Interesting results on COVID Infections after Vaccinations Real Life - Mongolia - Pfizer, Sinovac, Astra Zeneca and Sputnik.

SHA 2 BKK

Hi all

I have several interests in Mongolia and follow the daily figures.  Despite being one of the most vaccinated nations in the world (yep Mongolia population 3.3 million) - they are suffering record numbers if infections (mainly amongst rural dwellers, children and other unvaccinated groups) and number of infections per million are very high.  

The good news is that 14 Days after vaccination just over 1% of fully vaccinated persons developed COVID dropping to just over .5% 24 weeks after vaccination.

Mongolia has relied mainly on donated vaccines (some from India, China, USA and Russia and some from COVAX.  So they have a good mix of vaccines to compare real life data too.

As per my expectation Pfizer was the most effective in stopping COVID infection but interestingly SINOVAC came second followed by Astra-Zeneca and finally Sputnik V.  

You will have to excuse the translation but the story is originally in Mongolian translated by Google.  VeroCell is SINOVAC and COMIRNATY Pfizer.

Source:  https://news.mn/r/2443669/

"As of June 20, 2021, 3,588,146 doses of Covid-19 vaccine had been administered in duplicate nationwide. Of the 1,392,571 people who received the second dose of Covid-19 vaccine 14 days or more, a total of 1.01 percent (14,101) became infected.

Name of the vaccine Number of people involved I'm sick Percentage
Covid-19 / VeroCell 1274732 11,550 0.91%
Covid-19 / AstraZeneca 103,495 2,394 2.31%
Covid-19 / COMIRNATY 12,151 102 0.84%
Covid-19 / SPUTNIK 2,193 55 2.51%
Total 1,392,571 14,101 1.01%

At 24 weeks, 7,627 people (0.54 percent) were diagnosed with Covid-19 infection. In terms of vaccines, 0.51 percent were infected after Verocell, 1.05 percent were infected with Astrazeneka, 0.52 percent were infected with Komirneti, and 1.19 percent were infected with Sputnik."

15 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I'd rather go with sound data from UK,USA, etc.

No AstraZeneca (USA), no Sinovac, no Sinopharm, no Sputnik.

Limited value when living here.

Praise of J&J, Moderna and BioNTech expected, all of which are far on the horizon here (October or much later).

Interesting BTW: AZ still not approved in the US while used widely in UK/Europe.

What could that mean for travel?

Will the UK best friends be locked out?

Edited by KhunBENQ
added "USA" to AZ