Phuket’s Message To The World “Welcome Back Home” Echoes Its X Factor – Its People

webfact

9 hours ago, poskat said:

funny how desperation can turn previously competing groups into best friends

but are they desperate enough to focus on the novel idea of providing a quality experience for tourists rather than the tried and true principle of squeeze every baht out of them?

Probably because it's just slick TAT marketing which, like the past, has absolutely basis in reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Are they letting in tourists from India and the UK where Delta virus is rife????

Yup from the UK as long as they have had both shots just been published by the Thai embassy in London

4 hours ago, connda said:

Probably because it's just slick TAT marketing which, like the past, has absolutely basis in reality.

No, this is nothing but marketing from big hotel chains, claiming to be the voice of Phuket tourism.

Forget the thousands of small hotels, guesthouses and other businesse who will see little or no benefit from the sandbox. Who knows when they'll be permitted to receive guests?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Has 100 percent of Phuket had at least 1 shot of their vaccines? Has the island population of 70 percent had 2 shots

of a vaccine?  I have not heard of any vaccines that are being given to any child under 12 years old, and be sure that

they can be COVID carriers as well as any teen or adult.    It is one thing to be desperate  and quite another to not care

if the virus is being spread about.    I will not be a guinea pig for any of the early sand boxes of any kind that the great

government of Thailand is offering, and backed up by loyal TAT.  I think I will wait a year and see just how successful the

Winter of 2021, 2022 if for Thailand, before I take a chance on travelling over there to be part of the Winter crowd.

Good Luck

Geezer

• Like 1

Question: Do tourists in this scheme who test positive and are asymptomatic, making them a "case" end up at one of those "hospitels" potentially holding "mild cases" patients? Or do they get sent for a full obligatory two week stay in a hospital?

• Like 2