3.5 Million Baht for a condo

Trac

I personally liked the Astra next door to the Shangri'La hotel, but these days the landscape of businesses that are still open has changed considerably, especially on the east side of the old town.  I don't think I'd want to stay over there anymore, as the night bazaar was struggling to stay alive even before covid.

Really depends what kind of lifestyle you are looking for.  If you want to walk everywhere or catch a red songthaew, possibly Hillside 4 or Nimman area just beyond the moat would suffice.  Condos aren't very expensive in Chiang Mai, you should have a decent selection.  I'd recommend Perfect Homes Chiang Mai to help you in your search, my Thai wife used them to rent a condo for a couple months while in Chiang Mai and they were honest, helpful and responsive.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I know Facebook are for teenagers,  but join a few Chiang Mai real-estate group and post your offer there.

Maybe a seller with the perfect unit is sitting 5,000 miles from Chiang Mai.

With 23k members, you get better exposure in FB groups. 

Screenshot_20210627-055640_Facebook.jpg

Actually Facebook is for old people these days, youngens prefer Instagram.

As for buying at 63 it's borderline worthwhile, maybe 15 years for payback so 78yo, time to sell it and rent. It is nice to have your own place though you can change as you want, just take your time to find the right place. If in doubt leave it out

• Like 1

Thanks for SOOO much advice!

@NancyL: Will you tell me the condo project you live in, and you like?

Anybody else living in D-Condo Ping and can recommend it?

Is it the regular thing to get 30% discount from the price, first asked?

If these Baht were allt he money, I have, i would agree with you.

And my question istn buy or rent. Its just what to buy, after the decision is fallen already.

Edited by Trac

17 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I know Facebook are for teenagers

This made me laugh. No self-respecting teenager would be caught using Facebook.

The current platform of choice is TikTok. Facebook is for the 40+ crowd in the west. Thailand is a little behind, but not that much.

That being said, FB is a good resource to reach the older demographic that sells condos.

Edited by Thaibeach
sp
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Trac said:

Is it the regular thing to get 30% discount from the price, first asked?

Sincere appology,s for the late reply.

Yes, you would be a mug  if  u did,nt, personally i would throw a low curve ball of 50 % Discount, as starter,s to the Seller, and  let the barter begin,

Presently their are loads of Lemons,in your price range largely due  to a massive over supply, and very sadly Cmai has lost it,s golden shine for many reason,s ,not to mention the Covid Virus ,which is here now, and IMO for sometime  too,

Again,  you hold all the Ace,s,  importantly play hardball with your Agent and Seller ,as you have the Dough Ray Me ,not a lot around thease  days  in Cmai????