129,000 foreign tourists to visit Phuket by end of September

Jonathan Fairfield

23 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Isn't that the same figures, i.e. 129,000 tourists in third quarter, as was mentioned earlier in the week, but without adjustments for later news saying that 50 percent of pre-bookings already cancelled, and that those hotels opening in the sandbox-program said that they only have 20 percent bookings, and THAI stating that on their four flights from Europe during first week all together 100 seats were booked...????

129,000 during a quarter equals 43,000 a month, which will be around 10,000 incoming tourists a week. To me the 129,000 figure sounds more like the total capacity. 10,000 incoming tourists a week would be in the area of 30-40 flights if you count between 250 and up to 350 seats available in an aircraft; how many other flight routes are there besides the eight weekly known from latest news articles, i.e. four flights from/via Doha, and four THAI flights direct from Europe?

You’re right, when analysed, the number doesn’t really stack up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

So they want to mix 500 000 not vaccinated Thai tourists with 129 000 fully vaccinated

foreigners,?very interesting.

Or do the Thai tourists also need to be vaccinated?

Not a good idea in my book.

Yes, thai tourists have to have had 2 sinovac, or one AZ jab. Or a recent negative test, or quarantine.

• Thanks 1

so for Brits it is come to Thailand stay on the Island for 14 days, and when you go back home Isolate for a further 10 days, ain't gonna work.

How many of these 129000 are actually Tourists and not just those wanting to get back to Thailand for work or to be with thier families

Edited by beano2274

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

A lot of negativity here. I went through ASQ in Bangkok. I don't want to repeat it. Say what you want about the SB, but it's still a huge improvement on ASQ. 

YES, no regular tourists will come, plenty of people visiting family will use it though rather than doing ASQ. 

Agree and I have also done ASQ and plan to use the SB this time. I live in Phuket.

Just for info, there are 9 million expats living and working in UAE, where it is currently summer time (45C). For them (and me) it is a 6 hour flight and no quarantine on return. Who knows if any will go.......

DId the officials pull a bunch of orchids and a rabbit out of their rear ends along with these numbers?

Even vaccinated would question the sanity of a tourist who would risk visiting a country where the vast majority of people have not been tested for Covid and have been discouraged from doing so and where the vaccination role out is minimal and vaccine numbers quoted based on the first jab only!

Holiday of a lifetime in Thailand with a free gift of Covid 19 for you and your family!

3 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

BREAKING NEWS 

Phuket to be renamed Fantasy Island

De plane boss de plane 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, beano2274 said:

so for Brits it is come to Thailand stay on the Island for 14 days, and when you go back home Isolate for a further 10 days, ain't gonna work.

How many of these 129000 are actually Tourists and not just those wanting to get back to Thailand for work or to be with thier families

Thats one of the problems my daughter faces,she works from home so no problembut her husband has to go back to work ,so they cant come untill no having to quarantine back home.

Please delay the plan, I will go to Phuket to by restaurant and a bar!! 

Have heard from liable sources within the government that there will be 130000 by the end of september there.

And we all know that they are always correct!!!! 

On my way!!!!!!

Wait, No Chinese? Then I am not going! Changed my mind. 

25 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Agree and I have also done ASQ and plan to use the SB this time. I live in Phuket.

Just for info, there are 9 million expats living and working in UAE, where it is currently summer time (45C). For them (and me) it is a 6 hour flight and no quarantine on return. Who knows if any will go.......

Likewise. I'm in Saudi. Slightly longer flight but same weather.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

The clown who came up with those figures must be an Everly brothers fan....... Dream dream dream.????????????????????

Trust me they've never heard of the Everly Brothers.

That's farang music.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sapson said:

DId the officials pull a bunch of orchids and a rabbit out of their rear ends along with these numbers?

Even vaccinated would question the sanity of a tourist who would risk visiting a country where the vast majority of people have not been tested for Covid and have been discouraged from doing so and where the vaccination role out is minimal and vaccine numbers quoted based on the first jab only!

Holiday of a lifetime in Thailand with a free gift of Covid 19 for you and your family!

If I'm vaccinated I'm not bothered about those who aren't. They aren't going to make me sick. Everyone I know is vaccinated. I won't be passing on the virus to unvaccinated back home. 

So the air companies are saying that you can't fly long-haul if you've been vaxed because of the blood clot risk and the Thais are saying that you've gotta be vaxed to come, sounds like a classic catch 22 to me lol 

• Like 1

Phuket was a <deleted><deleted> before corona and I assume it'll still be a <deleted><deleted> after.

Somehow I can't imagine thousands of wealthy tourists deciding that the rip off center of tourist Thailand is a must go to destination for their first post corona trip.

• Sad 1