Thai resort island of Phuket reopens for tourists

webfact

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

That was only meant for people who didn't have a smart phone

So absolutely nobody then, even the beggars have them. Looks like the expected disappointment then, a bare handful of actual tourists, just the desperate and daft.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I doubt it, can a EL-AL plane land in Abu Dhabi? with an Israeli passport lots of Arab countries wont let you in

I know Etihad resumed flights to Tel Aviv in April this year, although suspended them for a while during the latest conflict. Emirates, Flydubai and some others also fly. AT one point Saudi wouldn't let you in if you had an Israeli stamp in your passport. Israel where aware of this and wouldn't put a stamp in if you requested

16 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

So absolutely nobody then, even the beggars have them. Looks like the expected disappointment then, a bare handful of actual tourists, just the desperate and daft.

I don't have a smart phone ????

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

...The government expects about 100,000 foreign tourists to visit Phuket in the third quarter of this year...

Let's keep a note of this number and care it with the actual arrivals in three months from today.

Pathetic and won't work. Just vaccinate 70% of the country and fully open to all travellers, restriction free, who have had both jabs. Its so bloody simple yet these buffoons screw it up completely. Singapore will open up restriction free within the next few weeks to all travellers who have been jabbed twice. They have stated clearly that the virus is here to stay so its time to get used to living with it. And we should all follow <deleted>. As simple as that. 

• Like 2

my COE is approved, and I'm now flying Sunday, looking forward to Phuket as I've never been before

I must remember to order a Tea Pot with my dinner.

happy days ahead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, aussienam said:

To then be 'jabbed' over and over and over by many frustrated randy men with a lot of pent-up energy in the nether regions.  Stir the porridge.  Rinse and repeat!!

Back in the saddle and sore from being ridden. Life back to normal for the time being.  

7 hours ago, pagallim said:

This from The Phuket News:

In total, just under 400 tourists are expected to arrive in Phuket today under the Phuket Sandbox scheme.

According to Phuket officials this morning, Qatar Airways Flight QR840 from Doha-Phuket is to land at 1:30pm with 136 passengers on board, El Al Israel Airlines Flight LY87 from Tel Aviv is to land at 1:45pm with 137 passengers on board, and Singapore Airlines Flight SQ736 is to arrive at 5:10pm with an estimated 100 people on board.

Prime Minister Prayut is scheduled to be at Phuket airport in person to welcome the passengers arriving on the Singapore flight, Phuket officials noted.

wow....

56 minutes ago, DouglasTsui said:

wow....

Just under 400 more than Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan.   Need I go on?   When are you arriving?   Oh, you're in Bangkok?   Had a good wine or a beer with your meal in a restaurant lately?    Been for a swim in the sea, walk on a beach?   Enjoy.

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Halliday said:

Pathetic and won't work. Just vaccinate 70% of the country and fully open to all travellers, restriction free, who have had both jabs. Its so bloody simple yet these buffoons screw it up completely. Singapore will open up restriction free within the next few weeks to all travellers who have been jabbed twice. They have stated clearly that the virus is here to stay so its time to get used to living with it. And we should all follow <deleted>. As simple as that. 

Indeed, simple as that, if their own population have mostly been vaccinated twice.   Sadly, Thailand is not in that position, and won't be for many months.

• Like 2

I see picture of women with children.

My inclination that these rich sheiks from the Middle East are  tired of their nagging wives and children.  They have just send them away to  Phuket with their brother or sister and get out of their way.

At least they will eat at the hotel, and go swimming and that is it. stay there and not go anywhere.. "Happy quarantine"

For them, they will probably go to Europe, Spain  or other countries with their "honey  knowing that their wives are stuck in Phuket for 14 days.

what a life when you have money and there always a fish biting on how small is your bait.  555555

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I just read a news report that said the first plane, with a whopping 24 "tourists" on board, just landed in Phuket.

One of these "tourists" reportedly was unvaccinated. Which begs 2 questions, of course:

1 - Isn't one of the compulsory conditions of the Phuket sandbox scheme that only VACCINATED travelers are admitted?

2 - How and why did that unvaccinated person get on the plane in the first place?

But to spin this further: The reported fact that at least 1 unvaccinated person was on board (and has been referred to a local hospital to receive their first shot) makes me suspect that a good proportion of these so-called "tourists" may not be "tourists" at all, but either returning Thai nationals or returning expats. 

Where was the plane from ? and where was the Tourist from ? or is this legitimate post. 

How can this be?  The doom mongers here told me this was un-possible and they are never wrong!

This must all be a giant conspiracy using paid actors or something.

Edited by shdmn

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

How can this be?  The doom mongers here told me this was un-possible and they are never wrong!

This must all be a giant conspiracy using paid actors or something.

Never did say that they would cancel it, just said it would not be very heavily used and well as you can see on day one I was not far off the truth.  However, you still want to bait and troll so be my guest.

10 hours ago, bolt said:

my COE is approved, and I'm now flying Sunday, looking forward to Phuket as I've never been before

I must remember to order a Tea Pot with my dinner.

happy days ahead.

Nice to see there are still some pioneers on TV.................love the South................'lucky you' I say............................