Thailand scraps plan for 16-week dose gap on AstraZeneca vaccine

webfact

the Thai government needs to get vaccines first:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-urged-to-tell-truth-about-vaccine-supply-levels-to-meet-appointments/

2 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

What does "secured" mean.  Sounds like a term used to be deceptive.  Secured being in possession of is totally different than secured meaning on order to arrive at an undetermined date in the future. 

"secured" probably means "ordered"

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

"secured" probably means "ordered"

I would guess so too.  A term deliberately used to convey the impression that vaccines were available when in fact they are not.   If they really wanted to be transparent they would quote the amount of vaccine already procured in Thailand and the amount of vaccine on order with expected delivery dates.  Instead they want to convey the impression that they have sufficient supply when in fact they only have a kiss and a promise. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Vaccine? Sinovac or AZ?

With AZ most folks got +16 weeks, seen some with 12.

I got AZ with second appointment for 12 weeks. Everyone I know who's had Sinovac got the second dose in 3-4 weeks.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

A 16 week interval has not been tested in human trails, what a laughable statement,  any other drug/vaccine in the modern era underwent successful animal trials first but not this one, also any previous drug/vaccine that had as many deaths and side effects as this Covid jab would have been stopped and removed but not this one.

WHY

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

You are right at least about the lack of testing.  The population of the world is becoming a trial test for all of these vaccines.  Regarding the side effects, I don't know.  Most medicine has some side effects.  I don't know if the severity or number of vaccine deaths and serious side effects is any more than other vaccines.  I guess you have to pick your poison.  Get Covid and live with the consequences or get the jab and live with those.  One thing is true, without the proof you have taken the vaccine, travel will be nearly impossible. 

And more benefits. If I get an AZ shot in mid-July, and second one 10 weeks later at the end of September, I can enter Canada in October. I have to get a PCR test on arrival then I self-isolate for a day or two until a negative result. No 14-day quarantine for me and then I'm free as a bird. No further impediments -- other than an early winter. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Shorter

39 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

The EU led by Von trap and Macaroon were way behind The UKin ordering AZ and when they saw how well we were doing in giving the vacine to the people they threw their toys out of the pram ,well the court backed us ,thank the lord we left the Eu and went our own way.

Now you know (or you should if you could care less) Britons are not all saying that. There's the 48% oh and ask Edwin Poots ???????? the DUP and just about all the rest of the 1.5M in Northern Ireland heading into a marching season molotov coktail in hand. 

Shoddy, inconsiderate and blundering like only the Etonian could muster would be more like it.

Biden's watching though and there's a trade deal depending in it ????????

Edited by bipper
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

It will more likely be 12 months than 12 weeks unless someone gets a grip ????

It is beyond "being gripped" I am afraid.

The torrent of meaningless announcements, groundless statistics and contradictory promises of intentions reveal only one thing. Nobody in this terminally dysfunctional operation, from the Covid Czar ("I have sole responsibility and will take the decisions to deal with the virus") to the most venal local Ministry of Public Health official has the remotest clue what they are doing, what vaccines are available and how they are going to use them. The whole business has been taken over by the desire to sustain egos at just about every level within the all encompassing parasitical officialdom which has wrapped it's tentacles like some ghastly creeper about this society, and whose  members only response to their glaring inadequacy is to lie in a vain and darkly hilarious attempt to bolster their pathetic incompetence.

As you can see I don't think much of them.

As I said, they cannot be gripped. The only way out would be to start all over again, with a professional body ( the medical profession) in charge. Medical beaurocracy should act as their servants not their masters. Everyone else should be told to shut up and get back in their boxes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

What does "secured" mean.  Sounds like a term used to be deceptive.  Secured being in possession of is totally different than secured meaning on order to arrive at an undetermined date in the future. 

Secured to me means they are payed for and you have possession of them. 

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

So say if I get lucky and my AZ really happens next week, why can't I then, if Bumrungrad offers a Pfizer in Sept. or Oct., jump on that and go on with life?

Is it safe to mix and match COVID-19 vaccines?

https://gavi.org/vaccineswork/it-safeit-safe-mix-an-covid-19-vaccines

In some matchups, it appears to actually provide greater immunity.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Vaccine? Sinovac or AZ?

With AZ most folks got +16 weeks, seen some with 12.

I got a 8 weeks second appointment with AZ. Actually 8 weeks minus 1 day (12. June - 06. August)

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Plan !!!! What plan? Never has been any plan, just make things up almost daily, the bunch of clowns running, no ruining things here, could not organize a leg over in a brothel.

Isn't that where this started? The politicians getting a leg over at a Thonglor brothel?

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Jeez, just a single dose of AZ would be welcome and worry about the second dose afterwards.

Not much prospect of either for the farang untermensch, though.

Ah the self-pitying farang. Actually, it applies to most non-Thai people resident in Thailand regardless of their race or ethnicity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bipper said:

Now you know (or you should if you could care less) Britons are not all saying that. There's the 48% oh and ask Edwin Poots ???????? the DUP and just about all the rest of the 1.5M in Northern Ireland heading into a marching season molotov coktail in hand. 

Shoddy, inconsiderate and blundering like only the Etonian could muster would be more like it.

Biden's watching though and there's a trade deal depending in it ????????

What are you babbling on about. 
Whether you wanted to come out of the EU or not (and I didn’t) the UK has led the way along with one or two non European countries in the vaccine program. 

The EU was slow and ponderous and  more interested in trying to score political points then take care of their people. 
Hopefully once we are done (next 3 months or so) we can assist the likes of Thailand get their act together and donate surplus supply of decent vaccines. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

They should just order more of the Johnson and Johnson  vaccine.  The Us can't seem to give it away quick enough here so I'm sure they have plenty to send to Thailand. If Thailand would just order it. 1 shot and done, which seems to be about all they can do right now anyway.  May not be the best, but better than 1 dose then wait God knows how long for the 2nd.

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What are you babbling on about. 
Whether you wanted to come out of the EU or not (and I didn’t) the UK has led the way along with one or two non European countries in the vaccine program. 

The EU was slow and ponderous and  more interested in trying to score political points then take care of their people. 
Hopefully once we are done (next 3 months or so) we can assist the likes of Thailand get their act together and donate surplus supply of decent vaccines. 

Responding to the typical jingoism of a Brexiteer.

In your case the fact that a Brit, Brexiteer or not, doesn't understand his own internal politics is no surprise to anyone.

Edited by bipper

11 minutes ago, rabas said:

The long 12 week delay for AZ dose 2 is due to a problem with the AZ vaccine. If taken too quickly, your body responds less well. 12 weeks (or more) gives better efficacy.  https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n326

"The study found vaccine efficacy reached 82.4% after a second dose in those with a dosing interval of 12 weeks or more.  If two doses were given less than six weeks apart the efficacy was only 54.9%"

16 weeks is also used in Canada and India. I think the pull back to 12 weeks is due to concern about the Indiandelta variant.

Yes, less than 6 weeks is not good, that I heard many times already...

Because of that I think the official word is still 8-12 weeks for AZ.

Could be, that 16 weeks is better, but I not have seen a study yet, which has proven that. even your paper compares 6 weeks to 16 weeks and say that 16 weeks is better than 6! So what about 12 or 10 or 8? nothing mentioned in that way, which actually is sad as nobody know it... could also be, that maybe 11 weeks would be the top.. and after that the rates going down again...

What is proven now, you should not give AZ second dose in less than 6 weeks!

On 6/19/2021 at 3:21 AM, bipper said:

Like the EU they need to reduce it to 8 weeks or mix with Pfizer to deal with the Delta variant but of course thet don't have that option with the narrow homegrown AZ route they took.

It is reported that AZ defends well against the Delta variant 

• Like 1