Bangkok opens 10 more ‘hospitels’ for asymptomatic COVID-19 patients

webfact

hotel-room.jpg

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), in cooperation with four hospitals and nine hotels in the capital, has agreed to open ten additional “hospitels”, which will have a combined capacity of 4,424 beds, to accommodate asymptomatic COVID-19 cases and patients with mild symptoms.

According to Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang, the new facilities will be at:

• Two Three Hotel, in cooperation with Kasemrad Hospital. 250 beds. Operational since June 27th.
  • Na The Green Hotel, in cooperation with Kasemrad Hospital. 1,000 beds. Operational from today (Tuesday).
  • Twin Tower Hotel, in cooperation with Thonburi Hospital. 250 beds. Operational from June 30th.
  • The Bazaar Hotel, in cooperation with Piyavate Hospital. 300 beds. Operational from July 1st.
  • D. Avenue Hotel, in cooperation with Kasemrad Hospital. 900 rooms. Operational from July 1st.
  • IBIS Hotel Ramkhamhaeng, in cooperation with Kasemrad Hospital. 500 rooms. Operational from July 1st.
  • Siam@Siam Hotel, in cooperation with Thonburi Hospital. 300 rooms. Operational from July 5th.
  • Baiyoke Hotel, in cooperation with Thonburi Hospital. 400 rooms. Operational from July 5th.
  • Grand Howard Hotel, in cooperation with Thonburi Hospital. 380 rooms. Operational from July 5th.
  • BMA Personnel training centre in Nong Chok, in cooperation with Mali Interdisciplinary Hospital. 144 beds.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-opens-10-more-hospitels-for-asymptomatic-covid-19-patients/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

Just to be clear, you are not a "patient" and asymptomatic. A "case" doesn't make you a "patient" and a Covid test, without signs or symptoms of illness likewise does not make a you a patient. And... putting sick people with people that are not sick is really not the best idea. With such a deadly disease, symptomatic quarantine patients should be done in negative pressure hospital rooms. 

Edited by Freeduhdum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Freeduhdum said:

Just to be clear, you are not a "patient" and asymptomatic. A "case" doesn't make you a "patient" and a Covid test, without signs or symptoms of illness likewise does not make a you a patient. 

nope you are right - the closest description I can think of is "inmate" for which western inmates have to pay

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

nope you are right - the closest description I can think of is "inmate" for which western inmates have to pay

The "authorities" declare this to be a deadly pandemic, requiring all of the draconian measures and loss of our freedoms, up to and including incarceration, to stop the deadly virus, yet put sick people into nursing homes with non-sick people and sick people in non-clinical settings with non-sick people and we are suppose to take them seriously... Question: Does the unsuspecting tourist know that if they test positive are asymptomatic, they may likely end up incarcerated in one of these "Hospitels" with actual sick people? Is that a plausible scenario we are looking at here?

Edited by Freeduhdum
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Can anyone please explain to this 72 year old why the hell Asymptomatic people with zero signs of an illness apart from a test ( possibly flawed ) is put into a hospital. 

Surely self isolation would be cheaper, more benificail and healthier or assm I thinking too much

The obvious is NOT to get tested then none of this will happen .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Surely self isolation would be cheaper, more benificail and healthier or assm I thinking too much

The obvious is NOT to get tested then none of this will happen .

In self-Q, I would guess that many people are likely to fudge this a bit... they will need to interact w/others for food etc.. and would be more likely to spread the virus... 

not getting tested would also have the same result and the primary objective is to not spread the virus... 

right? 

How would you feel if you got the virus from someone who had refused testing or knew they had it and went to the supermarket anyway? 

Not judging - just saying... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freeduhdum said:

The "authorities" declare this to be a deadly pandemic, requiring all of the draconian measures and loss of our freedoms, up to and including incarceration, to stop the deadly virus, yet put sick people into nursing homes with non-sick people and sick people in non-clinical settings with non-sick people and we are suppose to take them seriously... Question: Does the unsuspecting tourist know that if they test positive are asymptomatic, they may likely end up incarcerated in one of these "Hospitels" with actual sick people? Is that a plausible scenario we are looking at here?

Perhaps, although I don’t think it will be many because these hospitels are in bangkok and the tourists will be in Phuket unless they stay more than 14 days.

but theoretically you are right. Spare a thought for the migrant workers caught by bubble and seal. Even if Covid negative you are locked in with sick people and no individual rooms either!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are they transparent about the cost, or do they just get to prey on their captive guests as they see fit?

Given the choice between a field hospital and a hospitel, if and when the day comes, I'd be leaning towards the latter. But as it's unlikely that it will be covered by my health insurance, I'd like to know how much to expect.