Thailand reports 3,682 new COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

rk_thailand-covid_030521.jpeg

Reuters file photo

Thailand on Sunday (June 20) reported 3,682 new COVID-19 cases and 20 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 3,104 new infections

● 578 prison / prison infections

A total of 2,401 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery.

Sunday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 cases in Thailand since April 1 to to189,268 with 1,629 deaths.

Earlier this week, officials said that over 7 million vaccine doses have been administered in Thailand.

Over 2.9 million doses of the vaccines have been given since the country launched its mass inoculation campaign 10 days ago, according to the data released by the Center for the COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

Approximately 5.2 million people have received their first dose (7.5% of the population), while 1.9 million people (2.8% of the population) have been fully vaccinated.

Thailand is in the process of accelerating its vaccine rollout, in time for planned ripening of the country to tourists on October 1.

Before that, the pilot ‘Sandbox’ project will be launched in Phuket on July 1, which will allow vaccinated foreign tourists to visit the island without the need to quarantine in a hotel room.

Health officials announced Saturday that around 75% of the population of Phuket have received a COVID-19 vaccination. 

202636163_4512089188836376_4845498714507390126_n.jpeg

202981318_4512121448833150_5279921017382119421_n.jpeg

202818863_4512096028835692_3437610623407584696_n.jpeg

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

No. I suppose none of us has any proof of anything. We have what's reported and our common sense. 

6 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

No. I suppose none of us has any proof of anything. We have what's reported and our common sense. 

Chonburi is reporting higher case numbers, but testing numbers are not increasing in Chonburi.

• Thanks 1

I'm also surprised, like Dr Jack, and I've been in the heart of the Nana district for a year now. Only thing lacking is alcohol in the restaurants-and well, the out and out bars are closed. Massage places many open, tho only foot massage allowed haha.

My rental agent claims this central area is not where the Bangkok cases are coming from, in other words it's not a "cluster" area, and from looking around every day it does seem that way-another of those mysteries.

Edited by Enzian

more cases to come, the more we open Thailand, as i keep on writing time after time.. Vaccinate your people before opening again. The stupid PM doesn't understand that and gives people false hopes. in less than 120 days the country can't open and with the different covid infections, nobody will know what will happen. Besides, It is said many times that Sinovac is not good, but he keeps on using it, instead of skipping the FDA with their slow approvals, order the Mrna vaccines as soon as possible.. Although I am aware that the whole world want that, but the more you ask, the sooner you get.   

• Like 2

I don't think the PM is giving people false hopes, because everyone knows he's lying and stalling for time. It's like someone being abused who is paradoxically comforted by the fact that the abuser is still interested enough to keep applying the pressure even though all the control is still all on one side.

12 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

more cases to come, the more we open Thailand, as i keep on writing time after time.. Vaccinate your people before opening again. The stupid PM doesn't understand that and gives people false hopes. in less than 120 days the country can't open and with the different covid infections, nobody will know what will happen. Besides, It is said many times that Sinovac is not good, but he keeps on using it, instead of skipping the FDA with their slow approvals, order the Mrna vaccines as soon as possible.. Although I am aware that the whole world want that, but the more you ask, the sooner you get.   

I wouldn't worry about people flooding into the country.  

I wouldn't worry about hardly anyone going there.