Thailand announces new restrictions in Bangkok, other provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Again no dine in in the restaurants but they can have a party with up to 20 people ?? A lot of smaller restaurants don't even have 20 customers in at 1 time so what's the difference . I think the time for those stupid half wit solutions has passed , it's close everything for at least a month or just let it go and ride the storm until there are enough vaccines. I know it will not happen but the time for those in charge to leave has come for a while already . Mr P and Mr A in my mind hope those clusters will stay so there won't be any mobs because i think they know(not sure because they are to dumb to know the front from the back)that as soon as the virus is taken to a halt , that there will be big mobs happening because more and more people are getting fed up with them . They don't want to say it now but when there can be gatherings they will go out and protest for sure . 

I just wonder if they are seeing a very different set of figures from the ones we see.......and they are starting to panic!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

I just wonder if they are seeing a very different set of figures from the ones we see.......and they are starting to panic!!!

You can count on it that they see other figures then us , becaise they are living in  a totally different world . One might say none existing . And i don't think they even know what panic is becaise they should have been panicing and starting to order vaccines about a year ago and they didn't . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

About 45% of the US is now vaccinated, and so everywhere's reopening. 

In UK almost 60% are fully vaccinated and the cases are rising........ almost 20.000 a day despite of sufficient supply of vaccines (no China stuff of course) Delta says Hello, mainly because Boris let 2400 people into UK though tested positive. "Unfortunately" they left faked adresses about their accomodation of being quarantied. ????

The rise in cases might be treu , but hospitalizations aren't that high anymore . Even if the whole world is vaccinated you will still see infected same as when people have the flu . They will have symptoms but will not have to go in the hospital anymore or die . Covid is here to stay it will not dissapere intirely .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Very weak considering the situation.  Will mostly do much of nothing.

So Bangkokians will be flocking to Pattaya for one month and spreading the virus around a bit more ??  They need to restrict the interprovincial travel for any hope of reducing and stopping the spread of Covid further .

When the daily figures are announced they never categorize just which variant is found in the new cases . The Delta variant will be the prominent one in Europe by August but we don't get the information to understand which variants are present and spreading ??

Is the government too afraid to publish for fear of panic ?? 

1 minute ago, Jen65 said:

So Bangkokians will be flocking to Pattaya for one month and spreading the virus around a bit more ??  They need to restrict the interprovincial travel for any hope of reducing and stopping the spread of Covid further .

When the daily figures are announced they never categorize just which variant is found in the new cases . The Delta variant will be the prominent one in Europe by August but we don't get the information to understand which variants are present and spreading ??

Is the government too afraid to publish for fear of panic ?? 

I don't think the main reason Bangkokians go to Pattaya is to eat in a restaurant!  The waterparks, attractions like Nong Nooch and the beaches are the attraction for families.  Rayong, Ban Chang and Hua Hin too.   

50 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Now the spread of vaccinations in the US has dropped almost to a trickle.  In about 15 of the 50 states there is a 70% vaccinated populace whereas in the rest, some only have around 15-20% and those don't seem to want to get vaccinated.  Thus some vaccines must be getting close to being outdated and useless so they should be shipping those overseas.  Thailand has indicated that they have

ordered some of the US vaccines but that they won't arrive until the end of this year (maybe).  I am more than willing to pay for my and my family jabs in Chiang Mai but the Hospital still has not

vaccines available.  I noted that yesterday there was a report of 2 people vaccinated with the

Chinese vaccine are now infected with the virus.  As a note, if you have been following the US

news about the collapsed building, there were many from S. America, some that had come to the

US just to get vaccinated, now they seem to be lost.  I only go out to get food/water, wear my mask

all the time when out of the house, wash my hands often when outside, am healthy and my family

follows the same practices so hopefully we can avoid the virus until such time that we can get needled.  Just hope the variant D+ doesn't zoom into Thailand.  Hope all stay safe and survive this pandemic in a sane manner, unlike some of the news stories.

My nephew and his wife live in north east Scotland, both were double jabbed with AZ and both got covid, had to self isolate for 10 days but didn't suffer much in the way of symptoms. There was a bit of concern initially as my nephew had not long finished chemo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jiggo said:

I firmly belive Aliens are behind all this covid fiasco, causing alarm and despondency on planet Earth, ready to invade, better watch out those who have taken the vaccine, you will turn into serversive alien lifeforms soon, with the rest of us living underground.????????????

haha I believe they are in charge of the eliminating "genders" and even their pronouns, and of course the masks.
They figured out how to look human but couldn't get the mouth right...so they made it normal to wear masks everywhere.

Prior to this, in US if you covered your face going into a business you would be booted as suspicious of purpose to commit felony,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's another look at the same issue. At this point, Thailand needs to be vaccinating more than 500,000 people every single day, weekends included, in order to meet their own 70% goal by the year's end.

This is exactly why the process will fail and it will drag on well into next year.

By this time next year things should be more normal, there's no way any government official will come out and say this though as it won't be popular.

4 hours ago, konaboy said:

This is crazy! I just booked a hotel in BKK for Monday-Wed.

I live in Pathum Thani . Can I even go to BKK?

BTW-where are the vaccines?

a problem with vaccines is that the government is fighting against the needs of other countries.  No one mandated that Thais would get the Thai AZ before it is sold to other countries.

The government wants to use Sino so that they can get a cheaper med and make points with china.

As to trvel to and from Bkk from PT.  Both are the same colour and the BTS starts at PT now.  GF works in bkk and travels daily no issues.

LOL also there are too many side roads and streets that they could not close PT and bkk

2 hours ago, vinci said:

if you let free market getting the vaccine most people would already been vaccinated

It would certainly help but you have to remember something here, vaccinating people is not the priority - the bureaucracy is the priority.

So long as all forms are filled out, rubber stamped (many times ???????? )and all the paperwork is in order everything's fine, if it takes 2 or 3 times longer than any other country on earth then they don't seem to have a problem with that.

A country gets the government it deserves.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

US states that led the opening and re-oppening charge are the least vaxed states.  They did it before vax even rolled out.  Vax have very little to do with it.

The US hasn't seen the last of COVID, mark my words on this - there will be more widespread outbreaks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, tonray said:

Wow...that easing didn't last long

Should never have been eased in Bangkok in the first place. It really should be locked down for 2 weeks and then the possibility is we will see the case numbers reduce. 

• Like 2