Bar owners in Thailand counting down the days until foreign tourists return

webfact

On 6/20/2021 at 3:42 AM, chalawaan said:

poor devils. Theyre unlikely to make it to the point where the numbers will save them. Every bar and their dog will be competing for a low trickle of mongers  for a very long time.

Yes, and it will be interesting at what point in the reopening process do the Thai landlords stop their "covid discount" on the rent.   

If it's simply when the borders open, then you can expect a percentage of the bars left standing to fold.   

On 6/18/2021 at 9:59 AM, AlexRich said:

Problem is that Thailand is no where near herd immunity through vaccine and an influx of tourists could accelerate the virus, particularly given that Thailand has attracted a large number of Indian tourists of late. The Delta/Indian variant spreads much faster and Thailand has yet to experience a major Covid crisis. 

But it’s encouraging to know that “dirty farangs” are now welcome in Thailand.

Delta Plus variant now in India watever that means...

On 6/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, ed strong said:

No ones welcome and no ones likely to go.  You don't achieve her immunity through taking something that lessens your symptoms.  You achieve immunity by being immune!

They don't have any data on the long-term immunity these type of vaccines may provide.

In fact the data is that they last approx 3 months and then you will require a booster jab. Thats probably why the UK has ordered 500m doses last year for their 40m adults.!

So they dont have any data on the long term immunity....but then again they do have data and it says will only last 3 months before booster needed ?

Which is it and where are you getting the info from ?

Facts only please otherwise stop scaremongering.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:27 AM, ezzra said:

Thais are very resilient people, once the country will open up properly you'll see everything will be as they used to be and will not be able to tell that there was a Covid crises that nearly paralyzed the nation...

Your wallet will notice the change ???? Open up bars Up the price to counter the loss, Thai logic instead of reducing prices to pull the punters in.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

So they dont have any data on the long term immunity....but then again they do have data and it says will only last 3 months before booster needed ?

Which is it and where are you getting the info from ?

Facts only please otherwise stop scaremongering.

The point is its obvious to me that they will be booster jabs just based on the fact that countries are ordering 4 x as many doses as they have actual citizens, so do you think they will throw them away? No they will be used hence the 3 month booster.

Its easy to increase cases just increase testing, the pcr test will find all types of virus in you, cancer etc, however it does not mean that you will suffer from the thing they have found.

Look up Kary Mullis PCR test, you tube and you'll see how they mis interpret information.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Your wallet will notice the change ???? Open up bars Up the price to counter the loss, Thai logic instead of reducing prices to pull the punters in.

It appeared in the high season just before covid that the market was pushed past what it was prepared to pay, or could afford, here.  It was a very quiet high season for westerners. 

Any further price increases, for whatever reason, will just reduce numbers even further.  

On 6/18/2021 at 7:07 PM, Pedrogaz said:

I have this horrid feeling that the optimism is overblown and reality will be less fruitful with respect to material rewards for bar owners. I don't think tourists will come back as quickly to Phuket or Pattaya bars as they are anticipating. It took a long time to build up the tourism industry to the behemoth it became. I can't help thinking that the tourists will be looking for bargain prices not taxi mafia.

IMO the bar owners are succumbing to a "cargo cult" like obsession. Even after tourists return there is no reason to believe they will include large numbers of mongers.

How many have spent the time improving the bar infrastructure? Those that think they can just put out the same decrepit bar stools and they will be inundated with randy mongers may be in for a serious wake up call.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the bar owners are succumbing to a "cargo cult" like obsession. Even after tourists return there is no reason to believe they will include large numbers of mongers.

How many have spent the time improving the bar infrastructure? Those that think they can just put out the same decrepit bar stools and they will be inundated with randy mongers may be in for a serious wake up call.

Last time I was in Pattaya it crossed my mind that they’d also have to improve their stock selection … to many fat munters in the line up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AlexRich said:

Last time I was in Pattaya it crossed my mind that they’d also have to improve their stock selection … to many fat munters in the line up. 

I think the Indians like the chubbier girls   with a bit of "junk in the trunk" ????

• Like 1