Thailand reports 3,667 new COVID-19 cases, 32 more deaths

webfact

14 hours ago, smedly said:

interesting that out of (approx) 800 hospitalized only 82 were fully vaccinated over 500 unvaccinated the rest only one dose - 99% delta variant 

another report from Chilly were they have high vaccine rollout with sinovac - cases are on the rise - I believe same for Brazil, definitely worth keeping an eye on other countries that are using sinovac

Could you tell me the name of the capital of Chilly ?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Could you tell me the name of the capital of Chilly ?

I am reasonable confident he means Chile and the capital is Santiago, but let's keep it civil and stay on topic.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

The narrative that Thailand might re-open and this sandbox talk is most certainly stretched and tired. 

Reading such stories every day leaves me with the impression that tourists are just ready to bust down the doors to get into the country and they will endure any type of restrictions to enter. However, the government is choosey:  only wealthier tourists need apply.

ON the other hand, COVID numbers do not appear to be decreasing and the government seems to be of the mind that their will to open the country is stronger than the virus and its variants. They may be able to bully the people, but the virus is another issue.

The government appears to be treading in a quagmire with little control over their next step. Am I off in my own dream or shouldn't the government be trying to combat and prevail over the pandemic as its first priority and then think about re-opening the country?

In Europe and North America I believe the vaccination rate had to be over 50% before a degree of safety was reached and places could re-open without fear of wide-spread clusters and increased positive cases

. I do not believe Thailand is even over 20% vaccinated. So what do they expect will happen if they re-open by July 1st or October 1st if there is no change in case numbers or the vaccination rate is still dismally low?

America 50% vaccinated before a degree of safety?  And things opened up you say? America where mask wearing wasn't a thing, where there were minimal lockdowns at best. America where anyone could travel there during the worst of covid without any quarantine. America who besides India now broke all the records for deaths and cases? That America?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ouch so much for 'Pattaya move forward'

No problem, a little barbed wire fencing round Pattaya, no testing and the virus will be stopped in its tracks. The no testing approach works wonders in Phuket

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

The numbers are worse. 

It looks like the virus is spreading into factories and worker camps. It may be that the plan is to try to isolate all of these concentrations and try for herd immunity by October.

For those focusing on death counts, today’s fatality numbers have no relation to today’s new infections numbers.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No problem, a little barbed wire fencing round Pattaya, no testing and the virus will be stopped in its tracks. The no testing approach works wonders in Phuket

Along with the "we have reached 70% inoculation"

(note small print one jab) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I read an article in the post last night about the Dole pineapple canning factory in which the factory was deemed a quarantine facility and another 45 infections were detected among people at risk and the factory has not had it's production affected by the pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

For those focusing on death counts, today’s fatality numbers have no relation to today’s new infections numbers.

Yes because we were all under the impression that everybody died on the same day they were diagnosed as having covid. Thanks for putting us right. ????

• Haha 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Yes because we were all under the impression that everybody died on the same day they were diagnosed as having covid. Thanks for putting us right. ????

Because some people judge the severity of the epidemic by the daily number of deaths. So, even though new infections are up today, deaths are down, which could lead some people to conclude the worst is over.

• Confused 1