Thailand to ease some restrictions next Monday, COVID-19 zones adjusted

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thai logical.... no vaccinations and few cases everything under strict control.  Now easy the rules, with more infections, but with low quality vaccines. in 120 days  full reopen the country for tourists with maybe 25% vaccinated people and a lot of Delta cases.... who understands??

Maybe they have come to the conclusion that they can't win this "natural" war ?

16 hours ago, DaLa said:

This zoning and the restrictions that apply to a particular zone will rekindle memories of times long gone.  I lived in a city where the licensing hours finished at 10:30 pm.   At which point there was a mad scramble out of the car park as 20 cars from every pub in the city raced to the nearest Derbyshire pub where the licensing hours finished at 11 o'clock.

Then , just like today , there were the 'lock ins'.  

Extra thought to add; the various UK governments have made a pretty good job of closing thousands of pubs in the past few decades, perhaps someone is trying to take a leaf out of their book.

Yes, remember it well. I was stationed in east Anglia in those days on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.

I grew up in the north of Scotland, pubs didn't open on a Sunday but hotels were open to travelers. On a Sunday evening a bus used to run to the nearest hotel in the next county.

Closed at 10pm in those days, bit weird coming out of the pub and the sun still shining.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So conceivably one could travel from Dark red zone to Dark red zone with no worries and no restrictions other than what the CCSA has put in place.  Good to know that travel is back on, well within parameters and safety concerns addressed, like wearing a mask while driving.

We get lots of visitors from Bangkok on a daily basis, Business would go under if we didn't.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Living in the boonies all this stuff might as well be happening on the moon.

Reading about tourist ghost towns seems strange when our local night market is busier than ever.

Apart from face masks everywhere its hard to notice any difference.

Exactly, drinking in our restaurants never stopped either for those that wished to.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Gatherings of more than 50 people are still prohibited in this zone, but dine-in will be allowed up until 11pm, instead of 9pm currently. Tha maximum number of customers cannot be more than half the venue’s full capacity in air-conditioned eateries, as opposed to 25% currently.

A glimmer of normality.. but while a gathering of less than 50 people is allowed what about clarification on private residences?

4 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

And lots of people in sticky rice land have never seen or heard of anyone being infected, never mind dying from Covid 

Sp open up and give them a chance to get back to work and earn some money. So many around here are fighting over any jobs that will give them 200 baht a day, just so they can buy food and basics 

No one in our Amphur has had a vaccination and that includes the few doctors and nurses in our local community hospital !!.  And I think knowing anyone who did contract covid would mean a tour trip to go and gawp at them as it would be so unusual ????

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Excel said:

No one in our Amphur has had a vaccination and that includes the few doctors and nurses in our local community hospital !!.  

My wife's 22 year old son has had both shots...........He's in the army! Go figure where the government's priorities lay??? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's ridiculous. People need to get on with their deaths.

your right, as always

Just their deaths are many many more times likely to be from riding their motorbike than from  Covid 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

No one in our Amphur has had a vaccination and that includes the few doctors and nurses in our local community hospital !!.  And I think knowing anyone who did contract covid would mean a tour trip to go and gawp at them as it would be so unusual ????

sooo true ?

they never see, never heard of anyone catching it, yet still wear masks while riding bike through village

How many of them wear masks that are many days old too. We sell masks, and see many adults and children with old and dirty masks on a morning, going into school 

15 hours ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

SO …… ALL restaurants in the YELLOW zone can serve alcohol ….. betcha it’s a Thai typo ????

The cap on gatherings is 200 people in Yellow zones. All zones are to maintain a ban on the sale and consumption of alcohol in public venues.

10 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

so why would that make him different from anyone getting the shots ?

We don't know what vaccine was administered to him nor was it the 10/12ths of the recommended dosage. Nor do we know if it was one or two shots and if the latter what was the interval. Being in the army perhaps certain information is or will not be disclosed until time has elapsed to determine if anything the effectiveness.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Where I live the plod were right on it a few places got raided 

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Where I live the plod were right on it a few places got raided 

In the context of what Joinaman and I were posting then we were talking about being out in the sticks, not perhaps where you live. Our local police don't disturb us if we don't disturb them. The only time you actually see them is when somebody from the Phen station wants a day out to rattle their cage perhaps or see if they are still living

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2