Thailand reports 44 COVID-19 deaths, 3,644 new cases

webfact

I think we are all missing the important and very good news here.  The army just purchased an Airbus C295 transport plane.  I think this is great news.  You dont need vaccines or hospitals or IUI when you have a shiny new Airbus C295.  I hear it comes with chrome hubcaps and a personalised numberplate "DIK"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You know when its time to start panicking when the Anutin says this:

"Public Health Minister gave an assurance the country's public health system will not collapse despite the number of hospital beds and health personnel being at critically low levels amid soaring new Covid-19 cases."

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1408202851499667458

Yes A-Nut-In we know, it's all under control .....................LOL

• Haha 2

I'm not anti-vac, fact is I can hardly wait for my second dose now I've had the first.

But a weird number today: of the 44 new reported dead, all but 4 had some pre-existing condition; at least that's what was reported on the invisible news site. I don't know what this means though: every man for himself?

Some posts in violation of the fair use policy have been edited:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A post and the replies has also been removed for being in violation of the above forum rule.  No more editing will be done.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If Thailand has truly done the number of tests that worldometer states  - 8.129 million, that works out as only about 18-19,000 tests per day.

That is why the numbers of infections continually shows as 2-4k, which considering the number of tests done, is extremely high and worrying !

Tests and new people tested are two different things. Looking at new PUI's shows anywhere from 5-18k people a day. The last few days has been in the 15k range. And once tested can take from 1 day or  more for results to enter the report system. Think that figure on WO relates to people screened, totally different to tested.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

Edited by Petey11
Content and links added.

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

I'm not anti-vac, fact is I can hardly wait for my second dose now I've had the first.

But a weird number today: of the 44 new reported dead, all but 4 had some pre-existing condition; at least that's what was reported on the invisible news site. I don't know what this means though: every man for himself?

Check the list,/paragraph of the underlying health problems in this group. Add to that some cigarette smokers. Pretty straight forward isn't it. Nothing unexpected at all. And most likely that's case with the numbers every day here.            https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/25/recap-thailand-reports-a-total-of-3644-daily-covid-19-infections-with-44-additional-deaths-257103-new-vaccinated-people-reported-nationwide-in-past-24-hours/

Edited by morrobay
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

It means that if you have a pre existing condition, your body and it’s immune system is weaker and Covid is more likely to kill you.

it’s been like that from day 1

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given chunks of Bangkok had run out of hospital beds, so have stopped testing, you have to wonder how many cases we would have been seeing today if they had carried on as usual?

.....and the Government backed newsources are applauding the governments ability to lower the numbers by 500.

I assume with many hospitals no longer testing there missing a few thousand COVID-19 cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Breaking: Thai Prime Minister orders closure of all construction camps in Bangkok, surrounding areas, and Southern border provinces closed for a month. No total Bangkok lockdown. More coming along with the terms and conditions of this closure, etc.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1408378978386145282

Wow, some people like Anutin are going to he upset with the building sites that they have shut down.

• Haha 1

I see he's given plenty of warning so those in the camps can escape into the community first! 

Anyway I fail to see how this is going to do any good, the virus is already in the community and this is just a normal bubble and seal for all camps. I guess however it means there no need to test them so numbers will inevitably go down so he can claim it was a success.

Quite bizarrely it also mentions other measures such as relaxation of restaurants etc my be issued?? Contradictions in measures complete shambles.

Thai PM orders closures of all construction camps in Bangkok and its vicinity and four southern provinces for one month, effective next Monday

High-risk business and activities, particularly all construction camps, in Bangkok and its vicinity and four southern provinces – namely Yala, Pattani, Songkhla, and Narathiwat – were ordered closed for at least one month, which is similar to health measures previously implemented in April 2020.

“More measures will be issued by this weekend and will be announced by Monday, June 28th, which may include the relaxation measures to open restaurants, etc.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/25/thai-pm-orders-closures-of-all-construction-camps-in-bangkok-and-its-vicinity-and-four-southern-provinces-for-one-month-effective-next-monday/

More details on it here:

Construction worker camps in and around Bangkok, deep south closed for a month

The provinces in the vicinity of Bangkok include Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon, while the four southern provinces are Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat and Songkhla.

The measures come amid increasing infections in these areas, especially at worker housing facilities, and a hospital bed shortage.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/construction-worker-camps-in-and-around-bangkok-deep-south-closed-for-a-month/

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, anchadian said:

33 Children and 6 Sitters at Daycare Test Positive for Covid-19

Health officials in central Thailand’s Pathum Thani province have reported at least 33 children aged between three and six years old have tested positive for Covid-19 at a daycare in Thanyaburi district.

The new cluster to hit greater Bangkok was reported at the Rangsit Babies daycare, where six sitters also tested positive. It’s suspected a driver working at the daycare was infected first and the disease spread from him, Dr Apisamai Srirangson, assistant spokeswoman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Thursday.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailand-national-news/news-asia-thailand/33-children-and-6-sitters-at-daycare-test-positive-for-covid-19/

Farang driver ?

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, some people like Anutin are going to he upset with the building sites that they have shut down.

I didn't see where it mentioned shutting down construction sites only the camps.The workers will probably be moved to some other form of accommodation like being crammed into  condo rooms in the area or something similar.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Researchers are finding that the Delta variant seems to be able to infect people who were previously infected with the Covid-19 virus. So if you think you were infected in 2020, you may not have immunity now for the Delta variant.

Yes I've got a runny nose at the moment so I wouldn't be at all surprised if I've got another dose it is a corona virus after all and they have been doing the yearly rounds for eons.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

How Singapore deals with people who test positive for Covid-19

Quarantine usually occurs in the home but can also be served in dedicated Government Quarantine Facilities (GQFs) or hospitals.

hmmmm.. sounds a bit like Thailand.

When does quarantine usually occur in the home in Thailand?The QO's are for people returning from Hubei Province in China and for people without stable home accommodation which is another word for homeless so doesn't sound a bit like Thailand not even a little bit.

34 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I didn't see where it mentioned shutting down construction sites only the camps.The workers will probably be moved to some other form of accommodation like being crammed into  condo rooms in the area or something similar.

I've just read the article about the closing of construction sites so that kind of makes a mockery of my post.Sorry about that I'll try to be a little more up to date.