Private hospitals will need to reassess after official admits only half of Moderna vax will be available

webfact

20 hours ago, bradiston said:

Bangpakok hospital group is offering Moderna in the last quarter. Can book one or two jabs, 1200 per jab pay now, and 700 for each jab later.

https://bpkconnect.com/ecommerce/vaccine

Thanks for the link bradiston. I see the red font that basically implies "no refund" if things don't go to plan. Very reassuring.

Is it just best to go to Bumrungrad or one of the major hospitals and try our "luck"?

37 minutes ago, Korat88 said:

Thanks for the link bradiston. I see the red font that basically implies "no refund" if things don't go to plan. Very reassuring.

Is it just best to go to Bumrungrad or one of the major hospitals and try our "luck"?

Well, "no refund" should be displayed in 9 ft high letters at all arrival points to the LOS. The point for me is that a 1200 THB write off if I do decide to cancel is a lot easier to stomach than a 4000 THB one which some hospitals are requiring up front. I only want one shot as a POSSIBLE booster sometime in the future, so really it's just a marker which could pay out, so to speak.

As for Bumrungrad, I can't comment. If they are not accepting bookings I think you can forget it. You'll be wasting your time. The Bangpakok group are handy for Bangkokians as their hospitals are mostly in the Thonburi area. Difficult for us country cousins to get to, except for one, which is near Asok/Makkasan.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, eastendanto said:

Now I cannot be certain if the UK is a "normal country" in your own assessment of normal countries, but having witnessed first hand in the UK the debacle of what are covid rules n regs which are still ongoing and regular massaged to accommodate the privileged (UEFA 2.5K VIPS as an example), complete mess of PPE purchase and distribution in the early days and a Health Minister who has been labelled "hopeless" by the PM in recently released private whatsapp msgs, who must be made of tungsten, cos he still stands loud n proud and not in the least bit accountable...though if you look through the history of anyone in public service in the UK very view are held accountable for the complete mess of things they have made in the past.... after all, it's only tax payers money and there's plenty more taxes to be paid...the Vax rollout has been a success so he does get some brownie points, more by luck then planning, I would hazard a guess that if AZ/Oxford hadn't been developed in the UK and we had to rely on one of the other developed Vax's to buy and deploy, it would have been a much tougher gig...

So our Health minister finally falls on his sword, not for his complete mess of the role to which he was assigned but for being caught on video having a snog and a grope with a bit on the side who he employed....what a <deleted>.....and to make it even more comical he wasn't sacked cos obviously Boris thought he was doing a good job (sic) he resigned for not following his own draconianly enforced rules on the general public... what a double <deleted>...whatever you think the government in Thailand is over in the UK they're giving them a good run for their money more like a Carry on film then an elected government...

On 6/27/2021 at 1:24 PM, BobinBKK said:

Making a deposit and/or paying upfront for medical treatment that "ISN'T ONHAND" should be "EVERYONE'S" clue to being "suspect".

I 'm on the list at a Private in Udon for the M vacc ! I had to send a  "refundable" deposit !

Several weeks prior to that ,in May I had a opportunity to join a total non refundable amount of 4k to be on the  list for Moderna in SakonNakhon, I didn't bother

Edited by riclag

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

I 'm on the list at a Private in Udon for the M vacc ! I had to send a  "refundable" deposit !

Several weeks prior to that ,in May I had a opportunity to join a non refundable list

for Moderna in SakonNakhon, I didn't bother

AEK or Bangkok hospital?

On 6/25/2021 at 11:09 PM, billd766 said:

If you value them so much, why are you here in Thailand?

I have lived and worked in 38 countries during my working life and the only country I have been able to vote to change things. is the UK, my home country.

Nowhere else in the world was I permitted to vote or try to change things.

How about you? Do you think that anything you do or say will affect the way that Thailand is run?

My life is here in Thailand and very little affects that. I have a Thai and son who I care for very much.

From what I read in the news and get from friends is that the UK is not a country that I wish to return to and start a new life at 77 years old.

Same as me. Worked all over the shop and never had a dog in any fights. The closest I came was an L1 visa in the US but after a couple of gigs paying taxes but having no say in what I wanted done with those taxes, I went 'international gypsy' again. You have no real say in where you hang your hat, be it here or some other country where you have no birthrights.

I too have family here and it has been my home for the best part of almost 30 years of my life. However, I am under no illusions about my  having any sort of control over that. Being in my twilight years, my future is irrelevant when I consider my wife and family. I may not necessarily have a better life in relocating back to my homeland but my family could.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, riclag said:

Several weeks prior to that ,in May I had a opportunity to join a total non refundable amount of 4k to be on the  list for Moderna in SakonNakhon, I didn't bother

I wish you good luck and good health... Why any of these people are asking for a deposit for something that is guarantied to sell out as fast as they can get it is beyond me... 

2 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I wish you good luck and good health... Why any of these people are asking for a deposit for something that is guarantied to sell out as fast as they can get it is beyond me... 

Already reading reports of sold out.... don't know if any Thai orders are even in the pipeline, but seems unlikely if the hospitals want payment up front now.