Jobs For Fillipinos

If a guy got a job in Thailand and missed is Fillipina wife, could she legaly stay with him, could she find work? I read somewhere that Thai's were employing Fillipino teachers as they were more cheaper and reliable than farangs.

If a guy got a job in Thailand and missed is Fillipina wife, could she legaly stay with him...

If the man employed in Thailand has an extension of stay, for example based on his employment, his wife can apply for an extension of stay as his dependent and will be granted an extension for the same period as her husband. If she did not enter Thailand on a non-O visa, she has to apply at Immigration first for a change of visa status to non-O.

This non-O status with extension will entitle the wife to apply for a work permit, if she wishes to do so.

--------------

Maestro

no idea, but you also get a lot of filipino singers in bands in bars, can she sing?

She can sing, but she's not a singer - surely though she'd have to already be part of an existing band, I can't see there being many Fillipno bands in Thailand in need of a singer. I only know of one as it is, that band that do the Samui circuit.

How about teaching kindergarten? She's great with kids and has enough nursing qualifications to be a nanny.