foreigner legally win Thai lottery in another country?

ilikethai

I've heard tourists winning the lottos "in" Thailand but never a foreigner buying Thai lottery in another country.  Here's the story, I've been arguing with my buddies, someone in Laos bought 2 Thai lottery tickets and won 12 million baht today and posted on Facebook!!! Why?! Ouch!  I know Thai lottery in Laos are illegally sold in Laos unless I'm wrong.  Anyway I pray that person gets his/her prize.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

As long as they were present in the country when the ticket was purchased from an authorised seller I dont see an issue. (happy to be corrected)

I understand the winning tickets were "bought in another country" outside of Thailand.  Thai lotto sold in Laos are basically illegally sold.

If you find the right site , you could.

For instance you have thelotter, you can play in many lotteries in many  countries from any country.

Didnt see the Thai lottery (yet) , but there are many others from all over the world.
Of course prices of tickets are some higher then normal.  

On 7/1/2021 at 9:09 PM, CharlieH said:

As long as they were present in the country when the ticket was purchased from an authorised seller I dont see an issue. (happy to be corrected)

So the winning ticket is useless because it was bought outside of Thailand

On 7/2/2021 at 6:38 AM, CharlieH said:

Well if the person presenting the big money ticket doesnt have a Thai entry stamp to cover that time period, they had better get someone else to submit it, to be safe.

And the one submitting it runs off. 5555555

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2021 at 7:14 AM, ilikethai said:

So the winning ticket is useless because it was bought outside of Thailand

No, it would not be useless.   There is no indication on the tickets that they were sold/bought outside Thailand and a winning ticket holder will not be asked to prove where it was purchased.  

• Like 1