Thailand to ease some restrictions next Monday, COVID-19 zones adjusted

Jonathan Fairfield

23 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Philadelphia had "blue" laws. No businesses allowed to open on Sunday.

Pretty much the same when I was kid most business's were not allowed to open on a Sunday, my gran was mortified when she knew I was out playing football on a Sunday but it was ok for my grand dad to got to the pub for Sunday lunch session

Edited by ChipButty
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Pretty much the same when I was kid most business's were not allowed to open on a Sunday, my gran was mortified when she knew I was out playing football on a Sunday but it was ok for my grand dad to got to the pub for Sunday lunch session

When you're old you should get special privileges. Not easy to get there or hang there. 555

Jews can't do any work on the sabbath, including using an elevator. Yikes. Of course they have a wink wink nod for it.

18 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Huge leap forwards.
Restaurants can stay open for 2 more hours and have up to 50 people. That will have the populace stampeding to enjoy the new freedom.

Or you can select to look at the positive side.  Now many restaurants will be able to survive!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

your right, as always

Just their deaths are many many more times likely to be from riding their motorbike than from  Covid 

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that the reason the death toll is so low is that there are strong restrictions on behavior that can result in covid infection but not any significant ones on motor vehicles?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dogfish180 said:

My wife's 22 year old son has had both shots...........He's in the army! Go figure where the government's priorities lay??? 

Soldiers in the army mostly have no choice about being in it. Also, they live in shared barracks which increases their exposure to the virus. So the government clearly has a special responsibility to safeguard its soldiers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Suua said:

Oh well, I guess we can all watch the death rate skyrocket in the coming months.

They won't even learn from other countries experiences......I have no words for their jaw dropping stupidity.

The only conclusion to this, is it's obvious they are in very deep financial poop.

I will be moving my money to banks abroad come Monday.

Som nom na.

Is this the same rocketing death rate evryone kept telling us about after Songkran ? The one that never happened  either  

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Tell that to the people in India. Or the UK. Or the USA. Or most of Europe. South America. Africa. etc.

i would, but maybe your memory is fading, this is about Thailand

Does England have the same number of road deaths no, so better for you not to show your lack of intelligence, eh ? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I remember those times well.

I wish I had a tenner for all the lock ins that I was at during my younger days.

The Breweries also had a huge input on the Pub closures, as it was more profitable to have the land on which the pub stood, as an asset for sale to developers.

Was in a Pub in Ireland years ago. Went into Post a Letter.

' Is the Pub open Yet " I asked.

" No " was the reply, " but would you like a pint while you wait "

Loved those Irish Pubs and people.

That's one difference between a barman and a bargirl!

18 hours ago, DaLa said:

Extra thought to add; the various UK governments have made a pretty good job of closing thousands of pubs in the past few decades,

This is off-topic, but the real reason has nothing to do with the government. It has everything to do with being able to buy cheaper booze in the supermarkets and having infinitely more options available now for home entertainment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that the reason the death toll is so low is that there are strong restrictions on behavior that can result in covid infection but not any significant ones on motor vehicles?

Are you referring to Thailand? Where are these strong restrictions? I'm in Bangkok, and apart from schools and bars still being closed and alcohol not sold in most restaurants, life is not that far from normal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Yes, remember it well. I was stationed in east Anglia in those days on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.

I grew up in the north of Scotland, pubs didn't open on a Sunday but hotels were open to travelers. On a Sunday evening a bus used to run to the nearest hotel in the next county.

Closed at 10pm in those days, bit weird coming out of the pub and the sun still shining.

There used to be the situation, and I guess there still is, that some counties within US states would prohibit alcohol sales on a Sunday so folk just hopped 'over the border'.

19 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Delta variant spreading, against which the Sinovac vaccine has low efficacy, and now they ease restrictions ?

Its as if someone wants cases to go up to give an excuse later to cancel all the opening plans with a "valid" excuse.............

Amazing thaivisa forum....negativity.  

• Confused 1

A few things could happen that would turn things around for Thailand; more people (including "Rubenesque", "rotund", or more succinctly, obese people, people who smoke, people who do drugs, people who drink too much or in general, people who take poor care of their immune systems and overall health turn over a new leaf. That, and Thailand gets their hands on millions of doses of QUALITY vaccine, and not this low quality turpentine from the same country that bestowed the virus upon the world.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Now descending to personal insults? I find that's usually the reaction on the part of someone their arguments are repeatedly exposed as defective.

If comparable deaths are to be your line of argument, then the relevant statistic would be to compare the number of deaths per million from Covid in the UK vs. the number of deaths per million from road accidents in Thailand over the same stretch of time. I believe the number of deaths from road accidents yearly  in Thailand is roughly 20,000. Given that Thailand has a roughly equal number of residents to the UK's, how do you think that compares to the yearly number of deaths from covid in the UK?

no, lets compare the number of Uk covid deaths compared to UK road deaths

Then lets do the same to Thailand 

You quote 20.000 Thai road deaths, which is a quoted government figure ? Does this include the deaths in the ambulances and in hospitals? deaths rate in 17 months, not 12, for covid in Thailand around 1,580?

But if you want to use other countries instead of Thailand to show how dangerous this virus is, , then i want to use Tonga !! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Lots of villages up in sticky rice land have not even had their first dose, I was reading before in some village only 2 people have had a jab and one of them was a nurse, 

And your point is...? 

Are you so far away from your home country not to read or watch news? 

Can't you remember how the pandemic started? 

The only way to handle was indeed to start with restrictions.

And there was and still is a lack of vaccines. Thailand did it wrong just to wait but not ordering effective vaccines when EU or US did it. And to rely on China not only in vaccines is a special mess. The indian variant will come and Thailand will have no means to protect their people.