No Covid-19 Vaccine for Foreigners in Pattaya

Banana7

As they're asking for the house book, does that mean that they are limiting vaccinations to those Thais who are officially registered in Pattaya?

It's a strange requirement either way. Even with only the Thai ID card, they'd get to see the registered residential address.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

As they're asking for the house book, does that mean that they are limiting vaccinations to those Thais who are officially registered in Pattaya?

It's a strange requirement either way. Even with only the Thai ID card, they'd get to see the registered residential address.

Seems so, a thai friend of mine thinks she can't register because she doesn't have a house book even though she's rented here for years. Usual Thai logic for these vaccines

Not everywhere's the same. The GF's got a vaccine appointment in Laem Chabang in early August. She lives in Laem Chabang, but is registered in the house book in her home town of Lom Sak in Petchabun. It seems the authorities in Laem Chabang are being more sensible about things than they are in Pattaya. Now why doesn't that surprise me, sigh.

Edited by Guderian

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just so you know, Thai people too, who are not registered in any local blue can't get vaccinated either in Pattaya...

Thailand for Thais; Pattaya for locals. Everyone else ****-off.
Public health crisis?  ????  Right!

I'm hoping this vaccine fiasco continues at least until my next visa extension.  I want to sit back and see how all the "takers" fare health-wise over the next two years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I was told by the Or Bor Tor that foreigners cannot be registered in the blue book.

That's what I said!   Thais BLUE, falangs YELLOW.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Caldera said:

It would appear to be that way... quite shortsighted. My Mrs who has lived here with me for decades does not qualify. She was able to register at the local village office, but we have heard no more. 

21 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

We are close to the day, when every thread on this forum, is about Expats not getting vaccinations.

Well it is relevant to those here and there's not exactly a lot going on. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Caldera said:

Yes, that's what the small blue and red print under the picture of the vaccine vial says: "Only for those inscribed in a house registration in the district of Pattaya City." 

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:55 PM, ezzra said:

Just so you know, Thai people too, who are not registered in any local blue can't get vaccinated either in Pattaya...

That is the way it was when I went for the free flu jab at Chonburi general hospital, it was a question of where you lived rather than nationality. Thais that lived outside the hospital area were turned away, but I got the jab.

It was something to do with vaccine allocations.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Seems so, a thai friend of mine thinks she can't register because she doesn't have a house book even though she's rented here for years. Usual Thai logic for these vaccines

farangs renting property can have a yellow book and Thai id card .Thai people renting can be entered in the house book also .Snag is you would need the cooperation of the property owner

39 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

yes, foreigner must HOLD a blue book, if Property Owner but you cannot record your name in it so cannot be used to obtain the pink ID, the subject at hand here......

The blue book is used to obtain the yellow book house book which does include  the name of the foreigner who can then obtain the pink id card.

10 minutes ago, jippytum said:

The title is not correct if foreigners with Yellow book and pink ID are eligible for the vaccine.

Sorry i should have checked first .City hall confirm foreigner with yellow book and pink id can not be vaccinated at the beach road location .A booking must be obtained via the government website  .