Certificate Of Entry - Problems

Hi,

I'm a 55 year old Brit living in Thailand. I am trying to submit the Certificate Of Entry (COE) online application form so that I can visit the UK for a few weeks.

I have completed all the necessary fields in the COE online application form, however when I click "Submit" it says that I have left the "Vaccination Details" field blank and that they must be filled in.

One of the main reasons to go to the UK is to get the two vaccines as I can't get them here!

There is no option in the drop down menu of the COE application form to enter "None" or leave it blank. 

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

COE Application Form.jpg

• Confused 1

1) I'm not going to leave until I know that I can get back in. I have been living here 22 years.

2) One of my friends went to the UK last week and got a COE before she left. She would not have left without having one. She has had no vaccines to date. Her employer filled her form in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Given the ever changing situation there is no guarantees regarding international travel at this time.

Contact the Embassy in London (as vaccines aren't a requirement to date it's an atypical glitch in the site).

I HAD THE same problem, it took me two hours to resolve it.

what you need to do is to press the arrow (upload sign) on the attached form.

than it wil start the upload process.

you will see a green line filling up, when it is full it is over.

also, in my case the system did not accept photo files (JPG / PNG) -only PDF (the

original form of the vaccination certificate)

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Siamesepiggster said:

I had no problem uploading all my documents and used the small upload icon that you mentioned.

It's just that it kept asking for me to upload vaccination documents which I don't have.

I was able to upload both jpeg and pdf's.

op… glad you got it sorted.

We’re you applying for a CoE based on Phuket Sandbox return (requiring vaccination details) or a regular CoE return with ASQ ??  (i.e. BKK ASQ) 

If the latter, as you mentioned, the glitch may have been fixed (Thailand doesn’t do QC testing, you were the beta tester !!!) 

• Haha 1

I started the request for COE at embassy in Ankara, Turkey last Tuesday.

Talk about a pain in the nether regions.  They started approving wife and kids before I finished uploading for all of us.  Went back and forth on mine until approved this afternoon.  Made me buy the covid insurance before pre-approval even though specifically states not needed until uploading flight/hotel.

But it is done now so all is good, I guess........

28 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

I started the request for COE at embassy in Ankara, Turkey last Tuesday.

Talk about a pain in the nether regions.  They started approving wife and kids before I finished uploading for all of us.  Went back and forth on mine until approved this afternoon.  Made me buy the covid insurance before pre-approval even though specifically states not needed until uploading flight/hotel.

But it is done now so all is good, I guess........

The Certificate of Cover for complications arising from Covid-19 (up to or more than US$100,000 or equivalent) has always been a requirement for Pre-Approval (i.e. at the first stage along with PP copy, visa, & marriage cert etc).

The ASQ hotel booking & Flight booking are the requirement for final authorization before a CoE is issued. 

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I HAD THE same problem, it took me two hours to resolve it.

what you need to do is to press the arrow (upload sign) on the attached form.

than it wil start the upload process.

you will see a green line filling up, when it is full it is over.

also, in my case the system did not accept photo files (JPG / PNG) -only PDF (the

original form of the vaccination certificate)

Hi

Thank you ever so much. Never thought of having to click on the little "up" arrow which is UPLOAD! About 8 hours ago, gave up, planned to visit the consulate in the morning and then saw your post.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Certificate of Cover for complications arising from Covid-19 (up to or more than US$100,000 or equivalent) has always been a requirement for Pre-Approval (i.e. at the first stage along with PP copy, visa, & marriage cert etc).

The ASQ hotel booking & Flight booking are the requirement for final authorization before a CoE is issued. 

that is not true. the COE web site states clearly no need for the insurance in the first

pre-aproval stage (there are two pre-aproval stages).

how can you buy insurance if you do not know the arrival date (air ticket)?

when i told that to my embassy (and sent the screen shot of the COE process)

they apologised and approved the application.

13 hours ago, Salerno said:

Why are you doing COE before even leaving Thailand?

Indeed! Assuming that his UK destination lies in England he needs at this stage to be far more focussed on fulfilling the current entry requirements there from an amber list country like Thailand, which are set out on the GOV.UK website:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list

In particular:-

Before travel to England

Before you travel to England you must:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

that is not true. the COE web site states clearly no need for the insurance in the first

pre-aproval stage (there are two pre-aproval stages).

Interesting... I’ve gone through the CoE procedure twice.

Both times I had to submit my US$100,000 Covid insurance certificate with the initial application.

I am not aware of two pre-approval stages either - Perhaps the application is different from different countries and for arrival under different visas etc (I’ve just looked at arrival from Doha and the UK, with a Non-Imm, Thai Elite and OX visa - for each of the options the medical insurance is submitted with the initial application). 

Take a look at: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ the site has a section to upload Medical Insurance with the initial application. 

I’ve attached the rolling screen shot (video) of the CoE first stage of application. 

At the 30 second mark it shows where the Medical Certificate must be uploaded.

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

how can you buy insurance if you do not know the arrival date (air ticket)?

when i told that to my embassy (and sent the screen shot of the COE process)

they apologised and approved the application.

I hold insurance for the year, not just specific trip insurance. Also on the last CoE application I was already holding tickets and ASQ booking before the application. From registration to receiving the CoE took 3 hours. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting... I’ve gone through the CoE procedure twice.

Both times I had to submit my US$100,000 Covid insurance certificate with the initial application.

I am not aware of two pre-approval stages either - Perhaps the application is different from different countries and for arrival under different visas etc (I’ve just looked at arrival from Doha and the UK, with a Non-Imm, Thai Elite and OX visa - for each of the options the medical insurance is submitted with the initial application). 

Take a look at: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ the site has a section to upload Medical Insurance with the initial application. 

I’ve attached the rolling screen shot (video) of the CoE first stage of application. 

At the 30 second mark it shows where the Medical Certificate must be uploaded.

I hold insurance for the year, not just specific trip insurance. Also on the last CoE application I was already holding tickets and ASQ booking before the application. From registration to receiving the CoE took 3 hours. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I hold insurance for the year, not just specific trip insurance

thanks for the advice. must the insurance company be thai?

must it be travel insurance? or just any health insurance that covers corona?

52 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

A guy on twitter went to US to get his jabs and cannot get a COE to come back because he got J&J vaccine which is single dose. COE site cannot handle single doses!

That is an error on the site that needs to be fixed.

I wonder if it would be possible to show it twice for the same day.

57 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

A guy on twitter went to US to get his jabs and cannot get a COE to come back because he got J&J vaccine which is single dose. COE site cannot handle single doses!

Yes it can (now). If entering J&J in the first vaccine space the second space is greyed out.

22 hours ago, OJAS said:

just as they did in the case of travel from India a while back.

I have now tracked down the relevant announcement on the RTE New Delhi website:-

http://newdelhi.thaiembassy.org/en/2021/04/cancellation-suspension-coe-issuance-non-thai-nationals-1-may-2021/

This clearly states that existing COE's will be cancelled and new ones not issued.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

thanks for the advice. must the insurance company be thai?

must it be travel insurance? or just any health insurance that covers corona?

The insurance can be from ‘anywhere’....  But must be a letter or certificate which clearly states...  Covid-19 cover and the amount (not less than US$100,000) and the duration of cover not less than your intended stay. 

Most insurance companies will now issue a certificate of cover which makes such statements, but some ‘international’ insurance companies will not - best to check with your potential provider before taking cover.