Nighttime entertainment venues ask that their industry be unlocked

webfact

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

A clear time frame? From this government? Good luck!

You have to be realistic. Recently the PM said that in 120 days it will be over. But I am not sure if Covid will obey. So in the end nobody really knows it. 

22 minutes ago, meechai said:

Sounds sensational but.....

Did you know that pre covid in 2018 44,549 in Thailand died of Flu or Pneumonia

122  on average daily !

Now these all time highs that your claiming are what? 30-40-60?

Relax ????

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

So what, if we cant keep this under control it will be much worse. That is the part that deniers dont understand. Now we are seeing how hospitals are having problems. The death rate will only increase. 

I guess your dying for a beer.

• Haha 1

It's my opinion that nothing will improve, and in fact will continue to get worse, UNLESS a coordinated lockdown and vaccine program is put in place. How can we ignore the virus spreaders and continue to expose others to Covid and not vaccinate? I'm dumbfounded at the lack of cause and effect that I see here on a daily basis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meechai said:

Sounds sensational but.....

Did you know that pre covid in 2018 44,549 in Thailand died of Flu or Pneumonia

122  on average daily !

Now these all time highs that your claiming are what? 30-40-60?

Relax ????

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

Read the case counts published in forum. Those are just an indication of actual infections. then go visit a hospital which is filled with infected people. Unfortunately, for some people they need to see same catastrophe as in USA, Brazil, India before they understand  the issue.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Demands in the letter included an end to the blanket closure order affecting nighttime entertainment venues, an unlocking of particular activities by their businesses by August 1, 2021 or a clearer timeline until reopening, vaccinations for their staff and suppliers, a clear plan for financial assistance and an open forum on relevant policies.

They shot themselves in the foot before... that's why they all got shut down because they couldn't/wouldn't follow protocols.

Now suck-it-up buttercup.

It appears to me that the government has a distaste here for bars, nightlife, and alcohol in general.  They appear to be using the Covid Pandemic not to truly safeguard the population but financially ruin those involved in activities they don't care for.  There is no true legitimate reason why a person can sit in a restaurant, take a mask off, dine, even drink non-alcoholic beverages but be prohibited from drinking one with alcohol.  From a pure safety standpoint, I would sooner be in a bar or a nightlife establishment versus being packed like a sardine on a BTS train but the latter draws not condemnation from the government or for that matter even a warning that the crowded conditions may be a location for the spread of Covid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You remeber those cold war mind games in a bar with mates, where you'd get tipsy and declare that if the four minute Nuclear War Alert happens, you'll grab the nearest pretty girl and get busy for one more final happy ending as the warheads home in?

Well, if the bars open in the middle of a Delta-21. wave....

Now's your big chance!

Edited by chalawaan
gramma!

17 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

It appears to me that the government has a distaste here for bars, nightlife, and alcohol in general.  They appear to be using the Covid Pandemic not to truly safeguard the population but financially ruin those involved in activities they don't care for.  There is no true legitimate reason why a person can sit in a restaurant, take a mask off, dine, even drink non-alcoholic beverages but be prohibited from drinking one with alcohol.  From a pure safety standpoint, I would sooner be in a bar or a nightlife establishment versus being packed like a sardine on a BTS train but the latter draws not condemnation from the government or for that matter even a warning that the crowded conditions may be a location for the spread of Covid. 

I do see the insanity in the rules, but we are in this mess mostly because salim clubs carried on with the girls and the top shelf booze. Sad to say but the worlds most addictive and destructive drug by far, alocohol, is a definite issue when it comes to people and superspreader parties. At least we can still "get a room" with one willing playmate and get blind drunk in private, just dont upset the snooping sellout neighbours.

One of my all time favourite historical entrepreneurial figures was Crassus. I thoroughly loved the way he would buy up the businesses as they burned for far less than the market value.

Give it another 6 months and there will be the rise of the Thai Crassus's !

• Like 1

Lordy.....dont they realize they are in the middle of a pandemic meltdown? but with the head goon setting the trend with quicksand boxes and never mind covid country opening announcements .....they are following his lead.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

One of my all time favourite historical entrepreneurial figures was Crassus. I thoroughly loved the way he would buy up the businesses as they burned for far less than the market value.

Give it another 6 months and there will be the rise of the Thai Crassus's !

Inspiration for this scene in GoT.

spacer.png

Even that I personally miss dancing around in the nightlife, it seems to me like the nightlife is missing little sense of reality, or perhaps it's just utterly bad timing, when they sugests reopening in a period with closed worker's camps, suggestion for wearing facemask in homes to stop transmitting the virus, and daily record breaking numbers of new Covid-cases and numbers of death.