Private hospitals will need to reassess after official admits only half of Moderna vax will be available

webfact

20 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

True idiots running this.  Nobody has any clue.  You place an order and pay the bill.  Then you get the delivery.  Its so freaking simple!

Eventually some of these idiots will be hanging from a tree.  Thai people have to much patience with these pathetic bed wetters dressed as Generals.

So true idiots running Australia as well. Australia placed an order and paid for a shipment of AstraZenica and when it was ready for shipment the EU stopped the order from being exported because they did not have enough AstraZenica for themselves. So it is not that freaking simple. It depends on the Pharma company and the export country to release the shipment.

Unfortunately you can't trust these Muppets to do anything that involves the non appearance of envelopes stuffed with dosh to fill their accounts.

The total lack of transparency and accountability is just cringingly so sad as totals rise and the people suffer the officials incompetence.

21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In any normal country, certain people would be held accountable for such a vaccine fiasco, and dismissals would be inevitable. 

But here, with his "whatever will be, will be" attitude, things will continue, and things will get progressively worse.

Nothing short of shambolic by this unelected regime.

Well not so bad look at India, false vaccine certificates, people getting scammed to go to certain hospitals in Mumbai, then not knowing what they got jabbed with, bribes flying around to get oxygen, India having trouble manufacturing AZ.

Massive burning sites in car parks, a total mess.

Source India Today, you can watch on IPTV, very much an eye opener channel.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, sandyf said:

Obviously the UK is not a normal country,  the test and trace system is a £37 billion failure and the inevitable dismissals are notable by their absence.

Your so called "vaccine fiasco" pales into insignificance compared to the covid "highlights" in some other countries.

However, the UK vaccination programme is lauded as being one of the fastest and most effective in the world. Mostly due to getting genuine supply agreements for more than 500 million doses; and not a Chinese nor Russian vaccine amongst them. Similar population to Thailand where the figure may be less than 100 million.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51665497

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

So thousands of Thai nationals who live in western countries get western vaccines for free.  But Expats here have limited options.  Amazing Thailand.

Well yes..... what happens 7000 miles each way does not make rules for Thailand's behaviour. It is not only Expats here subjected to limited options, Thais are too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Russell17au said:

So true idiots running Australia as well. Australia placed an order and paid for a shipment of AstraZenica and when it was ready for shipment the EU stopped the order from being exported because they did not have enough AstraZenica for themselves. So it is not that freaking simple. It depends on the Pharma company and the export country to release the shipment.

Australia has done remarkably well in controlling the COVID situation.

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well yes..... what happens 7000 miles each way does not make rules for Thailand's behaviour. It is not only Expats here subjected to limited options, Thais are too.

The UK wouldn't lower itself to Thai levels with petty reciprocity.

True, most of the government and authority figures in the UK are an absolute shambles, but they are still light years ahead of what passes for governance here. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, samtam said:

Well, they may not vote for them, (as they didn't last time), but the outcome will be the same, because "elections" are just for show to the outside world that Thailand is a democracy????????????

A demonacracy.  Big difference.

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

True idiots running this.  Nobody has any clue.  You place an order and pay the bill.  Then you get the delivery.  Its so freaking simple!

Eventually some of these idiots will be hanging from a tree.  Thai people have to much patience with these pathetic bed wetters dressed as Generals.

They have put up with them for centuries and all relatively minor uprisings have been put down pretty quickly.

Not convinced this time will be any different. 

23 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Starting to kinda get the feeling they're not in a rush to get rid of the virus.

From a financial point of view, why should the self elected "PM" need to rush to get rid of the virus? It's not as if he has to rely on votes from the "electorate" to stay in office.

Did the electorate vote for him as "PM" at the "election" about two years ago?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Australia has done remarkably well in controlling the COVID situation.

The UK wouldn't lower itself to Thai levels with petty reciprocity.

True, most of the government and authority figures in the UK are an absolute shambles, but they are still light years ahead of what passes for governance here. 

You are missing the point that I am making. That is that Australia placed an order and paid for it with AstraZenica and when that order was ready the EU stopped it from being exported to Australia which did not allow Australia to meet the timeframe that it had set for vaccinations. Australia had no control over the order after it was placed and paid for. It was all under the control of the pharma company and the country of manufacture. We don't know if the same thing is happening here because Moderna is wanted in every country including the country where it is made.

I do remember that it was stated by Thailand that the first order for Moderna was for 5 million to be delivered in October with another 1 Million to be delivered in December and the other 4 million to be delivered in early 2022

Edited by Russell17au

On 6/24/2021 at 11:18 AM, webfact said:

Dr Withoon said that negotiations with Zuellig Pharma were ongoing and a "Supply Agreement" would be ratified by attorneys in August. 

He stressed that the GPO were not in charge of the import but were acting as the official go between.

The "official" go between, eh? Not to be confused with the unofficial ones that maybe have already magicked away 5 million shots?

Official go between probably means that it's their lawyers that are ratifying this. Move along now, nothing to see here, .

(no bloody vaccines either)

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 10:23 AM, Thaiwrath said:

In any normal country, certain people would be held accountable for such a vaccine fiasco, and dismissals would be inevitable. 

But here, with his "whatever will be, will be" attitude, things will continue, and things will get progressively worse.

And guess who the next PM will be

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bstafford214 said:

Taking the Chinese Sinovac is not worth the risk and now we have the new Covid-19 variant. The efficacy of the Chinese vaccine (Sinovac) is only 51% for preventing symptomatic disease. I will continue to protect myself and mostly stay at home until I can receive a worthy vaccination. Looks like I might be waiting for awhile, maybe next year, 5555.

I didn't go to my appointment for the AZ, they rang on the Friday to confirm Monday's appointment for 7 June, and we said thanks but no thanks.

Walked into Bangkok Hospital two weeks later and paid for Moderna, 3,800 per head for two doses, so 7,600 baht, just have to wait for their call to tell us it has arrived in October and to go in, so if you don't mind paying for it, you have the option of not having to wait till next year.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some troll posts and replies have been removed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rickudon said:

Meanwhile, choice of alternative vaccines is getting more problematic. WHO is critical of numerous procedures at Russian facility.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/06/23/who-finds-production-infringements-at-sputnik-v-manufacturer-a74310

There was also two serious contamination of millions of vaccines in Baltimore. I think the company is Emergent. Unsure.

1 hour ago, kynikoi said:

That's a pretty low bar for westerners that value freedom, democracy and justice.

If you value them so much, why are you here in Thailand?

I have lived and worked in 38 countries during my working life and the only country I have been able to vote to change things. is the UK, my home country.

Nowhere else in the world was I permitted to vote or try to change things.

How about you? Do you think that anything you do or say will affect the way that Thailand is run?

My life is here in Thailand and very little affects that. I have a Thai and son who I care for very much.

From what I read in the news and get from friends is that the UK is not a country that I wish to return to and start a new life at 77 years old.

• Like 2

Another programming masterclass this time from Bangpakok hospital who emailed me today offering Moderna in the 4th quarter at a choice of 5 or 6 venues, all in the Thonburi area. It was an interesting offer as you could book one jab. However, having filled in the short data grab form, went to pay, and found my shopping cart empty. No amount of switching venues made any difference. Nothing in the cart. PASS!

On 6/24/2021 at 10:23 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Before you start criticizing what is happening here have a look around the world and you will see good examples of shambles

In particularly my own country Australia where it’s an embarrassment as they lurch from one farce to another and that’s an advanced developed country.

For what it’s worth myself and several expat friends have received the AstraZeneca vaccine and we were all very impressed with the service provided

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 8:28 PM, Andycoops said:

Anyone who booked an appointment clearly doesn't understand the Thai ability to lie about almost anything.

Or at the very least to trust anything they say.

Corrupt, incompetence.

I booked an appointment on the Mor Prom App and the appointment was for Monday the 7th June. On the Friday just before the appointment date, my wife received a call from the hospital, and they said they were ringing to confirm that I was scheduled for Monday the 7th for the AZ and if I was coming.

We kindly declined, now booked for the Moderna via Bangkok Private Hospital for October, if it arrives and or we haven't been infected with Covid by then.

So I disagree with your comments, although get what your saying for other matters, but a lot of farangs have turned up and been vaccinated, more than the ones that were turned away. 

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I booked an appointment on the Mor Prom App and the appointment was for Monday the 7th June. On the Friday just before the appointment date, my wife received a call from the hospital, and they said they were ringing to confirm that I was scheduled for Monday the 7th for the AZ and if I was coming.

We kindly declined, now booked for the Moderna via Bangkok Private Hospital for October, if it arrives and or we haven't been infected with Covid by then.

So I disagree with your comments, although get what your saying for other matters, but a lot of farangs have turned up and been vaccinated, more than the ones that were turned away. 

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decline the (free) AZ? You could have followed it up with the Moderna later.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decline the (free) AZ? You could have followed it up with the Moderna later.

Too much bad publicity surrounding the AZ vaccine for me to want to have it, that said, I have also had two other vaccinations in May, i.e. the annual influenza vaccine and the Pneumonia booster and wanted to do more research on the vaccines as things are constantly changing, suffice to say the USA has vaccinated 46.2% of it's population with the mRNA vaccines with better results from than rest when it comes to adverse effect/deaths, the later if you believe there to be a coincidence and October is still 4 months away, which should provide me with more time to listen to more data coming in on effectiveness and or official approval of the vaccines.

The above said, we are also exposed to Covid and if we get it and survive it which is a HUGE possibility, we won't need to vaccinate as we will have antibodies to the virus.

I never been a big fan of rushing into things because everyone else is, so it's really an individual decision on what information I have gone through at the time, not convinced that the AZ was for me, right or wrong, it is the decision I made at the time and feel comfortable with making that decision even as it stand today. 

On 6/24/2021 at 10:31 AM, mtls2005 said:

I guess I'm not surprised there is confusion, when isn't there when it comes to anything vaccine-releated here?

I held out some hope for Moderna, but that's been dashed. Maybe a 10% chance at that this year.

Five million was always stated as the first tranche, with another 5 MM due at a later date.

The price, surely a mistake to estimate a price months before delivery, was always suspect.

Appears we're entering "auction" territory on this one.

from 7 June 2021

"An order for 10 million doses will be placed by the Government Pharmaceuticals Organization on their behalf

The vaccine will come in three lots — 4 million doses in October, 1 million early next year and 5 million more later."

Making a deposit and/or paying upfront for medical treatment that "ISN'T ONHAND" should be "EVERYONE'S" clue to being "suspect".