Astra Zeneca vaccination from Pattaya City hospital for foreigner

Swiss1960

45 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

am i right in thinking that one can get the jab in a Pattaya hospital, when i read on the Gov site all the vaccine sites are in Bangkok ??

At this point in time there is no way for expats to register for a vaccine in Pattaya public or private. 

10 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Second: I am not sure, why you can not travel out from Australia to Thailand?

As I understand it, Aussie citizens cannot leave Australia. It's not about problems getting back into Thailand, it's about not being allowed to leave Oz once you get there

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Total rubbish, I registered at a hospital in Sukhothai province two weeks ago and was vacinnated with AZ one hour later. Waiting now for the second jab in October, stretching it to 16 weeks, would like it sooner.

Total rubbish that they were told that?

Were you there?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

Well i am convinced that for whatever reason the foreigners are be excluded from the vaccines in the Pattaya / Banglamung area. 

I personally know 10 thais between 30-50 with no underlying conditions that had 1 and some 2 shots already {all sinovac if it matters}. They just book on mor por or walk in for a appointment. 

My wife had both and to be honest i think the elderly, sick, and school teachers should have went 1st.

Seems at this time there is no prioritizing its 1st come 1st serve. 

Im guessing the publicity of a thai national complaining their government took care of foreigners 1st would look bad? 

On 6/21/2021 at 2:05 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Second: I am not sure, why you can not travel out from Australia to Thailand? 

.... The Australian Government has CLOSED the Borders and only people with Special Exemptions are allowed to fly-out from Australia and the opening of the Borders is estimated around the middle of 2022!! That is why I mentioned, that those of you who are "IN" LOS are the lucky ones. I left LOS in November 2019 for a 3-4 months visit to Australia - but then Covid happened and since then I have been Stuck here.

BTW, according to Government figures, there are still about 20,000 ++ Australian Citizens/Residents awaiting flights to return to Australia from many places around the Globe, but Seats on return flights are not only very expensive, but also very scarce - as there are limited spaces available to Quarantine. 

I will get my 2nd shot this week, but still will have to wait until the borders are open again.

On 6/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Not sure what your problems are with me, but hey, I get barked at by soi dogs every other day ????

I am flabbergasted by the bickering between the Excel Guy and your posts  - Both of you are lucky that you are ....."IN" LOS, while many, many People cannot get there to resume staying in our properties there - because NO travel is permitted from Oz.. We will have to wait probably until Mid 2022, until these travel restrictions are lifted ..... so just count your blessings - while we can only lament .....

BTW, now that you are going to Switzerland for your shot of Moderna - what are your chances of getting back into LOS? Or are  you staying over in Switzerland for a while?

Good Luck.

53 minutes ago, Awinkl said:

I am flabbergasted by the bickering between the Excel Guy and your posts  - Both of you are lucky that you are ....."IN" LOS, while many, many People cannot get there to resume staying in our properties there - because NO travel is permitted from Oz.. We will have to wait probably until Mid 2022, until these travel restrictions are lifted ..... so just count your blessings - while we can only lament .....

BTW, now that you are going to Switzerland for your shot of Moderna - what are your chances of getting back into LOS? Or are  you staying over in Switzerland for a while?

Good Luck.

I did not know about those restrictions for Australian people, sounds pretty harsh to me. But then, all governments worldwide have their issues dealing with this pandemic, some do it a little better, some a little worse.

I will stay in Switzerland until I have my second dose, then I will return 3-4 days later. Returning to Thailand is absolutely easy, if you follow the rules... meaning having the right insurance, the right flights, the right ASQ booking and so on. Took me around 4-5 days all together (bookings and COE process, now I already have the COE even before flying to Switzerland. The only obstacle for returning would be, if I fail the PCR test in Switzerland before my PCR test OR if Thailand would impose new regulations.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:14 PM, keithkarmann said:

Total rubbish, I registered at a hospital in Sukhothai province two weeks ago and was vacinnated with AZ one hour later. Waiting now for the second jab in October, stretching it to 16 weeks, would like it sooner.

I'm just passing along what was reported by "Thai news media". You can take up your "total rubbish" opinion with them, not me...