Private hospitals will need to reassess after official admits only half of Moderna vax will be available

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

GPO director Withoon Danwiboon said that hospitals will need to reassess the numbers within this month for the rollout in the fourth quarter reported Daily News.

Even the price is still to be decided, he said. Earlier the PHA said it would be 3,800 baht for two doses.

I think it just doubled.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Well if I had any doubts about getting Sinovac next week they have now evaporated.........

You may still be in for a shot of Sinopharm though... always an alternative,

Choc dee

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In any normal country, certain people would be held accountable for such a vaccine fiasco, and dismissals would be inevitable. 

But here, with his "whatever will be, will be" attitude, things will continue, and things will get progressively worse.

Nothing short of shambolic by this unelected regime.

No opposition, no checks and balances, no referendums, no fair elections...

Up to the Thai people to take power back if they don't like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

So thousands of Thai nationals who live in western countries get western vaccines for free.  But Expats here have limited options.  Amazing Thailand.

I know when my Thai girlfriend and I travel to the USA in 2 months we will both have a choice between Pfizer, Moderna or J&J for free, not this trash they are jabbing people here with.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, club said:

I know when my Thai girlfriend and I travel to the USA in 2 months we will both have a choice between Pfizer, Moderna or J&J for free, not this trash they are jabbing people here with.  

What's your point. In USA you get a choice. Ripper.

All of these well-heeled investors they constantly try to attract must be absolutely dying to get here to set up shop in a place that can't even get their OWN people vaccinated, l never mind foreigners/expats/investors.

1 minute ago, club said:

My point is this , Thai people get jabbed first here. In the USA it doesn't matter what race you are , what your legal status is. Why cant it be that way here Ripper?

That has zero to do with your previous post which referred to in USA you have a choice......."and not the trash they are jabbing people with here"   your words.

No mention of the concern that Thai are being served first. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

The UK has vaccinated 70pc of its population starting a year ago regardless of socio economic standing. Thailand 3pc mainly HiSos Military Government Officials with a few in kitty litter locations and local hotspots. Test and track combined with DNA variant IDing is the best in the world in the UK. Vaccine fiasco is a generous description of what is happening in Thailand. Pattaya Memorial cancelling their Moderna program is clearly because they have no chance of obtaining the vaccine in October due to government interference. The Private Hospitals Association should be given the green light to obtain 90m vaccines asap free from government interference. Thailand does not have an NHS to dig them out of the hole they are in.

The vaccines were not in existence a year ago. The first vaccine was administered on 8th December 2020 so not a year ago, but less than 7 months and the fully vaccinated figure (as of 3 days ago) is 47.2%, not 70%.

Wildly exaggerating figures doesn't enhance a narrative, it just makes the whole story appear to be unresearched and inaccurate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

???? 3800baht when there where 10milj i geuss now will be 7600 only having half that .

Anyway a good excuse to push the price up more; supply will be withheld if/wherever necessary. Do not be surprised at blatant profiteering.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That has zero to do with your previous post which referred to in USA you have a choice......."and not the trash they are jabbing people with here"   your words.

No mention of the concern that Thai are being served first. 

What choice do you have here Ripper if your a foreigner ? Let me help you NONE. Nothing wrong on expanding on my point . 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, club said:

Where in this quote do you refer to Thai being able to receive the vaccine sooner than farang. 

No where. 

2 minutes ago, club said:

What choice do you have here Ripper if your a foreigner ? Let me help you NONE. Nothing wrong on expanding on my point . 

Obviously your having comprehension  issues . 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, club said:

Had a choice of the sinovac or AZ vaccine today.  Picked AZ. Sure there could have been a bigger selection had the government here acted sooner, but I still had a choice.  Yes it was free.

Edited by ThailandRyan

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In any normal country, certain people would be held accountable for such a vaccine fiasco, and dismissals would be inevitable. 

But here, with his "whatever will be, will be" attitude, things will continue, and things will get progressively worse.

What's a normal country? Australia's rollout is only slightly better than Thailand and Australia has arbitrarily denied access to the vaccine in some areas due to supply limitations while in other areas excess supply has meant destroying unused doses.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Had a choice of the sinovac or AZ vaccine today.  Picked AZ. Sure there could have been a bigger selection had tge government here acted sooner,, but I still had a choice.  Yes it was free.

Not much of a choice is it? but better then nothing. My friend who is 78 said they gave him no choice because they told him AZ was for only 60 and over now and he could not pick Sinovac

7 minutes ago, club said:

Not much of a choice is it? but better then nothing. My friend who is 78 said they gave him no choice because they told him AZ was for only 60 and over now and he could not pick Sinovac

Plenty of over 60's foreigners at MedPark hospital today getting the AZ vaccine.  You might want to check again.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-60s-in-thailand-to-have-option-of-sinovac-vaccine-not-just-astrazeneca/

Edited by ThailandRyan

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It is strange to see that all countries in the world except the United States are to blame for the fact that the United States produces a non-transportable vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Many of us are rightly disappointed with the news but must braced themselves to face the fact that vaccine supplies will fluctuate and demand will continue to chase supply. Moderna has signalled the shortfall in vaccine doses it can deliver to countries outside the US, Canada and UK since April. Vaccine manufacturing is a highly complex process and a number of elements including human and material resources are factored into this volatility. I heard that Pfizer in US is also struggling to keep up with demand as they encounter problems with scaling up. India also cut back on AZ vaccine export on a nationalistic call to stop the surging infections and deaths. Chinese vaccines at the moment is the only country that have the ability to ramp up production and capacity for obvious reasons. Whether we like it or not, we will see more Chinese vaccines available for the simple fact that they have the supplies while others don't. Be smart, get the vaccine that is available and not wait. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Plenty of over 60's foreigners at MedPark hospital today getting the AZ vaccine.  You might want to check again.

Check again for what? My friend was told AZ was only 60 and over. He had no choice in vaccine. It was AZ or nothing

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Well if I had any doubts about getting Sinovac next week they have now evaporated.........

Ad·https://www.who.int/sinovac/coronavac

Ad·https://www.who.int/sinovac/coronavac

Why do you want the Chinese vaccine Sinovac? The Efficacy is only 51% for preventing symptomatic disease & 100% for preventing hospitalization.

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

Do I hear 10,000?  Yes, you in the black Mercedes. What about 15,000? The gentleman with the diamond lapel pin, yes. How about 20,000?  30,000?  Going for 30,000 once, 30,000 twice, SOLD to the gentleman with six bodyguards and a armored car outside waiting to return to Thonglor.

If I remember correctly the hosp association said that they had already set the price at 3800 baht and all hospitals had agreed to that price and had already ordered them. Not surprised to hear they are not really ordered but still in negotiation.

Not sure what to negotiate and that will just puch the receipt tine back most likely. Also the price bring quoted and pre- pay required In Nakhon Si Thammarat hosp is 4000+ baht for the vaccine and they aren't sure but want to charge for hosp service to give the shots.

How can you charge an overpriced fee if you haven't ordered the vaccine and still not set the final price because of on going negotiations? Not surprising just disappointed

• Like 1