Thailand reports 4,161 new COVID-19 cases, 51 more deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

If the delta variant gets a hold here they will be unlikely to be able to cope with the case load in hospitals. 
it’s truly scary how fast that variant can spread. 

Or how it can infect those who had an earlier strain of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Artifact 3.69

its not looking good.  Without putting some strict measures in place we will only see further daily increase in case numbers. 

I suspect that the sharp rises and sharp drops in case numbers that occur each day are artifacts of lab processing, but it’s not very reassuring because the underlying trend is very bad. 

• Like 1

Chonburi orders temporary closure of several construction workers camps in Banglamung following Covid-19 clusters

Owners, operators, workers, and other people involved must strictly follow the order. Relevant agencies and officials will assist those who have been temporarily stopped from working and quarantined, regardless of their Covid-19 status.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/25/chonburi-orders-temporary-closure-of-several-construction-workers-camps-in-banglamung-following-covid-19-clusters/

• Like 1

A post using a trolling reference to the PM has been removed:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Please use the correct names of the people when posting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

A villager from up our way was working in Bangkok and, suspecting he had Covid, tried to get a test at a number of hospitals but could not get one. 

He took it upon himself to drive back up north to Sakon Nakhon and reported straight to the hospital there, where he was tested and admitted straight away. 

Fortunately he knew rules and took all the right precautions and importantly, he did not come home to the village. 

From what we have heard from his family, he said the hospitals in Bangkok were all under pressure and simply didn't want to know him!

I've heard similar experiences, very difficult to get a test in Bkk. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I have been told some places in Isaan are now requiring RT-PCR tests from visitors from red zones. And quarantine.

That's been true here for many weeks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What would you suggest?

I have no idea, hence my question. I generally fit into the "lockdown sceptic" group, so I really only see mass vaccination as the solution. But unfortunately Thailand has not done, and is not doing, so well with that.