Jump to content

129,000 foreign tourists to visit Phuket by end of September


Jonathan Fairfield

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, skytrooper70 said:

I'm ignoring the "guesstimate" of arrivals because, as they say, "the proof is in the pudding," and that will occur, on 1 July.

 

Meanwhile, did anyone else have a problem with the picture of Karon Beach that was taken, on 31 March 2021? I haven't been back to Phuket (I live in Kata Noi), since August 2019, due to C-19 restrictions; however, that picture doesn't resemble my recollection of Karon Beach (especially, that white tower, at the far end of the beach). I used to walk from Kata Noi to Karon Beach Circle and back to Kata Noi, every morning. 

 

Can anyone clarify my confusion? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that is Ya Nui beach in Rawai. Its ón a road that connects the Naiharn Beach lake to Laem Promthep lookout. It's the only beach I know in Phuket that has an 'outcropping' like that pictured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how many of the "Bods" in Gov own property here - fingers in pies (so to speak) - 1 for you 2 for me etc 

& Sorry you're deluding yourself & the Phuket population if you think this will work! 

no quarantine but was 7 now 14 in hotel but can wander - GPS, no booze, Covid tests at your cost (& knowing Phuket plus some)- everyone will be charging 2 or 3 to times more - on top of ridiculous fares to travel around 

Sounds like a certain winner with holiday goers!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Enigmatist said:

I'm pretty sure that is Ya Nui beach in Rawai. Its ón a road that connects the Naiharn Beach lake to Laem Promthep lookout. It's the only beach I know in Phuket that has an 'outcropping' like that pictured. 

Like this?

Yanui Beach.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Enigmatist said:

I'm pretty sure that is Ya Nui beach in Rawai. Its ón a road that connects the Naiharn Beach lake to Laem Promthep lookout. It's the only beach I know in Phuket that has an 'outcropping' like that pictured. 

And I'm sure you're mistaken.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2021 at 9:34 AM, bermondburi said:

I am aware of that which is why I said I'm not worried because I'm not going to get sick (die), and everyone I know is also vaccinated so I'm not worried about passing it on to them either. 

 

We can't stay in our rooms forever. 

 

 

Just because you have been vaccinated and mix with other who have been vaccinated does not make you immune. It just gives you a better chance of avoiding hospitalisation.

You can die and you can pass it on to others who may have been vaccinated but have underlying symptoms.

Covid is with us for good and everyone needs to understand what it is, how it works and what the vaccine does. Everyone needs to change their habits and be more aware instead of a couldn't care less attitude. When you lose someone close to you because they caught it from others who were ignorant of how to prevent passing it on, you would not think  like this.

I would not wish it on anyone but if you caught it due to ignorance and then suffered from long term covid it would be your own fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ned Ludd said:

Just because you have been vaccinated and mix with other who have been vaccinated does not make you immune. It just gives you a better chance of avoiding hospitalisation.

You can die and you can pass it on to others who may have been vaccinated but have underlying symptoms.

Covid is with us for good and everyone needs to understand what it is, how it works and what the vaccine does. Everyone needs to change their habits and be more aware instead of a couldn't care less attitude. When you lose someone close to you because they caught it from others who were ignorant of how to prevent passing it on, you would not think  like this.

I would not wish it on anyone but if you caught it due to ignorance and then suffered from long term covid it would be your own fault.

I know it doesn't make me immune. But it does vastly improve my chances of not dying, not being hospitalised, not suffering serious illness. I'm happy with that. 

 

I'm going to get on with living. you stay in your room if you want.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ned Ludd said:

Just because you have been vaccinated and mix with other who have been vaccinated does not make you immune. It just gives you a better chance of avoiding hospitalisation.

You can die and you can pass it on to others who may have been vaccinated but have underlying symptoms.

Covid is with us for good and everyone needs to understand what it is, how it works and what the vaccine does. Everyone needs to change their habits and be more aware instead of a couldn't care less attitude. When you lose someone close to you because they caught it from others who were ignorant of how to prevent passing it on, you would not think  like this.

I would not wish it on anyone but if you caught it due to ignorance and then suffered from long term covid it would be your own fault.

"It just gives you a better chance of avoiding hospitalisation."

Not true. It also gives you a much better chance of avoiding getting infected and infecting others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 6:35 AM, stevenl said:

"It just gives you a better chance of avoiding hospitalisation."

Not true. It also gives you a much better chance of avoiding getting infected and infecting others.

I was pointing to one of the worst cases.

 

I am amazed at just how many people do not understand how vaccines work. If you are vaccinated against covid-19 and your come into contact with someone who can pass it on, you will contract it. However, your body now has anti bodies to covid-19 and they will fight the virus.

 

Depending on which vaccine you take, you have somewhere between 45% and 95% chance of your body successfully fighting off the infection. The remaining people who do not successfully fight it off will develop symptoms ranging from mild to severe. These infected people have a much better chance of survival than those who did not take the vaccine. These people can also pass on the virus to others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i heard a doctor in an interview say vaccines that are 95% effective DOES NOT mean you have a 5% chance of catching it,  if vaccinated then your level of protection is  much better than 95%, the 5% is your odds of catching it compared to an unvaccinated person and since not every unvaccinated person catches it he said the true odds of a vaccinated person getting it are something like .02%

Link to post
Share on other sites

We really have people who want to come to Phuket for this crazy scheme? These 'tourists' must be desperate for things they can't get back home.

 

Three Covid tests and you don't call that quarantine?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There might be a silver lining in this huge pile of coprolite.

 

Since these hundreds of thousands of people will be getting their slave bracelets on arrival why not put them to work doing slave labour.  Cleaning the beaches of oil balls and plastics.  Eight hours of cleaning gets you an extra day off of quarantine.

 

Take 500 of them and set them up as oarsmen on the submarine.  Worked for the Romans.  All's good till the captain wants to water ski.

 

Ahh, the sun is over the yardarm.  TTFN

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

We really have people who want to come to Phuket for this crazy scheme? These 'tourists' must be desperate for things they can't get back home.

 

Three Covid tests and you don't call that quarantine?

Now four tests (see the publication which can't be linked).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...