Thailand to vaccinate vulnerable groups faster as critical cases rise

snoop1130

It turns out that the government is not rushing to buy Moderna, Pfizer and BioNtech.  They lied.  The OAG has received no purchase orders for these vaccines.  The government is not inept.  It deliberately did not order the vaccines.  A purchase order for the Moderna Vaccine may be placed in August but not immediately.  It has all been a conspiracy to restrict the purchase of vaccines to AstraZeneca and the Chinese vaccines for financial reasons.  Many other Asian countries are either presently receiving or soon will receive shipments of the effective vaccines.   As more medical personnel who have received two injections of the Chinese vaccines become sick in many Asian countries, the outrage is growing.  If the government continues to lie about the unavailability of the effective vaccines and submits no orders for them, I wonder what the Thai people will do.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 7:29 PM, Jingthing said:

People?

Will high risk EXPATS be included as "people" for this new policy? 

I'm afraid that I know the answer to that, but that is a question that really needs to be asked and answered. 

I am a 72 year old, expat with some health problems, Living here since 1992. I was at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital yesterday (4/7/21) to register for private vaccination reported as starting in October. Told bookings are full, not taking anymore at present, they only opened registration on (1/7/21). when I asked if they had a priority list, with a shrug of the shoulders they said nothing!! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Wullie Mercer said:

I am a 72 year old, expat with some health problems, Living here since 1992. I was at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital yesterday (4/7/21) to register for private vaccination reported as starting in October. Told bookings are full, not taking anymore at present, they only opened registration on (1/7/21). when I asked if they had a priority list, with a shrug of the shoulders they said nothing!! 

What they've been SAYING and the experience on the ground haven't been matching at all...

The other day, they claimed they were going to spend July consulting with the private hospitals on the demand for the Moderna vaccine so they could make the appropriate purchase via contract in August.

And yet, on the ground, in many places, private hospitals opened registrations for just a couple days and then shut down registrations. Well, if they're really trying to ascertain the demand from customers willing to pay, why would they now be turning people away?

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 2:55 PM, Soikhaonoiken said:

Thailand to speed up vaccination to the elderly..... They should speed up vaccination to all the population of Thailand,... 2.8 million out of 66 million in a year,... What a pathetic effort by this Government.... 

There is limited supply and vaccination sites. Of course there needs to a priority list set. At the same time, it doesn’t mean they need to stall vaccinations in an attempt to get all the elderly vaccinated.

On 7/3/2021 at 4:09 AM, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Why are there no reports of how many vaccines are being administered every day? I guess the numbers are so low the govt doesn't want it known?

This is turning into a complete disaster.......oh but Phuket is open so it's all sunshine and lollipops.

There is a government site that posts it. I see people constantly posting it on my Facebook.

On 7/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, DogNo1 said:

It turns out that the government is not rushing to buy Moderna, Pfizer and BioNtech.  They lied.  The OAG has received no purchase orders for these vaccines.  The government is not inept.  It deliberately did not order the vaccines.  A purchase order for the Moderna Vaccine may be placed in August but not immediately.  It has all been a conspiracy to restrict the purchase of vaccines to AstraZeneca and the Chinese vaccines for financial reasons.  Many other Asian countries are either presently receiving or soon will receive shipments of the effective vaccines.   As more medical personnel who have received two injections of the Chinese vaccines become sick in many Asian countries, the outrage is growing.  If the government continues to lie about the unavailability of the effective vaccines and submits no orders for them, I wonder what the Thai people will do.

There is a lot of finger pointing here. The government is saying the GPO needs to put in a purchase order with the government to go purchase it and they claim they received no such purchase order request. Maybe somebody dropped the ball here and was unaware of the process.

• Confused 1