Thai Interior Ministry U-turns on special vaccine quota for ThaiBev’s employees

webfact

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

If ThaiBev has influence, why are the bars closed and restaurants suffering by not being able to sell drink with meals?  Surely that's a large chunk of their business gone?

What a so obviously troll post.

are you suggesting that they don’t have influence? That the order for their employees was spontaneously issued without influence? That if they had influence they would get bars opened? That the closure of bars means they don’t have influence.

or are you not suggesting anything, not offering any information, not offering an opinion, just trolling.

SMH.

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

Hmmm... surely looks like these Sirivadhanabhakdis do have a lot of free time at hand to... uhm... proliferate. Even puts the Q'ing emperors and the old Ottoman sultans in their places.

Lol, it’s certainly poorly worded. I think they mean the family members of the employees, or I assume so.

9 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

you would need to look at yourself in the mirror and answer that question. 

my 13 year old daughter would, I hope, come up with the right answer as to why it is disgraceful that a well to do and connected family not only seeks special treatment for its employees, but gets it.

keep thinking about it and perhaps you will as well.

if your post was simply to bait, you achieved that, but made yourself look rather foolish.

Absolutely not baiting. .. I am amazed by your attitude implying that priviledges shouldn't come with wealth, surely that is the whole point of capitalism.

2 hours ago, hotelbri said:

Absolutely not baiting. .. I am amazed by your attitude implying that priviledges shouldn't come with wealth, surely that is the whole point of capitalism.

Those privileges should be goods and services  that money can buy in the legitimate marketplace. Govt. provided vaccines aren't one of them.

6 hours ago, hotelbri said:

Hmm, I think we come from a different moral background so will have to agree to disagree.

but briefly, wealth does indeed buy many many privileges. Spending money legitimately on luxuries of all kinds that others can’t afford, sure, no problem. I do that myself. Using that money in the form of influence, to get government officials to do my bidding, that crosses a line for me.

I guess it doesn’t for you.

• Like 1