Can't Get Phuket Certificate of Entry

Philharmonic

On 6/23/2021 at 10:46 AM, pagallim said:

As I understand it, COE's cannot be issued for Phuket (unless under the existing ASQ scheme) until the proposed "Phuket Sandbox" becomes official.   This will not be done until it becomes law by being published in the Royal Gazette.   If this happens, this should be sometime this week.

The Phuket situation has already been posted on the Emirates website.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Yes, we're all aware of what the likely requirements and criteria are, and whilst airlines, hotels, and even TAT can post whatever they like, the fact remains that until it has been released via the Royal Gazette, nothing is definite.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 9:40 AM, PETERTHEEATER said:

TAT are and they are never wrong.......

No, not true. This is a trial and supposed to start slowly. Nobody is expecting 'a flood of tourists'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, sandyf said:

So  just announced COE applications will be allowed in 2 more days time on the 28th 12:00 Thailand time. To get to Phuket from North America by JUL 01 you have to leave on June 29. This been planned going on for weeks what the heck are they thinking have a big opening day with 

empty planes and 12 tourists ?

There is a word I have been hearing lately "shambolic".

I think it is a portmanteau of shambles and chaotic. 

Edited by Captain Monday

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

So  just announced COE applications will be allowed in 2 more days time on the 28th 12:00 Thailand time. To get to Phuket from North America by JUL 01 you have to leave on June 29. This been planned going on for weeks what the heck are they thinking have a big opening day with 

empty planes and 12 tourists ?

There is a word I have been hearing lately "shambolic".

I think it is a portmanteau of shambles and chaotic. 

So in your view it should have been postponed so North Americans didn't have a problem.

Is it better to complain about something being done or complain about nothing being done?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

So in your view it should have been postponed so North Americans didn't have a problem.

Is it better to complain about something being done or complain about nothing being done?

That's all the same if it is to change everything 6 hours later...

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

No not at all my view.  It's the close the country forever faction in Thailand that wants it postponed not me! They should get their act together and  COE application window should have been opened earlier. 

In fact it is Saturday morning in Thailand not opened yet, only promised to open on Monday noon! Seriously nobody thinks that is reasonable, from Europe that still requires departing June 30 to get  there by JUL 01 unless you do a non-stop flight I would not bother with bankrupted airlines.

• I went to Thailand already this year and did an ASQ . I have visa and insurances, so already jumped through most of hoops
  • I listed on a flight a flight and SHA+ hotel 14 nights  weeks ago (refundable) to arrive July 02
  • The hotel sent SHA+ booking QR code and reference number yesterday
  • Fully vaccinated and already PCR  tested 13 times. Irrelevant but I must consider when I do predeparture PCR test. The timing of this is essential. To get to the point where I board my flight and test  I need to leave 36+ hours early and stay in a hotel

I would rather not even take the test and leave home here if I cant get the COE in time. The moment I can I will upload the SHA+ reference code and hit  send . If it is all in vain it will not be fault of the Thai Consulate ,  "hands are tied by Ankara".   Website says 15 working days are required for COE processing. My experience is it takes from a few hours to more than a week. Shambolic

I was going to leave 1 week ago and do another ASQ in BKK but as of about 30 days prior my obligations for July changed.  I do not need to be back home by a certain date now. So, the idea of Phuket sandbox was much more appealing than another 15 nights in a box. This time with no cleaning, no poolside rec, and maybe even no laundry. I think it can be very safe, demonstrating this model, I don't mid extra tests, wearing a GPS tracker ????, orang other nonsense.. Actually I am quite exited and proud to be a Sandbox pioneer. Not confident it will last though.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

Updated status:

1) June 14 2021 Submitted first step application (vaccine, passport, visa, health insurance) - approved in one day no trouble

2) June 16 2021 Submitted second step application (hotel, flight) - rejected after three days for "incorrect flight number" presumably because I wrote "singapore airlines 726" instead of "SQ726".  I was invited to reapply.

3) June 19 2021 resubmitted exact same first step application - rejected after one day because "we do not accept insurance cards, you must submit proof of health insurance amount and duration."  What?  First of all, the card was on the first page of the 8 page document, the officer must not have scrolled to the second page.  Second of all, how was this perfectly fine the first time but not ok the second time?  I was invited to amend my application.

4)  June 20 resubmitted exact same application with health insurance details on first (visible) page instead of second page. Application rejected after 2 days for exact same health insurance reason.

5)  June 23 resubmitted application, instead of using my $2500 normal health insurance, I paid another $100 to Tune Insurance for a 30 day policy which Specifically mentions covid coverage.  After two days my first step application approved!!

6)  June 25 Attempted to submit second step for Phuket Sandbox only to see the warning that Phuket Sandbox registration will only open 28 June ... all SHA+ hotel options have been removed from the site.  I guess the previous process was just for show after all.  Now the dilemma ... play it safe(r) and book the ALQ or wait a few days and take a chance SHA+ will actually happen?  My flight July 4th so that's cutting it awfully close.  Wait a minute, ALQ at Senses is $8000.  SHA+ at Senses is $500. Waiting it is. 

7) June 28 0100 Thailand time.  Gamble did not pay off.  Thai website still not accepting SHA+ applications, although perhaps they meant 12pm Thailand time, not 12am.  To cancel or not to cancel?