Redmi Note 10 Pro and Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC.

up2you2

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry a bit off topic.

My Poco F1 crashed after almost 3 years trouble-free use.

I had to wipe it and now the phone is locked.

I can't get it un-locked again and all small phone shops are currently closed so no help to get there.

I tried un-lock by using this Mi link:

https://i.mi.com/find/device/activationlock#/

No cigar.

I just ordered the Redmi note 10 pro (8gb/128rom) for just over 8k baht.

I am not giving up on my old F1, I really loved that phone and I want to pass it on to my son.

I didn't see them in a shop. I bought the POCO X3 Pro online and I have it in front of me. If you have any questions, ask.

One thing I can tell you up front. It is relative large and relative heavy. For me that's no problem. It still fits into my jeans pocket and I don't see a little more weight as a problem.

The battery is excellent. With "normal usage" I can use it probably for 48h without charging. No, I don't make 100 pictures per day or walk around with that thing in front of my face. 

23 minutes ago, johng said:

So have you tried the factory rest from recovery mode or not ?

or are you saying you cant even get into recovery mode ?

I wiped it yesterday after it froze up.

I can get it into fastboot with the power + volume bottoms.

The the phone starts after holding down the power bottom, I can turn on wi-fi.

My screen about as per image, expect it says; this device is locked, not lost.

image.png.2de7ccdfc29d7488dd59aeb71afe0c71.png

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just one thing about unlocking: Many of the mobile phone shops in MBK have advertisements with their numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if you can ask one of these guys to meet you and unlock your device. 

Well I am in Pattaya.

I will just wait a bit until everything opens again and I will visit Tukcom shopping center and ask around.

In the meantime, I am waiting eagerly on my Redme note 10 pro

On 7/28/2021 at 11:49 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

I wiped it yesterday after it froze up.

I can get it into fastboot with the power + volume bottoms.

The the phone starts after holding down the power bottom, I can turn on wi-fi.

My screen about as per image, expect it says; this device is locked, not lost.

image.png.2de7ccdfc29d7488dd59aeb71afe0c71.png

Really difficult to understand what you are writing. Is that a pic of what is actually showing on your phone or just something similar that you found on the Internet?

Did you try entering your Google account password?

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Really difficult to understand what you are writing. Is that a pic of what is actually showing on your phone or just something similar that you found on the Internet?

Did you try entering your Google account password?

That picture is taken from the i-net but my phone is showing the same expect it's locked out.

Yes I tried several times logging on but no.

I given up now and will take it to a phone shop when they open again.

26 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

That picture is taken from the i-net but my phone is showing the same expect it's locked out.

Yes I tried several times logging on but no.

I given up now and will take it to a phone shop when they open again.

Still as clear as mud; since your posts contain too few details. It's either a Google password that is needed or a Mi account password. Do you have both of those or not?

20 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Still as clear as mud; since your posts contain too few details. It's either a Google password that is needed or a Mi account password. Do you have both of those or not?

Yes I got both.

As I said, I will get it unlocked at a phone shop but thanks for your concern

23 hours ago, petermik said:

They are not.....

It's definitely better if you check what you are posting before you blatantly contradict someone. There are at least seven mobile phone shops open around the Tukcom building. I did not state INSIDE, I stated AROUND. 

On 7/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I bought the POCO X3 Pro online and I have it in front of me. If you have any questions, ask.

Can I ask which online shop you used and cost along with with satisfaction level.

Looking for new cell. Most likely this is above my needs but not an issue.

The gf is suggesting a Samsung A12. She states "that's a good phone for old people" geez.

Mind you she has S20.

Any other suggestions appreciated. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can I ask which online shop you used and cost along with with satisfaction level.

The gf is suggesting a Samsung A12. She states "that's a good phone for old people" geez.

Mind you she has S20.

That is where I bought it, in the official store:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2300729261-s7753087852.html

My reasoning: I had and still have a Xiaomi MI phone which I bought about 3 years ago. I liked it and it worked well. It still works. Over the time I installed more and more apps and slowly the memory filled up. And switching between apps was sometimes slower than I like. That was not a big issue but I thought after about 3 years it's about time to look at something new.

I don't need the newest camera and I don't care if a phone is a little bigger or heavier than other phones. I wanted a phone with good battery life, fast processor, lots of RAM and lots of memory. I watched some videos on YouTube and people recommended the POCO X3. Some testers mentioned that the phone is relative heavy and has a good but not a very good camera. Correct, and I don't care.

Even if I don't charge the phone for 48 hours the battery is still full enough. Perfect.

I have the phone now since about 6 weeks. I would buy it again.

• Thanks 1

I had my Redmi note10 pro 8/128gb for 3 days and here are my initial thoughts:

I decided to get the Note10 over the Poco X3 because of the higher spec cameras and Amoled screen, X3 is a bit faster when gaming I believe but I don't play games.

Lots of apps pre-installed when powering the phone up the first time; Amazon, Netflix and games, straight in the bin with them.

System update started right away also when starting it up, Xiaomi comes with updates quite often which is very good.

Macro camera is surprising good, 108mb main camera also very good but the main camera will always be at default 12mp so you have to push the 108 indicator on top of the screen to go into 108mb. Night photos hit and miss, neighbors house's roof turned blue on the photo, it's green in the real world. Haven't tried selfie camera yet.

I will have to test the cameras much more before final verdict.

Screen; excellent, a real pleasure to look at, I normally run it in 60HZ refresh rate to save battery. 

The phone is very responsive, no lagging but with 8gb of ram that was expected. Same "skin" as my old F1 which is good.

Fingerprint scanner located on power bottom, okayish, had allocated 3 of my finger tips so far, can add more if needed, not sure how many can be added in total? I like the fingerprint scanner better on the F1, dedicated unit on the back under the cameras.

Note10 lighter than my old F1 but much taller due to bigger screen size.

Included battery charger is charging the phone real fast, best I ever seen. 

No 5G mobile network on it but that's not important to me and I knew that was the trade off at this price.

Exceptional good value at just over 8000 baht, I can highly recommend this phone if you don't need 5G. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 11:32 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

Sorry a bit off topic.

My Poco F1 crashed after almost 3 years trouble-free use.

I had to wipe it and now the phone is locked.

I can't get it un-locked again and all small phone shops are currently closed so no help to get there.

I tried un-lock by using this Mi link:

https://i.mi.com/find/device/activationlock#/

No cigar.

I just ordered the Redmi note 10 pro (8gb/128rom) for just over 8k baht.

I am not giving up on my old F1, I really loved that phone and I want to pass it on to my son.

Sorry, off topic reply.

F1 had some great reviews!

Nice phone.

The newish Mi 11 pro/Ultra looks great.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Mind you she has S20.

eMMC storage? That'll be a no from me.

I think it's the reason why some mobile phone users complain about freezing etc and thinks it's a RAM issue.

To put it simply eMMC can only do one thing at a time. UFS; a newer standard does not have those limitations. Can multitask.

S20 has UFS 3.0.

A12 eMMC 5.1

In your price range look for UFS 2.2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping for some some advice from IT folk.

So have new phone and wish to transfer the data from old.

I have looked at all the internet videos. Seems simple using apps such as 'smart switch' etc.

So my issue. The advice is to have both phones connected to same WiFi. My condo that I pay for WiFi only allows ONE device at a time.

In normal times I would go to nice cafe etc and use their internet. For that matter just take it to phone repair/service joint and have them transfer. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

@OneMoreFarang thanks for previous help. Any advice?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hoping for some some advice from IT folk.

So have new phone and wish to transfer the data from old.

I have looked at all the internet videos. Seems simple using apps such as 'smart switch' etc.

So my issue. The advice is to have both phones connected to same WiFi. My condo that I pay for WiFi only allows ONE device at a time.

In normal times I would go to nice cafe etc and use their internet. For that matter just take it to phone repair/service joint and have them transfer. 

Any suggestions appreciated.

@OneMoreFarang thanks for previous help. Any advice?

There must be lots of places with WiFi, even now. Maybe go to the reception area of your condominium. Or to any coffee shop where you can wait for your order. There must be a few places which are still open and have WiFi in your area.

Last but not least ask a friend with a mobile phone to setup his phone as a WLAN Hotspot. Then you can connect with your two phones to the WLAN which his phone provides (temporarily). 

And about the App: If you had a Android phone and now you have a new Android phone then, as far as I know, you don't need any extra app. It's all build-in in Android.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And about the App: If you had a Android phone and now you have a new Android phone then, as far as I know, you don't need any extra app. It's all build-in in Android.

Indeed. When I open new phone it does not go to what I expect from new cell. 

With this one instead of asking for "setup"..... It straight away asks if I want to transfer data from existing phone. 

Anyway seems malls will open next week so will try cafe idea and failing that go to phone service store.

Thanks for your advice. Appreciated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed. When I open new phone it does not go to what I expect from new cell. 

With this one instead of asking for "setup"..... It straight away asks if I want to transfer data from existing phone. 

Anyway seems malls will open next week so will try cafe idea and failing that go to phone service store.

Thanks for your advice. Appreciated.

I think the transfer should be started before doing anything else. So it makes sense what your phone does.

Be aware that it will transfer lots of details but not everything. I.e. you have to enter some passwords again on your new phone. And if you use i.e. WhatsApp you have to transfer it from the old to the new phone.

Make sure you keep your old phone the way it is until you are sure ALL your applications on the new phone work the way you want them to work. I.e. on some apps if you want to keep all your old messages you have to go to the old phone and make a backup and then on the new phone restore the data. I am sure there are lots of different procedures for lots of different apps. Be prepared to spend a few hours.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Be aware that it will transfer lots of details but not everything. I.e. you have to enter some passwords again on your new phone

Thanks. 

Posting this next bit for others as has caused me issues....

So have done this process previously and had a major hiccup.

On old phone I had 2 banking apps. These apps require you to attend bank to obtain setup code etc.

For one banking app it transferred the app and I was able to use it as per normal. The other not so and it wanted the code that my bank used way back. 

Cut long story shortish, I lost that app access by trying couple of codes incorrectly and was frozen out of app on old cell as well.

Naturally nervous as my remaining bank app is to transfer funds from Oz and general daily business in Oz. 

The current cell is showing signs or serious illness so will be happy when data copied and bank app transfered to new phone.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks. 

Posting this next bit for others as has caused me issues....

So have done this process previously and had a major hiccup.

On old phone I had 2 banking apps. These apps require you to attend bank to obtain setup code etc.

For one banking app it transferred the app and I was able to use it as per normal. The other not so and it wanted the code that my bank used way back. 

Cut long story shortish, I lost that app access by trying couple of codes incorrectly and was frozen out of app on old cell as well.

Naturally nervous as my remaining bank app is to transfer funds from Oz and general daily business in Oz. 

The current cell is showing signs or serious illness so will be happy when data copied and bank app transfered to new phone.

Some bank apps only work on one phone and can't be transferred. I had one bank in Europe who had to sent me two letters by ordinary mail so that I could use internet banking with a new phone. It took over a month waiting for those letters. And lets not forget we have 2021...

• Like 1

@OneMoreFarang Thanks for your advice. I ended up using Google account backup and it transferred everything to new cell.

The new phone prompted with instructions. Was very simple.

FWIW ...The phone I purchased was cheap Chinese infinix Hot 10s. Paid 4400b the 6gb/128gb. Very happy with it for my needs, which is just basic stuff.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

@OneMoreFarang Thanks for your advice. I ended up using Google account backup and it transferred everything to new cell.

The new phone prompted with instructions. Was very simple.

FWIW ...The phone I purchased was cheap Chinese infinix Hot 10s. Paid 4400b the 6gb/128gb. Very happy with it for my needs, which is just basic stuff.

Great!

I guess for 4400 THB you get a phone today which people couldn't buy for even 40,000 a few years ago. It will do the job.