Thailand scraps plan for 16-week dose gap on AstraZeneca vaccine

webfact

So say if I get lucky and my AZ really happens next week, why can't I then, if Bumrungrad offers a Pfizer in Sept. or Oct., jump on that and go on with life? Then in early Nov., I extend my Non-O for a year and leave this madhouse for several months.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A 16-week interval has not been tested in human trials.

So WHAT ! we are Thai therefore we have much better ideas that any one else on the planet, and we will hide any problems that may result from this. 

• Haha 2

For everyone who already recieved their first jab, the second one was automatically scheduled/appointment date given 16 weeks out...

Rescheduling everyone?!?!?   or just hoping people will show up at the right date?  (whatever that will be in a couple of months)  lol

8 hours ago, bipper said:

Like the EU they need to reduce it to 8 weeks or mix with Pfizer

How many of these mixing different brands of vaccines have been fully tested in human trials, and yet they do it anyway.

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

So how does this change of policy affect the millions who have already had their first Az jab and obtained a 16 week appointment?

Probably by phone call. They're getting delivery from Thai Bioscience now and they know the dangers of the Delta variant. 

Edited by bipper

18 minutes ago, ph0enixrising said:

For everyone who already recieved their first jab, the second one was automatically scheduled/appointment date given 16 weeks out...

Rescheduling everyone?!?!?   or just hoping people will show up at the right date?  (whatever that will be in a couple of months)  lol

I had my first shot on 10 June and was given an appointment for exactly 12 weeks' time on 2 September. 

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Well had my jab on the 9th it had been cancelled but the day before the wife got a message on her phone that they now had the vacine and for me to come next day,lets hope they do the same now and make it 12 weeks

We have  to give them some credit.  A lot of this is happening all over the world. Appointments made based on future supply promises.

AZ was ordered on Friday to supply 50 million doses to EU already paid for.

Mind the Brits are spinning it AZ won...childish stuff all round it seems.

https://www.bbc.com/news/56483766

Edited by bipper
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

It has secured 105.5 million doses so far and will procure 50 million more next year, authorities have said.

What does "secured" mean.  Sounds like a term used to be deceptive.  Secured being in possession of is totally different than secured meaning on order to arrive at an undetermined date in the future.