Cheapest Covid Insurance For Re-entering Thailand

Hi,

I plan to do a short visit to the UK.

As I have a 1 year Non-O Guardian Visa I need 1 year Covid Insurance to re-enter Thailand/obtain COE.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend the cheapest policy available which complies with the Thai Immigration minimum US$100,000 coverage as the prices I've seen so far are very high.

Thanks.

The covid 19 insurance only needs to be valid for your length of stay.

I assume you have a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa). Your length of stay will be to the day your extension ends.

Not sure what type of extension of stay you have since there is not visa or extension of stay issued for being a guardian.

They are issued for being a parent or for a being a family member of a person on a extension of stay.

Look here for the covid insurance.  https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

• Thanks 1

Hi Ubon Joe,

My 12 month extension has just been renewed and it expires in May next year and hence the requirement for 12 months of coverage - which makes the policy more expensive.

I confirm that I am her father and hence the 12 month extension. I always thought that it was called a Guardian Visa?

4 minutes ago, Siamesepiggster said:

I always thought that it was called a Guardian Visa?

In the immigration order for extension of stay (not a visa) it states the reason is for being a father.

A parent cannot be a guardian if you look up the definition of it.

image.png.aeb36c475fec7a92cc9153560190aa52.png

13 minutes ago, Siamesepiggster said:

They are by far the most expensive I have found so far. 40,176 Baht for 12 months coverage!

What's the cheapest you've found (and will they cover you if dragged off to hospital when asymptomatic?).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The insurance I posted a link for is a little over 23k baht for a year. 

And it covers hospitalization for a asymptomatic case.

Joe, I think I quoted the same link as you. As a Thai visa legend and help to me over many years please accept my apologies. I will shut up and stay off this link.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Joe, I think I quoted the same link as you. As a Thai visa legend and help to me over many years please accept my apologies. I will shut up and stay off this link.

I used the link that the one you posted has a link for on the site.

if you live  in the USA this might help.....i live in the USA and asked my health insurance to write me a letter stating that they will cover me for $100,000 and cover me for covid expenses and ...all the other  details Thailand requires. it SHOULD satisfy Thailand as it covers all the requirements Thailand requires but since the insurance requirement is a money scam I dont know.  I will know for sure once I apply (if ever i do) for the COE

7 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

I am 70 and I was quote at 92,000 BHT this year and 120,000 BHT next year when I am 71...  How the average foreigner in Pattaya, mostly my age, can continue to stay there?

You do not need covid 19 insurance unless you need it for entry to the country. The covid insurance offered by the TGIA site does not ask for your age to get the cost. 

If extending a OA visa entry it may be needed later.

Stupid question maybe: suppose you re-enter on NON-O and re-entry permit  with COE early July and and your extension expires October 1st so you buy sufficient insurance coverage (3 months) till this date. But then what happens on Oct. 1st? Do you have to buy coverage for one year then or is the requirement dropped?

• Like 1

i have an ext to a 60 day,2nd time,im off in 2 mnths to europe,i will have both jabs by the time i return and i dont want to return for long either.im done with this dump.so being fully vaccinated means ins isnt necessary i take it??that makes sense but this place doesnt so i thought id ask.the infos so confusing.

13 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

Stupid question maybe: suppose you re-enter on NON-O and re-entry permit  with COE early July and and your extension expires October 1st so you buy sufficient insurance coverage (3 months) till this date. But then what happens on Oct. 1st? Do you have to buy coverage for one year then or is the requirement dropped?

Covid 19 insurance is not required to apply for a extension of stay application in your case. You only need 3 months of insurance for your entry.

It will only be required for a those that are extending a Non-OA visa entry for retirement when the rules go into effect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aarin said:

I think you have a Dependants visa because you have a Thai child that you support. If you only gping to. Uk for one month then just take out a year Covid Insurance..Take it out in Uk

Why? 

The covid 19 insurance is only required the length of stay he will get when he enters the country.

So will people living here with retirement visas,  have to get US100k covid cover to renew their visas and will all be insurable despite age and medical history?if not,  I read of an alternative for those refused, to get a 'rejection certficate'(!!) and keep 3m baht in the bank .  If no 3m get thrown out?? at that age and in that condition? 

Or is all this just in ther 'lets throw it out there and see what pushback/input we get' stage?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beau thai said:

So will people living here with retirement visas,  have to get US100k covid cover to renew their visas and will all be insurable despite age and medical history?

Only if they have a OA visa or the extension of their permit to stay from one based upon retirement. But that is not in effect yet.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if they have a OA visa or the extension of their permit to stay from one based upon retirement. But that is not in effect yet.

Thanks Joe, hopefully commonsense will prevail before implementation but T i T

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why? 

The covid 19 insurance is only required the length of stay he will get when he enters the country.

My question is which country is the least expensive to return from. The cost  could be a six month version if permit to stay remains at less than six moths.

18 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My question is which country is the least expensive to return from. The cost  could be a six month version if permit to stay remains at less than six moths.

You could look at this site and enter different countries to find out the cost of the insurance.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Just selected a few countries and it appears it is a high of 12,160 baht to a low of 7,680 for 6 months.

• Like 2