Private hospitals will need to reassess after official admits only half of Moderna vax will be available

webfact

2 minutes ago, club said:

Check again for what? My friend was told AZ was only 60 and over. He had no choice in vaccine. It was AZ or nothing

Not true. If that's what he was told then the folks told him wrong.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-60s-in-thailand-to-have-option-of-sinovac-vaccine-not-just-astrazeneca/

59 minutes ago, club said:

Thailand made the choice to be in the back of the line for vaccine purchase. Even after the shrimp market incident. They deserve all this bashing while people die because of their poor decisions

I would hardly call it unfair basing. They deserve all the criticism they receive for doing such a <deleted> poor job in this very serious issue that needed more leadership from the government, not money hungry people pushing other agendas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

The Thai government will tell you what they want you to hear, too often it is not the truth.

Unfortunately, many today getting vaccinated at MedPark hospital had the same choice i did.  Sinovac or AZ. Of course YMMV.

Edited by ThailandRyan

If the Thai government really does end the quarantine in October, I will fly to the US and get a decent vaccine there then return after I am fully vaccinated.  That means, of course, that I will be spending several thousand dollars, but with no benefit to Thailand's battered economy.

1 minute ago, club said:

Look at the date of that article. May 7 2021 . Everything changed on what age group should get AZ after that date . 

Then explain why today they were vaccinating those over 60 with the AZ vaccine at MedPark hospital in Bangkok. Believe what you want, I could care less.  I was vaccinated todY with AZ and so were many others.

Edited by ThailandRyan

5 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Seriously, how can people talk about "saving face" being a thing when everything that's said and every decision that's made by those in power is so spectacularly wrong and/or lied about

You don't understand. They lie to save face, and they don't realise that when their lies are exposed they lose even more face. Like when someone kills someone because they've caused them to lose face, and they lose even more face when arrested. Or they insist that Tuesday is Wednesday and when shown indisputably that it's Tuesday they still insist it's Wednesday so that they don't lose face, but by doing so they lose more. They don't understand the second part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Forrests Father said:

And in case you have already booked and paid 

ADDB2B56-CAC5-4C71-A13B-31CCE3683478.jpeg

That is the normal trend in Thailand . No return of payments what ever the reason . Home pro has learnt how to do things . I shop there often .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Appears we're entering "auction" territory on this one.

from 7 June 2021

"An order for 10 million doses will be placed by the Government Pharmaceuticals Organization on their behalf

The vaccine will come in three lots — 4 million doses in October, 1 million early next year and 5 million more later."

I walked into Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani yesterday and paid 7,600 baht for 2 shots per person. 

Wife asked, this is for October, yes said the admin staff, so I have 2 receipts for the advertised price paid for and accepted, therefore that to me is a contract and we expect our shots in October for that price unless there is an unforeseen delay in the vaccines.

They can put the price up, but I won't be paying it and will hold them too the contract, price paid for goods to be received.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Then explain why today they were vaccinating those over 60 with the AZ vaccine at MedPark hospital in Bangkok. Believe what you want, I could care less.  I was vaccinated todY with AZ and so were many others.

You are still not understanding what I am saying. I know they are vaccinating people over 60, but you no longer have a choice between Sinovac and AZ if you are over 60 like your 6 week old article says. Things are changing daily. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, club said:

You are still not understanding what I am saying. I know they are vaccinating people over 60, but you no longer have a choice between Sinovac and AZ if you are over 60 like your 6 week old article says. Things are changing daily. 

I was vaccinated today with AZ, and had a choice between Sinovac or AZ so did many others over 60 who were there as well.  Tell me again I am wrong, my paperwork shows the AZ vaccine was administered and a date 12 weeks out was given. So were those I was with.  In fact the vaccination site had hundreds in attendance on the 1st and 2nd floor vaccination centers in the hospital.  Are you trying to tell me I am wrong, if so your out in left field.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

I was vaccinated today with AZ, and had a choice between Sinovac or AZ so did many others over 60 who were there as well.  Tell me again I am wrong, my paperwork shows the AZ vaccine was administered and a date 12 weeks out was given. So were those I was with.  In fact the vaccination site had hundreds in attendance on the 2st and 2nd floor vaccination centers in the hospital.  Are you trying to tell me I am wrong, if so your out in left field.

I am not trying to tell you were wrong. Just keep hearing conflicting stories from the government and  people that have already had their first jab. One other thing you said they gave you a 12 week appointment for second jab. They just announced the other day they were making it 8 weeks between jabs because of the Delta variant   

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Many of us are rightly disappointed with the news but must braced themselves to face the fact that vaccine supplies will fluctuate and demand will continue to chase supply. Moderna has signalled the shortfall in vaccine doses it can deliver to countries outside the US, Canada and UK since April. Vaccine manufacturing is a highly complex process and a number of elements including human and material resources are factored into this volatility. I heard that Pfizer in US is also struggling to keep up with demand as they encounter problems with scaling up. India also cut back on AZ vaccine export on a nationalistic call to stop the surging infections and deaths. Chinese vaccines at the moment is the only country that have the ability to ramp up production and capacity for obvious reasons. Whether we like it or not, we will see more Chinese vaccines available for the simple fact that they have the supplies while others don't. Be smart, get the vaccine that is available and not wait. 

Taking the Chinese Sinovac is not worth the risk and now we have the new Covid-19 variant. The efficacy of the Chinese vaccine (Sinovac) is only 51% for preventing symptomatic disease. I will continue to protect myself and mostly stay at home until I can receive a worthy vaccination. Looks like I might be waiting for awhile, maybe next year, 5555.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, club said:

I am not trying to tell you were wrong. Just keep hearing conflicting stories from the government and  people that have already had their first jab. One other thing you said they gave you a 12 week appointment for second jab. They just announced the other day they were making it 8 weeks between jabs because of the Delta variant   

The 8 weeks is still being discussed and has not been officially put in place.  I was told my date may change, but they would let me know.  If your hearing reports of those over 60 not getting the choice then the center they are going to must be out of the AZ vaccine.  Not sure why they would take a vaccine they did not originally sign up for if that's the case.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You don't understand. They lie to save face, and they don't realise that when their lies are exposed they lose even more face. Like when someone kills someone because they've caused them to lose face, and they lose even more face when arrested. Or they insist that Tuesday is Wednesday and when shown indisputably that it's Tuesday they still insist it's Wednesday so that they don't lose face, but by doing so they lose more. They don't understand the second part.

Have you not been in Thailand very long? Most if not all Thai people will never admit they are wrong, so they lie to cover it up and not admit they were wrong. My Thai wife will be the first to tell you this, she knows this very well. When she is wrong, she will not admit it, she just ignores me, 5555

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The 8 weeks is still being discussed and has not been officially put in place.  I was told my date may change, but they would let me know.  If your hearing reports of those over 60 not getting the choice then the center they are going to must be out of the AZ vaccine.  Not sure why they would take a vaccine they did not originally sign up for if that's the case.

You have nothing to fear, it will change again and again!

Incredibly frustrating.

Again, when Thailand starts getting 10 million doses every month from that date you can count down one year to herd immunity.  (or close to thereabouts)

Still waiting.  Not even close yet.  

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

There are things put officially in place here?  You are having a laugh, right.

Understood, or the other scenario would be they were out of Sinovac when my friend was told he HAD to have AZ. Anyway Sorry for any misunderstanding. Take care

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, itsari said:

That is the normal trend in Thailand . No return of payments what ever the reason . Home pro has learnt how to do things . I shop there often .

Don't ever buy anything from Home Pro where the packaging is held together with Sellotape.

10 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

Taking the Chinese Sinovac is not worth the risk and now we have the new Covid-19 variant. The efficacy of the Chinese vaccine (Sinovac) is only 51% for preventing symptomatic disease. I will continue to protect myself and mostly stay at home until I can receive a worthy vaccination. Looks like I might be waiting for awhile, maybe next year, 5555.

I would be very leery of taking this vaccine.  ;(

I had a cocktail of AZ and Astra.  No neurological effects yet - still a ***k though  ???? 

3 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

There are things put officially in place here?  You are having a laugh, right.

There are things put into place all of the time, now whether they are adhered to is another thing.  I have never had any real issues in my over 12 years of being here.  DL's, Bank accounts, Pink ID Card, yellow book, all had a few glitches but never any real problems like some folks seem to have constantly.  It is what it is and with anything in life YMMV, same as with this vaccination rollout.  I registered on different sites and apps and Intervac was the only one that worked for me.  When your retired you can always roll with the tide and not get wrapped around the axels.

8 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

Have you not been in Thailand very long? Most if not all Thai people will never admit they are wrong, so they lie to cover it up and not admit they were wrong. My Thai wife will be the first to tell you this, she knows this very well. When she is wrong, she will not admit it, she just ignores me, 5555

I've lived here for 26 years, and I agree with what you say. Which is agreeing with what I wrote. I've never yet heard a Thai admit they are wrong. And I've only once seen one take responsibility for anything, when a dog rushed from a house and bit me and the owner took me to a clinic for treatment and paid the bill.

• Like 2

But doe's it matter when we have AstraZeneca’s vaccine production in Thailand by the Siam Bioscience Company Limited, which is a Thai owned company, of which 100% of thier production in guarenteed to go only to people in Thailand.

I am sure the generous owners of the company have no issues with that and are making all efforts nessasary?

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Heng said:

Surely that's for the folks who change their minds because they have already obtained the vaccine elsewhere.   It's not 'we're not going to vaccinate you AND we're not going to return your money.'   

If they don’t get vaccinated and the hospital don’t pay back the money: I hope the guys get at least a voucher for a pap smear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riparian said:

Don't ever buy anything from Home Pro where the packaging is held together with Sellotape.

Just keep the receipt and take the sello taped product back if you dont want it with Home Pro . 

Say goodbye to your money with the rest of the Thai business people i have dealt with .

• Like 1