Astra Zeneca vaccination from Pattaya City hospital for foreigner

Swiss1960

2 hours ago, sapson said:

So with a pink id card and a morom app you can get a shot of Astra Zenneca if you are in Pattaya.

However if you are in Khon Kaen where two have sadly died today from covid and you are over 60 and have a few other high risk ailments and you dont have either an app or a pink id card and cannot register with Intervac ..............how do you get a vaccine without waiting to October to pay the 4k at a private hospital?

Can you simply turn up at the hospital in the newly opened covid free sandbox Pattaya and as a farang get a vaccine?

No and no 

Mor phrom registry is closed. 

Expats can't just show up at a Pattaya Hospital whether they have have your history or not.

Thailandintervac.com never had any Pattaya availability Bangkok only but it's been down for days anyway.

Fubar city here for expat vaccine access.

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I have read in the news as I'm pretty sure many in this forum have about 4 elderly foreign gentlemen (ages 67-80) had registered and traveled together to a particular hospital for their AZ jabs. Upon arrival to receive their jabs they were told that AZ was for "Thais ONLY" and they could only have SV. Please update all of us about "your" experience when they actually see your foreigner face.

I know 2 foreigners (both Americans FWIW) from my gym in Udon Thani that applied via Line with the  Mor Phrom app as soon as the app was online. Sometime in May I think, with their wife's help. Both got reservations for June 7 and both and their wives got vaccinated on June 7, fourth floor of Central.

Surprised because Udon seems to be a vaccination desert

Edited by kwonitoy

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No and no 

Mor phrom registry is closed. 

Expats can't just show up at a Pattaya Hospital whether they have have your history or not.

Thailandintervac.com never had any Pattaya availability Bangkok only but it's been down for days anyway.

Fubar city here for expat vaccine access.

My friend registered at Pattaya Memorial yesterday for vaccination in October.

He 'just showed up'

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

My friend registered at Pattaya Memorial yesterday for vaccination in October.

He 'just showed up'

Closed.  

I just did an entire thread about it.

They weren't actually booking specific appointments.

They were taking money though. 

Time is of the essence.

October is a long way off..

Vaccines delayed are vaccines denied if you get infected waiting.

I was obviously talking about access to vaccines SOON especially for high risk people. 

Not possible in Pattaya for the vast majority of expats now.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Closed.  

I just an entire thread about it.

They weren't actually booking specific appointments.

They were taking money though. 

Time is of the essence.

October is a long way off..

I was obviously talking about access to vaccines SOON especially for high risk people. 

Closed?

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Closed?

No new people accepted as of today.

Again it was for October anyway.

Waiting that long is far from optimal. High risk people of all nationalities should be vaccinated ASAP.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Waiting that long is far from optimal. High risk people of all nationalities should be vaccinated ASAP.

Waiting till October might be as good as it get here, unless you know otherwise?

In an ideal world yes high risk people should be vaccinate ASAP but........

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Waiting till October might be as good as it get here, unless you know otherwise?

In an ideal world yes high risk people should be vaccinate ASAP but........

It might be.  We can't know that yet.

Mystified why they did not keep mor prom going, because it worked where as the intervac site is a joke. You did not need a pink card, I registered with number on my tax card which took 10 minutes to get. Those turning up with appointments to be told Thai only seem to have been at public hospitals, those with appts at private hospitals seem to have had better luck

Edited by clivebaxter

15 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Mystified why they did not keep mor prom going, because it worked where as the intervac site is a joke. You did not need a pink card, I registered with number on my tax card which took 10 minutes to get. Those turning up with appointments to be told Thai only seem to have been at public hospitals, those with appts at private hospitals seem to have had better luck

To cover most expats any system must accept passport ids.

4 hours ago, sapson said:

The Chinese managed to arrange vaccines for their people in Thailand cant see why it would be so hard for other countries to coordinate vaccine supplies for their subjects.

It's not that it can't be done. It's that they don't want to do it. 

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Perhaps it's good policy for western countries to send over vaccines to countries when many of their citizens are residing, as it may stop those living abroad from travelling back to their home country for the purpose of vaccination, thus, increasing risk, and using medical resources.  

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Remember sticks and carrots... China offered a LOT of carrots, AND they have a pretty big stick if needed... the US of A would be in a similar situation (if they would want to), but all the small countries that have expats here have no such stick, not even too many carrots...

On 6/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Not sure what your problems are with me, but hey, I get barked at by soi dogs every other day ????

I am flabbergasted by the bickering between the Excel Guy and your posts  - Both of you are lucky that you are ....."IN" LOS, while many, many People cannot get there to resume staying in our properties there - because NO travel is permitted from Oz.. We will have to wait probably until Mid 2022, until these travel restrictions are lifted ..... so just count your blessings - while we can only lament .....

BTW, now that you are going to Switzerland for your shot of Moderna - what are your chances of getting back into LOS? Or are  you staying over in Switzerland for a while?

Good Luck.

On 6/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Is "hypocrisy" a word you just found in a dictionary by accident, or do you know what it means?

I clearly stated that I made my decision to go to Switzerland before the latest developments in June happened. I clearly do NOT tell ANYBODY to do or not do something (which would be the basis of you accusing me of hypocrisy).

ALL I say is that the development of this month make me more confident, that Thailand has learned something and is now trying to change course. If you don't believe that, I don't care, that is up to you.

And that is the end of my trying to explain something to you. You are obviously very frustrated and you are looking for someone to act out your mood on. Please look further.

Well ;since you have confirmation of appointment  and would most likely be given Atrazeneca  why not cancel the expensive trip and go get your shot  here?

12 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Well ;since you have confirmation of appointment  and would most likely be given Atrazeneca  why not cancel the expensive trip and go get your shot  here?

because I had every thing arranged in Switzerland before I got the confirmed appointment here, and that "everything" includes lots of meetings with family and friends which I have not seen for 2 years. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 2:15 PM, Swiss1960 said:

The Mor Phrom app with the pink ID card is not an option anymore, unfortunately. 

There is not sandbox model for Pattaya at this time and there can not be one for quite some time, as vaccination is only now starting in earnest.
The latest I heard out of Pattaya City Hall (my lawyer goes there frequently) is that Chonburi province is preparing the registration process for foreigners and it should be coming soon... but this is just hearsay, no proof.

There was a registration app for Chonburi on the go a couple of weeks before Mor Phrom came out, and there was no "Thai only" policy, I was registered on it. When Mor Phrom came out I had been registered on that by the hospital and got appointment for 7th June. My wife had registered with Chonburi at the same time, she couldn't get on Mor Phrom, and when she went to get her appointment card from the local authority she saw my name next to hers with the Mor Phrom appointment date beside it. Her appointment is for the 29th June. There were many posts on this forum regarding the Chonburi app when it first started.

My sister in law went this morning and the second dose for AZ has been reduced to 12 weeks, the date for my second dose is at 16 weeks.

On 6/19/2021 at 12:54 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Maybe just "sweet", Jingthing, but your last sentence is important (honoring commitments), and I would take it even a step further: They are committed to vaccinate everybody, not just Thais, and with their new "energy" from the PM's open-up statement, the might really make efforts to drive the vaccination forward for everybody. 

The pm's opening up statement doesn't magically make vaccines appear , ofcourse they will get new energy as soon as they have enough vaccines untill then where do they have to get that energy from ?? Maybe an M150 or Lipo . 

5 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Well, Mr. Excel was quite aggressive towards my opinion, while I tried to explain to him why I wrote what I wrote. But sooner or later, rowdy soi dogs need a stick, that is what he got.

Second: I am not sure, why you can not travel out from Australia to Thailand? I got my vaccination dates, bought a re-entry permit from immigration, booked my return flight BKK-ZRH-BKK, made a reservation with an ASQ hotel in Pattaya, then I went to the COE website and started the process by uploading all infos, passport, re-entry permit, flight info, my "normal" health insurance that covers Covid and has a limit of 35 mio Baht, then I uploaded the hotel information and I got an approved COE within less than 48 hours of starting the process. The app is on my phone, but not yet loaded with the COE info, the ASQ hotel got a copy of my COE and is happy as well. The online form for the Swiss government is also filled out and the bar code on my phone, and the T8 for the Thai authorities is filled out also.

Absolutely painless, all done even before I fly out to Switzerland. I will be in Switzerland for the two shots plus few days and then fly back home to Thailand. I don't care that the vaccine certificate is not yet valid (needs two weeks after second shot), because as of now, ALL passengers arriving in Thailand will go to 14 days of quarantine, vaccinated or not. The Phuket model is of no interest to me. All that is left is the two Covid tests, one for flying into Switzerland and then the one 73 hours before flying back.

all the crying on this website about leaving and flying back must all be money related because what you describe is not that difficult - to hear the continuous whining about it I thought they must be removing limbs from folks to re enter..

Thai better half has a private (BKK) registration for Moderna 24 July.

She's having none of what the Czar has to offer.

I remain committed to anything legit that's served first, I'll top up with better later, and suspect that will be the norm worldwide for a while.

We shall see. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tandor said:

...so it never crossed your mind to call and cancel your appointment...thus allowing someone else more needy to move up the list or even get your shot.

Fair go, if they can't get their act together, why should he be over-solicitous, in cancelling something that he quite rightly believed no longer existed!

in any case, someone else will get it anyway, and that includes for no-shows on the day, which is just a normal part of life in any endeavour, such as catching a plane, for example.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, Jingthing said:

I have not long returned home from Pattaya Memorial hospital, I'm still confused, we went to the reception area and spoke to an obviously frustrated & overworked nurse, it's very difficult to convey a happy face when wearing a mask and face shield, however I persevered ???? 

Now whether you want to believe the following ( I don't ) is up to you, the nurse told us that the government had told them to stop taking reservations, I believe that may have been the case at Pattaya international hospital as well, all I said to her basically was that I was looking for confirmation that as per two previous emails that we were still on the original list & would be notified as to when the vaccines were available - sometime in October, the answer I got was not overly confident, she did say as I'd had a reply previously I would be on said list.

Below is a copy of the email I sent yesterday afternoon, still not had a reply and don't really expect to get one.

I am a little concerned, I first registered with you on 15th May 2021, I then sent you a further email on 27th May 2021 wanting to know if mine & my girlfriend's registration was still okay, you replied then that all was good.

I have since read on social media that you have stopped taking registrations for the Moderna vaccine & infact you now require people to pay in advance for a vaccine that you don't have with no guarantee that should you not get the vaccine that people will get a refund, this is somewhat disappointing to say the least, I have not received an email, phone call or SMS from yourselves indicating that you require any payment, or indeed if myself & my girlfriend are still on your list. 

I would appreciate a speedy reply to my questions, as at the moment I am very unhappy with what I am hearing.

------------------------------------------------

What I really don't understand is why the Thai government won't let private hospitals take notifications for the vaccines like Moderna, J & J, Pfizer etc, then tell the Private Hospitals Association (PHA) how many they need, then pass that on to the (GPO) Government Pharmaceutical Office to purchase on their behalf,  it's not bloody rocket science, oh sorry, I forgot where I am.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, BobinBKK said:

I have read in the news as I'm pretty sure many in this forum have about 4 elderly foreign gentlemen (ages 67-80) had registered and traveled together to a particular hospital for their AZ jabs. Upon arrival to receive their jabs they were told that AZ was for "Thais ONLY" and they could only have SV. Please update all of us about "your" experience when they actually see your foreigner face.

Total rubbish, I registered at a hospital in Sukhothai province two weeks ago and was vacinnated with AZ one hour later. Waiting now for the second jab in October, stretching it to 16 weeks, would like it sooner.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, BobinBKK said:

Not where I live. I already had 1 jab of AZ. I sat with Thais and nothing you describe...