Private hospitals will need to reassess after official admits only half of Moderna vax will be available

webfact

35 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

From what I read the government has forced the private hospitals to donate 2m of the 5m shots of Moderna to the Thai Red Cross.  

I booked Moderna with THG but they have questionnaire asking if you have had a government shot now.  If you say yes, they say you shouldn't book this vaccine because you need to wait 6 months after the 2nd government shot. So it would have been better not to tell them but too late. 

And who would be entitled to be vaccinated by the Red Cross.? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Assuming this is true, I have my doubts, then it would be Thais (100%) who are at risk and otherwise unable to secure a vaccine.

So this is a humanitarian gesture for underprivileged Thais.? I am impressed. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In any normal country, certain people would be held accountable for such a vaccine fiasco, and dismissals would be inevitable. 

But here, with his "whatever will be, will be" attitude, things will continue, and things will get progressively worse.

Nothing short of shambolic by this unelected regime.

That’s the beauty of the “lose face” concept.

Everybody can keep <deleted> up and nobody takes blame, learns from mistakes or gets any smarter.

People can die like flies from Covid and it will just be due to bad luck. Keep smiling ????

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Wont be long before they start saying that they cannot do the 2nd jab when required and the vaccine you had be useless and you have to start all over again

That is exactly what is about to happen.

With talk of a third jab possibly being needed for certain vaccines it's not looking good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rott said:

And who would be entitled to be vaccinated by the Red Cross.? 

Normally you can pay the Thai Red Cross to vaccinate you, not sure for COVID-19 though.

I have been there for my yellow fever and flu shots before going to work in deepest, darkest Africa. 

They are much cheaper for those shots than any private hospitals.

Again, not sure about COVID-19 vaccinations. 

39 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I thought they said like two or three weeks ago it was for both injections it was gonna be 3400 the price keeps going up but yet there’s no vaccines to be gotten what the hell is this government doing TIT

is it is being withheld so that the price can rise?

Edited by malibukid

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In any normal country, certain people would be held accountable for such a vaccine fiasco, and dismissals would be inevitable. 

Obviously the UK is not a normal country,  the test and trace system is a £37 billion failure and the inevitable dismissals are notable by their absence.

Your so called "vaccine fiasco" pales into insignificance compared to the covid "highlights" in some other countries.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

"Amazing Thailand"

Moderna Vaccine:

1. When?  Don't know

2. How much?  3800?  Don't Know

3. Deposit?  Refundable? Don't know and No/Don't Know

Where is the world can you get an answers like this from a medical institution(exact  reply I got from a major hospital in CNX-won't say the name but if you like American Football just think one of the two teams in LA).