. We have to come to terms that it will continue to be around in the world and in Thailand for some time. We cannot wait for a time when everyone is fully vaccinated with two shots to open the country or for when the world is free of the virus. We must be ready to live with some risk and just try to keep it at a manageable level, and let people go back to being able to earn a living. That is the policy that I have set.”

In reality, the biggest risk to the nation, is leaving Pratin in office. Both are a hazard. 

Oh, we cannot seem to flatten the curve. It is harder than we thought. Guess we should have done that minor lockdown in Samut, after all. Oops. 

Double talk!  As I see it now, all the airports are open, just so long a al arrival have a CoE and undergo the 14 days quarantine. 

What would be news would be if Thailand is going to be open to visitors without restrictions.  Not going to happen?

Nothing more than a lot of confused old men trying to cope with something beyond them.

Has there ever been a worse time to live in Thailand?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RR2020 said:

October and November and December will represent the real most dangerous times in Asia.

Massive mixing of vaccinated but infected people all over Asia in October and November.  

New Super Variant (what they call a VHC - Variant of High Consequence) will emerge.

You will soon be seeing the abbreviation VHC more and more.......wait and see.

This is the fallacy, the potential stupidity of the "lockdown and vaccinate" - it may not solve the problem imo, it may simply create a VHC which never would have happened if the world just had taken the original Covid-19 in 2020 with no lockdowns and got it over with. Yes millions would have died, but the human race, as in the past many thousands of years, would have evolved stronger through natural evolution and survival of the fittest.

Everyone who has never had real Covid and recovered should in my opinion be very afraid about November and December of 2021.

Swampy may open to be closed again very quickly.

Updated June 15th 2021.

VHC coming into play........

14 billion vaccines a year with double dose boosters, think of the profits..........  Money money money........

SARS-CoV-2 Variant Classifications and Definitions (cdc.gov)

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Bookings have been made for 64 flights per week in and out of Krabi Airport between October 2021 and March 2022.

Let’s see, what that means...

Assuming, the number of international flights will be relatively low,

and using for domestic flights a narrow-body aircraft, an Airbus A320neo with 180 seats, let’s be positive: fully loaded.

That‘s 64 x 180 = 11,520 passengers per week

With the usual delay, we were experiencing in the recent months, 

we start on October 17 until March 31 - that are 28 weeks,

resulting in 11,520 x 28 = 322,560 passengers in the main season

... Krabi handled in 2019: 3,651,658  passengers (in- and outcoming)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

There will always be restrictions even if covid had magically disappeared .they would make up others   

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I’m talking more about restrictions on movement, quarantine and excessive demands for testing and insurance coverage.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Why not? The airports of most of the world have been open for business, albeit with lower passenger volumes, for well over a year and some never really closed.

Over 100 million jabs are on order from six different suppliers for delivery to everyone, regardless of nationality, to meet with their vaccination targets. Yes, the vaccine rollout to-date hasn't been anything to write home about but despite my collective 20-odd years in Thailand, I have faith that reopening the country before the traditional high season is not totally unachievable.

The PM has finally set national goalposts. As Boris Johnson knows, if you don't have goalposts, one can hardly be accused of moving them.

Sure why not. Germans flocking to Majorca, over 350,000 in May and Europe isn't exactly free of Covid.

I guess most EU countries worse than Thailand?

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

They won't get many Westerners or Russians if they are not serving any alcohol, masssage parlors and night clubs closed. Aslo if restaurants are still closing early with limited capacity and can't swim in pools or beaches.

i think pools and beaches opened on the 14th June......

If and when this ever happens I try to picture back to the first time I came to swampy in 2008 and the smell-heat and the "gang of taxi drivers" that awaited me when i go thru customs..

I can only imagine them when they open the gates back up--Hey!  HEY!!!! Heeeyyyy!!!! YOU you Hey!!!!!

Like starving dogs that suddenly are thrown a bone---all ye who enter the gauntlet enter at their own risk! ????

• Like 2

Just now, DBath said:

Quarantines, no alcohol in restaurants, no "happy endings", GPS tracking bracelets...people must be just chomping at the bit to come here.

Gee, I hope they haven't under estimated the demand.

only in their wet dreams

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Who knows in this crazy world it might just happen. It would be really nice if things got back to normal.

Abso-boldly-lutely (*)

People need to get on with their lives. All the scaredy-cats can sit at their keyboards bashing away. Bring it on, I say. Bring it on! Well done Thailand ???????? ????

• Haha 1

Meanwhile the Rest of the World moves on...FIO..        EU has proposed lifting Quarantine and Testing requirements from fully Vaccinated tourists from July 1: ..plus ... Set To Add Six more Countries To the Safe List Including The United States.. The other 3rd Nation countries already on the list are Australia, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand. The EU has also reminded member states that the travel Restrictions from these safe countries should be lifted ...,,,however seems UK is Not being Considered...   https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/06/16/eu-set-to-add-six-countries-to-safe-list-including-the-united-states/?omhide=true

Edited by Rinrada

40 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

I'm happy to return around January time but only if they have removed all restrictions. Not doing the quarentine, the testing, insurance, tracking fiasco.

Ok, keep on planning, you have heaps of time, Jan '24 is a long way off.....

• Haha 2