OK, I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new multi entry non-o (visit spouse) visa from Delhi.

Advantages.

Quiet visa application centre in the heart of New Delhi, 10 minute walk from a subway stop.

Submit application 8-10AM, pick up visa next day 12-4 PM (you CAN submit in the afternoon, but then pickup is not next day)

No financial requirement. Just copies of marriage cert, Wifeys ID, house book and passport

Helpful staff - it's outsourced to VFS the same shower used by the British Embassy in BKK but a totally different experience.

Amazing city to visit

Disadvantages

Most of us need a visa to visit India

4 hour flight

Costs 6706 Rupees (5519 Baht) including 400 Rupees for the 'processing charge' and 56 Rupees for the bank draft.

Delhi is a shithole

Visa is overstamped "family visit, not for employment" but similar stamps have been ignored by the employment chaps in the past.

Edited by Crossy

OK, I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new multi entry non-o (visit spouse) visa from Delhi.

Advantages.

Quiet visa application centre in the heart of New Delhi, 10 minute walk from a subway stop.

No financial requirement. Just copies of marriage cert, Wifeys ID, house book and passport

Helpful staff - it's outsourced to VFS the same shower used by the British Embassy in BKK but a totally different experience.

Amazing city to visit

Disadvantages

Most of us need a visa to visit India

4 hour flight

Costs 6706 Rupees (5519 Baht) including 400 Rupees for the 'processing charge' and 56 Rupees for the bank draft.

Delhi is a shithole

Visa is overstamped "family visit, not for employment" but similar stamps have been ignored by the employment chaps in the past.

nice one. They have a subway in Delhi? :o

I am really happy to learn about this.To have an alternative to get my multiple somewhere else ,cause need to visit a totally different environment.India suits I guess,getting to my homeland or malaysia starts to get boring.

How much you pay for a return BKK to delhi?

Or is there another alternative like a consulate or something,thinking about Calcutta?Cause i think there is more sightseeing which is interesting.Maybe I like it over there (which i doubt)and visit it more often ,but a small holiday is not bad ,next year maybe.Thanks for the info OP,nice to read your story!

I am really happy to learn about this.To have an alternative to get my multiple somewhere else ,cause need to visit a totally different environment.India suits I guess,getting to my homeland or malaysia starts to get boring.

How much you pay for a return BKK to delhi?

Or is there another alternative like a consulate or something,thinking about Calcutta?Cause i think there is more sightseeing which is interesting.Maybe I like it over there (which i doubt)and visit it more often ,but a small holiday is not bad ,next year maybe.Thanks for the info OP,nice to read your story!

There's another visa centre in Chennai (dunno about Kalcatta) but no idea what it's like. Company paid for (business class) flights as I happen to be working here at the moment, but Jet Airways fly direct BKK - DEL at sensible cost, check out their website :o