First Covid shot

KarenBravo

50 minutes ago, PST said:

Copies of your visa and passport were required and mentioned on the check list of things to bring when you made your appointment. Mine were looked at at every stage of the process, but not 'checked' as such.

Yes, I know. That's why I brought the requested photocopies.

I tried to give them over, but was told that they didn't want them.

This was at the Karon Orchid.

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

That's strange, everyone i know who went to Karon Orchid, myself included took photocopies and they were all taken from them. There was even one person next to me who was told to get his passport photocopied as he hadn't done it. Seems there was no consistency.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PST said:

That's strange, everyone i know who went to Karon Orchid, myself included took photocopies and they were all taken from them. There was even one person next to me who was told to get his passport photocopied as he hadn't done it. Seems there was no consistency.

A lot of consternation about two sheets of paper.  I was asked to bring them.  I brought them.  They were taken from me.

Ok, it's very easy for me to copy things as I have a printer/scanner/copier at home, but we're only talking about two sheets of paper.  If the vaccination center doesn't take them you can always use them at immigration when you do your next extension.  ????

• Like 1

Just now, KarenBravo said:

The other surprise was on the 2nd floor.

Nobody asked me for my address.

There seemed to be no interest in one's address.  Aside from inputting it into the phuket.win site to get registered, and filling it in on the patient form and consent form at the center, I was never asked to prove my address (which I could have done with a pink ID card, yellow house registration book, TM-30 stapled into my passport, driver's license etc.).  My guess is it was checked behind the scenes when you registered at the phuket.win site (by accessing your immigration records) or more likely not really checked at all.

13 minutes ago, skatewash said:

A lot of consternation about two sheets of paper.  I was asked to bring them.  I brought them.  They were taken from me.

Ok, it's very easy for me to copy things as I have a printer/scanner/copier at home, but we're only talking about two sheets of paper.  If the vaccination center doesn't take them you can always use them at immigration when you do your next extension.  ????

Yes, that's what i did. I had left over copies from my last extension. Seems some people didn't copy theirs, and some people did and they weren't needed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

As usual , I'm sure you know. Same IO , requesting ( demanding ) Xtra copies of different Documents, never asked for before, going back the next day they don't want them....

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why don't they do the vaccinations  outdoors?

Rainy season?

Lots of computers for data entry?

Nice, large comfortable room with air-con (for the computers of course).

Getting their money's worth from the hotel?

No large space outside?

Probably a few I've missed.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

In Karon. I brought copies of passport and consent form. They kept all of it. Just returned with the the next appointment piece of paper. Maybe checking off-site. 

By the way I will be checking the next appointment date on their website to ensure that it does not change. Currently showing a 12-week period. They were talking about reducing the time  between shots to 10 weeks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Antifreeze said:

In Karon. I brought copies of passport and consent form. They kept all of it. Just returned with the the next appointment piece of paper. Maybe checking off-site. 

By the way I will be checking the next appointment date on their website to ensure that it does not change. Currently showing a 12-week period. They were talking about reducing the time  between shots to 10 weeks. 

Good idea on checking the next appointment date.  If supplies of AstraZeneca allow I wouldn't be surprised to see the time between shots, currently 12 weeks, reduced to 10 or even 8.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Antifreeze said:

Yes, i think at present everyone has a date, but no time for their second jab. The lady speaking on the microphone said people would receive an sms with the appointment time, but that never happened ( at least for me) for the first appointment, so i think the time should be available via Phuketwin website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PST said:

Yes, i think at present everyone has a date, but no time for their second jab. The lady speaking on the microphone said people would receive an sms with the appointment time, but that never happened ( at least for me) for the first appointment, so i think the time should be available via Phuketwin website.

I was told by one of the staff to come on the date shown on the ticket at the same appointment time I booked for the first shot.

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

I was told by one of the staff to come on the date shown on the ticket at the same appointment time I booked for the first shot.

That advice would agree with the vaccination time I see now on the phuket.win site in my case.

16 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Again, no consistency. I was told sms, but actually you can check on Phuketwin which was not mentioned.

3 hours ago, PST said:

Yeah they took my papers at Karon at the blood pressure test station, they were stapled to the papers they added and returned to me, then used at the station were they recorded details onto a PC, they were kept at the 2nd last station before the needle.

Screenshot_2021-06-27-11-32-53-78.jpg

Edited by beechbum
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Deli said:

Just watched a documentary on BBC that they set up more than a 100 pop up vaccination centers in the UK where poeple just can show up to get the jab. They have the choice betweem AZ, Pfizer and Moderna. Thailand, do you hear me ?

Its common knowledge that the G7 and most wealthy countries in the world monopolized on the high efficacy vaccines, and the rest of the world will only receive such high efficacy vaccines AFTER those wealthy countries get their jabs first.  Its common wealthy get served first.

Didn't you know that ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Its common knowledge that the G7 and most wealthy countries in the world monopolized on the high efficacy vaccines, and the rest of the world will only receive such high efficacy vaccines AFTER those wealthy countries get their jabs first.  Its common wealthy get served first.

Didn't you know that ?

Looking after their own resident population first would also explain it.

Do you have any links to what you are saying?

12 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Looking after their own resident population first would also explain it.

Less than 10% of Thailand's population have received a 1st jab ... so I struggle a bit to understand how that explains it.  I am not Thai, and I was very fortunate for Thailand to pay for my jab earlier this week.  I think other factors are involved than Thai only first (although clearly that must be a consideration for tax paying Thai citizens).

If you surf on this, and read which countries have obtained Moderna and Pfizer, and look at which countries have other vaccines, in the most part (and not small isolated amounts) this should be evident. There are press articles on this, but IMHO its a 'politically sensitive topic' that most press don't want to touch - at least not touch until AFTER they all get their vaccine shots .

Here is a sample article, that touches on this (note " G7 countries have purchased over a third of the world's vaccine supply, despite making up only 13% of the global population." ) , and if you look, you will find other articles - but you must look for such:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-55795297

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Some more articles:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2021/05/11/vaccine-equitydeveloping-countries-need-our-help/?sh=2f58516a3ec8

and

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4809

... and

https://news.trust.org/item/20201126105058-qbp9c/

there are so many different articles on this ...

Edited by oldcpu

34 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Didn't you know that ?

My real answer would be censored or be risky. There's is money, just in the wrong place.

20 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

If you have had one jab, you go to Chalong hospital and they will give you an official paper that allows you to travel within Thailand so you don't have to quarantine when you come back to Phuket.

After two jabs, you go to Chalong hospital where they will give you the same piece of paper recording both jabs. These papers are only valid in Thailand.

Once you have your paper showing that you've had two jabs, you have to swap this paper at Suvarnabumi airport where you will be given a world recognized certificate that you can show in other countries.

There is no sticker in your passport. Don't know how that rumour got started, or if it was changed.

I'm not thai and I have two stickers on my passport. One for each jab both given in phuket. 

5 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Stickers on your passport?

Anything elaboration about that would be appreciated.

On the back cover (outside), same stickers given to thai ID cards at the time I was injected . One red sticker and one green. Also got the certificate mentioned 

Edited by swbaggies
  • Thanks 1