Thailand reports 3,667 new COVID-19 cases, 32 more deaths

webfact

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

2,797 community transmissions. Quite high official numbers. X10 and I think this would be a truer number. No testing then no asymtomatics found.

Guys the numbers in my early Sat. morning haze is wrong. Should have been X10 of 3,232 and I think this would be a truer number. No testing then no asymtomatics found. Seemed in my early morning confusion I was doing the empty heads a the top a favour. 

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:
5 hours ago, RR2020 said:

I predict the cases rising and the number of tests falling and the number of reported cases doing what they always do which is remain in the stable even though the horse has bolted

If testing were taking place across Thailand the true figure of Covid cases would be in the region of 3.5 million to 4 million.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

I've never been one to overly worry or concern myself with stuff that was beyond my control, but this is now becoming a real cause for concern, I believe it was @smedlywho commented on the super spreader event at one of the vaccination centres, can you imagine the chaos to come if one or two carriers of the delta variant turn up at these locations ?

I have checked with my friends, with local hospitals & comments made on here with regard to Chonburi province, primarily the Pattaya area, not a vaccine in sight, and before someone says I can go home, at the moment that is neither a viable or realistic choice I'm afraid.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before us expats can form an orderly queue and get jabbed with the vaccine of our choosing, I don't have any faith in this faux government sorting out though.

Up where I live both Thais and the few foreigners around here are in exactly the same boat so from my viewpoint it would be nice for all of us to be treated similarly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Not totally sure, but I think I read somewhere that the 120 days starts from 1st July.

might be wrong on that.

The original article after the speech said opening up on October 14th, so I was wrong it's 117 days from today.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but these numbers of 2000-3500 just stink of limited testing. The UK numbers went down to say 1000, then over the few weeks went up to the 10/11,000 now. You can see the increase - the same in nearly all other countries. Constant flat numbers in a range just stink.  

Absolutely... should be moving up or down but remains flat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

With case numbers creeping slowly higher and a distracted Prime Minister who's behaving as if he's got the virus completely under control, Thailand is looking very much like India did back in March. Just pray that it doesn't end up going that way, though the government is doing little to prevent it.

INDIA-CORONAVIRUS-CREMATION.jpg?w=1000

Where is the testing what is the real number ?

The Delta variant (Indian) spreads like wildfire, as can be seen in the UK now, however, with the majority of the population vaccinated it is not resulting in hospitalizations. You had better hope the same  doesn't happen in Thailand, and that it is brought under control. With the vast majority not vaccinated there is the potential to end up like India, and impossible to hide.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Saturday (June 19) reported 3,667 new COVID-19 cases and 32 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

The infection levels seems to be holding up this 3rrd wave, no real drop in daily numbers.

Also new infections starting to show up where infections have been before and were thought to be over.

• Like 1

Today there are 32 reported deaths in #Thailand: 15 males & 17 females Median age is 64.5 (40-89 years) Most deaths in Bangkok (19), Nakhon Pathom (3), Samut Prakan (3), Phetchaburi (2), Khon Kaen (2), plus 3 provinces with 1 each 3 with no underlying diseases

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1406198224990347264

• Thanks 1

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (June 19, 2021)

About 3.09 percent of the population is fully vaccinated, with 5,434,119 (+181,588) people received the first dose, while 2,048,964 (+81,827) received the second dose. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1406136566536294405

• Thanks 1

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Saturday:

Since 1 April 2021

185,586 people infected (+32 imported cases and +3,635 local cases)

1,515 dead +32

31,482 in care

1,343 in ICU and 383 on ventilators

4,948 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1406124615877885955

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

About 3.09 percent of the population is fully vaccinated, with 5,434,119 (+181,588) people received the first dose, while 2,048,964 (+81,827) received the second dose. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

So now the vaccination effort is to come in waves as well I see.

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

Only the most draconian of lockdowns can help now.  They might be able to open up again when vaccination reaches 75% of adult population

Why is there a need for a draconian lockdown when cases and fatalities are so low? The pandemic isn't going away, but you can't lock down people indefinitely! Fortunately it looks like the opposite to what you suggest is happening - restrictions are being slowly (very slowly) relaxed.

• Like 1

Two new cases being reported this evening on Phuket island and 33 patients left in hospital. Only 12 days to go before the #PhuketReopening. If there are 90 cases in one week, the #PhuketSandbox will be cancelled at short notice #COVID19 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1406225117336641538

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Another day not meeting the required run rate to meet target, another day that results in more lost ground to make up.

12 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Look at the UK.  Massively vaccinated and the Delta variant is going wild there now.

Thailand with minimal vaccinations and zero herd immunity is going to see massively rising cases  - and should be red listed worldwide soon.

it is red listed in Australia

• Like 2

14 hours ago, realfunster said:

Nicely put.

I worry they will get the worst of both worlds.

Borders shut/ASQ when Thailand didn’t have many cases.

Other countries tourists now ready for travel in Q3’21 and Thailand will be red-listed for COVID for the rest of the year. (Perhaps they already suspect this, hence the Phuket sandbox…)

All stemming, IMHO, from a ridiculous vaccine policy.

It was evident from Q3 last year that comprehensive vaccination was the only way to get a country open to tourists again. 

Think of those billions of $ already lost, and about to be lost.

Totally idiotic not to more widely invest in a range of vaccines.

What were the motivations for the decision on solely using AZ/SB ?

Ignorance ? Pride ?

All inexcusable…

Greed.