Thailand reports 6,087 new COVID-19 cases, 61 more deaths

webfact

32 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Thanks. You're always a trusted source for me on this stuff. Is this the DNA vaccine I'd read about somewhere recently (not mRNA, DNA)?

This a 'viral vector' vaccine different from ones like AZ and Sputnik that contain DNA inside the viral vector shell.

In this case, they redesign a virus by adding SARS-2 spikes. Here they use the 'avian' Newcastle disease virus that can't infect humans, but is easily  manufactured in chicken eggs. Here is the bizarre lab recipe how to 'make' the virus.

So the whole technology is

1. New, advanced Hexapro spike design superior to Moderna and Pfizer

2. Design a Newcastle disease virus that includes these spikes.

3. Manufacture cheaply in chicken eggs.

Provide this cheap, superior technology to the world.

Optional: send  som nam na message to Pfizer, Moderna

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Swimfan said:

Don't recall anything about ICUs filling to capacity, Countries running out of Oxygen, Refrigeration trailers outside hospitals for makeshift morgues and crematoriums running around the clock. 

Did i miss something ?  

Yes you missed 44,500 deaths. 

My school is closed and basically has been for 7 months. All teachers have now been told to do online from home. Cannot come to school. Many have families in other provineces but have been told not to travel to their home provinces. Local temple still receiving bodies daily for cremation via biosecure ambulances everyone including monks in full PPE. Said not to be Thai. My wife is scared and thinks Prayut is an idiot. "Why open Phuket?" she says.  "Stupid Prayut." Well what can I say to all of this except a maniac is bringing Thailand to it's knees. Open Thailand fully in October? Absolutely no chance.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

I just got a message from one of my grade 5 students.

"Hello Teacher, I'm sick with covid 19, I  must to go in the hospital and come back when I'm feeling better."

Right now there are some tears in my eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

More confirmation today via Reuters that the promised 10 million doses a month of locally produced AZ vaccine for Thailand is likely to end up instead being about 5 million doses instead -- as prior posts here have reported.

"Thailand was expecting 10 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to be delivered this month, but the head of its vaccine institute, Nakorn Premsri, said he was notified about half of that would be delivered monthly until September.

AstraZeneca's Thai partner, royal-owned Siam Bioscience, can produce about 15 million doses monthly, but part of that is committed to other countries, Nakorn said.

Siam Bioscience and AstraZeneca have repeatedly declined to discuss reports of production shortfalls."

https://aseannow.com/topic/1222563-thailand-to-vaccinate-vulnerable-groups-faster-as-critical-cases-rise/

“Thailand has been rushing to secure supplies from other sources, including mRNA vaccines of Moderna and Pfizer and BioNTech.”

rushing? They have dragged their feet for months! Not a single dose has arrived in Thailand afaik.

and suddenly they now realize they should have been vaccinating the at risk groups first? Like every other country that I know has done. But here they chase the elusive unicorn tourist, that won’t come in any case, because they didn’t “rush” fast enough to get vaccine supplies.

sometimes I get so mad at the stupidity of it all.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

and suddenly they now realize they should have been vaccinating the at risk groups first? Like every other country that I know has done. But here they chase the elusive unicorn tourist, that won’t come in any case, because they didn’t “rush” fast enough to get vaccine supplies.

As the Reuters report correctly notes:

"Health authorities had initially aimed to vaccinate those groups first, but supplies were diverted to factory workers, communities with big outbreaks, and the population of the island of Phuket ahead of this week's reopening to foreign tourists."

And meanwhile, even as of today, we have lots of age 60+ expats/foreign nationals here in Thailand who desperately want to get vaccinated and have absolutely nowhere to go in many instances.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

even  more ridiculous is  gathering people together in "group sessions" that should  spread it nicely.

I haven’t seen the sessions. Whether they socially distance and wear masks, I don’t know. If they do it’s the herb cure idea that is the more ridiculous.