Thailand reports 44 COVID-19 deaths, 3,644 new cases

webfact

COVID25.jpg

File photo//REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Friday (June 25) reported 3,644 new COVID-19 cases and 44 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 3,482 new infections
● 162 prison / prison infections

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 236,291 with 1,819 deaths.
(Total infections since April 1: 207,428)

The news comes as Thailand's food and drug administration on Thursday announced it had approved the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for emergency use. Thailand has ordered 20 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine and expects to receive it by the end of the year.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-25

The BP have reported that over 33 children between 3 and 6 yrs old have tested positive for Covid-19 at a children's home in Pathum

Edited by anchadian
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I assume they are trying to stop prostitution because it might launch Covid into the local population.

More likely the other way round if tourists are fully vaccinated with a reputable vaccine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think it’s ok if you are both farang, but not if one of you is thai.

I assume they are trying to stop prostitution because it might launch Covid into the local population.

no fraternizing with the enemy!

Could lend credibility to the accusations that this government is using the COVID crisis to break the back of the sex-tourism industry.

• Like 1

Just now, Phuketshrew said:

More likely the other way round if tourists are fully vaccinated with a reputable vaccine.

I agree.

But the government seems to feel it’s the other way round. Plenty of test kits  to give to tourists, but not so much for Thai’s. It’s the dirty farang syndrome in overdrive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

The BP have reported that over 33 children between 3 and 6 yrs old have tested positive for Covid-19 at a children's home in Pathum

33 Children and 6 Sitters at Daycare Test Positive for Covid-19

Health officials in central Thailand’s Pathum Thani province have reported at least 33 children aged between three and six years old have tested positive for Covid-19 at a daycare in Thanyaburi district.

The new cluster to hit greater Bangkok was reported at the Rangsit Babies daycare, where six sitters also tested positive. It’s suspected a driver working at the daycare was infected first and the disease spread from him, Dr Apisamai Srirangson, assistant spokeswoman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Thursday.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailand-national-news/news-asia-thailand/33-children-and-6-sitters-at-daycare-test-positive-for-covid-19/

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

I think that is a given and very soon - they base it on 

- infection rates 

- lack of testing 

- vaccine rollout

- variant spread 

Thailand ticks all the boxes for going red

I would assume other countries use a similar assessment 

So for those genuine tourists that are coming to Phuket for a few weeks holiday and need to go home and get back to work they will face 2 things if Thailand drops to the Red

- forced quaratine in a hotel with a hefty bill £1600 per person

- unable to work for at least a futher 2 weeks

Government advise is still to avoid overseas travel so they have only themselves to blame

I think if the UK assessed Thailand as Red most other western countries would follow 

• Like 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Yup, 4 or 5 tests in 2 weeks for falang tourist, zero available for anyone else in the country

Just read that there will be 7 testing centers provided around the Island and the cost is 2,800 baht each test, the result has then got to be sent directly to the command center

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

On and on it goes, with no end in sight.

Mismanagement and poor governance on an epic scale. 

How does one prevent humans from the desire and need to always want to be around and inteacting with each other knowing that the virus spreads by this interaction.

• Like 1