Nighttime entertainment venues ask that their industry be unlocked

webfact

42 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

I do see the insanity in the rules, but we are in this mess mostly because salim clubs carried on with the girls and the top shelf booz

You and some others on this site seem to be of the opinion that somehow the bars are a prime location for being super spreaders.  While I suggest that of course the virus could spread there, that bars and alcohol even at restaurants is being singled out for restrictions that other venues are not.  Here is a photo from Bangkok as passengers are going on the BTS.  Now if I have my choice of being in a bar, particularly and open air bar versus standing in that line for the BTS, I can tell you which of those I unquestionably believe I have less risk in visiting.   Even if I buy your argument about the bars, that position falls flat when you apply it to the restaurants that are free to serve meals, and non alcoholic drinks but not alcoholic drinks.  There is no science to that, merely a desire to stamp out the evil alcohol that some they find offense with. 

COVID-19 alert in Bangkok as concerns grow over a second wave of infections  | Thai PBS World : The latest Thai news in English, News Headlines, World  News and News Broadcasts in

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A federation of nighttime entertainment venues and businesses, along with performers, have submitted a letter to the Prime Minister calling for relaxation of restrictions on their operations or a clearer timeline for reopening, with MPs assuring they will seek aid for them.

Sorry.  Your leaders are going to decimate your industry.
New Normal = No Fun.
Now get back to work!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

You and some others on this site seem to be of the opinion that somehow the bars are a prime location for being super spreaders.  While I suggest that of course the virus could spread there, that bars and alcohol even at restaurants is being singled out for restrictions that other venues are not.  Here is a photo from Bangkok as passengers are going on the BTS.  Now if I have my choice of being in a bar, particularly and open air bar versus standing in that line for the BTS, I can tell you which of those I unquestionably believe I have less risk in visiting.   Even if I buy your argument about the bars, that position falls flat when you apply it to the restaurants that are free to serve meals, and non alcoholic drinks but not alcoholic drinks.  There is no science to that, merely a desire to stamp out the evil alcohol that some they find offense with. 

COVID-19 alert in Bangkok as concerns grow over a second wave of infections  | Thai PBS World : The latest Thai news in English, News Headlines, World  News and News Broadcasts in

Wait for schools to reopen in for a big surprise honestly .. 

Covid in schools: What will next term look like?

7 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Perhaps these groups believe, rightly or wrongly, that any such bond issuance would be used solely for cronies of the govt leaders, so being vocal makes these squeaky wheels difficult to ignore.

How could they possibly suspect that would be the case?

I'm not sure which is dumber. The Nighttime Entertainment venues asking too be reopened at this time of record deaths and infections, or the people on Thai Visa supporting it.

It's not the time.

Fail.

• Haha 2

Most of the rules and restrictions don't really have any logic behind them. Of course, the words "logic" and "Thailand" don't really ever go in the same sentence. It's also just about being lazy to actually enforce social distancing - easier to just ban entire things than enforce rules. 

Think about it.. you can currently go to a massage where another person will be in very close contact and touch several customers every day. But you can't go to a bar, sit alone in a table 5 meters away from the next. 

I just took a domestic flight a couple of weeks ago and was expecting at least one empty seat in between each passenger, but no, the plane was full with every seat occupied. This was, while I was not allowed to go alone to my condo pool. 

It's like a monkey circus show that was funny to watch first, but after a year it's getting a bit tiring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think everyone understands that bars and nightlife should remain closed but how about some financial assistance to all the workers who have lost their income, unfortunately the govt do not care about the consequences of their actions and do not care about the hundreds of thousands of people who are left to starve. A simple solution would be to open soup kitchens, employ the unemployed to run them ( cooks and service staff ) with supervisors and feed the masses. Unfortunately this will not happen as it will cost the govt money, albeit a small price to pay.