Food Lineups in Pattaya

Banana7

On 6/28/2021 at 12:39 AM, Surelynot said:

Not a good look if the expats start queuing for free food.........

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 08.37.58.jpg

Not are you supposed to do when you lost your job in Thailand? The poor dude is rail thin for an expat. 555

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:42 AM, BritManToo said:

I think it's nice people are feeding the hungry.

Does it really matter who they are, or what their motives are, or if they get a bit of publicity out of it?

I agree, and I have no problem supporting the businesses that give back to the community in these dire times with my custom.   

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 4:35 PM, Bluespunk said:

Nope. 

Many Thais are generous to a fault and will help those in need.

Neo liberal free market cut throat capitalists-nah, not so much...

I believe in free markets and capitalism. I also believe in helping people who are in need.

Greedy bastards are greedy bastards, whichever political or economic creed they espouse.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 1:41 AM, Ron jeremy said:

Couldn’t imagine a woman servicing this gem!

who said it was easy money?????

HaHaHa = 5 minutes, 5 centimetres, 5 thousand! As related to me by a certain young lady - although she was talking about a group of Japanese who had just wondered past with their tongues hanging out. 

And no, I didn't. She was a friend, and is now happily married with a baby, to a German guy in his 40s and living in Germany. If I had been there I would have danced at her wedding!

19 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I believe in free markets and capitalism. I also believe in helping people who are in need.

Greedy bastards are greedy bastards, whichever political or economic creed they espouse.

To a certain extent I’d agree but which economic creed would you say has the greater amount of greedy bastards amongst their number?

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

To a certain extent I’d agree but which economic creed would you say has the greater amount of greedy bastards amongst their number?

Oh almost certainly free market capitalism. There again it also has the greater number of philanthropists amongst it's number. It is after all by far the dominant system, both in terms of wealth and population, on the face of the planet.

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Welcome to Prayut land sandboxers ????

16249595940507433348609076500301.jpg

In my opinion, his government's handling of Thailand's covid crisis will increase the protestors against him, and his government, post covid.  They were just too mean to open up the cheque book for providing financial assistance to those unemployed due to covid.  Shame on the Thai government.  

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

5 minutes, 5 centimetres, 5 thousand! As related to me by a certain young lady - although she was talking about a group of Japanese

Indeed. I've often heard this said of the infamous Thermae coffee shop on Sukhumvit, its 20-something office ladies doing their side hustle, and their Asian punters with baht to burn.

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

They were just too mean to open up the cheque book for providing financial assistance to those unemployed due to covid.   

I can't understand why there is not more made of the military hardware they have been buying over this period.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, Banana7 said:

But are the super rich billionaire Thais of CP foods and Thaibev and MK restaurants and others providing any charity to their hungry fellow countrymen? None of them were found on Pattaya beach on Sunday helping to feed the hungry people.

Did you expect the "super rich billionaire Thais" to be on the beach with a banner, handing out food? How do you know they didn't contribute? The best charity is the charity unannounced.

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I can't understand why there is not more made of the military hardware they have been buying over this period.

Those contracts were signed well before covid.  I would think they still have to be honoured.  

Up here in Chiang Mai , they have been giving away tons of vegetables, eggs,

rice, fruit, don't know who are organising it, 3 or 4 times in different parts of

Chiang Mai, and people sure need help.

regards worgeordie

• Confused 1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:51 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Indeed. I've often heard this said of the infamous Thermae coffee shop on Sukhumvit, its 20-something office ladies doing their side hustle, and their Asian punters with baht to burn.

Used to be song, song, song; 2 minutes, 2 inches and 2,000thb.

Inflation huh?

Just now, DerbyDan said:

that's the fatman!

he orders german snausage and kraut for breakfast and his date orders a water

they enjoy a silent meal together, except for a few grunts and snorts.

Hahaha.....just plucked it at random from Google