Involuntary Quarantine on Arrival

FangFerang

10 hours ago, paddyfield7 said:

I'm in the midst of ASQ in BKK after having returned from Europe last week. I have a booking for a flight to my final destination which is CNX, but I did read some rumours that upon arrival at CNX, they will force me into another quarantine or at least 14 days house arrest. All this after I will check out from here next week, holding a confirmation that I have completed 14 days ASQ and been tested negative for Covid-19. Although it's a 9 hours drive down and up again, I have asked my Thai wife to arrange a commuter to pick me up here in BKK, and she will come along. I hate no-shows for booked flights, but I will advise Thai Smile after departure by bus that I will not fly. I have not found any competent source to reliably advise me what the present rules for domestic travelling are after completion of ASQ and 3 negative tests. Looking forward to be home again next week, and will most likely not travel ever again as long this pandemic is dominating, and the government has zero ideas how to manage the crisis, or communicate in a proper way. Main thing for them is that their Sandbox party in Phuket was nice.

You're not checking-in luggage so no-show is no-problem, it won't delay the flight or check-in close in anyway. Don't waste your breath calling - no show no luggage is a normal thing everyday - it wont affect anything in future either.

Edited by asiam110
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2021 at 12:56 AM, Caldera said:

This was published a while ago, but it's hard to keep track of all these ever-changing local regulations.

I think that the airlines should be required to warn domestic travelers what they are getting themselves into.

Best of luck to the OP and thanks for sharing this experience.

Interesting comments, especially the paragraph 

"I think that the airlines should be required to warn domestic travelers what they are getting themselves into."

Seems to me that all airlines would be closely/seriously monitoring the ongoing/changing local rules per province/district to ensure they don't generate operational costs which are unnecessary/breaking regulations/illegal. Therefore they would have the current data available to pass quickly to customers. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Obviously " Elite Visa Holders " cannot be infected or contagious......

No we can't we get vaccinated right away too all kind of privileges you poor peasants don't have (sarcasm mode).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"I think that the airlines should be required to warn domestic travelers what they are getting themselves into."

Seems to me that all airlines would be closely/seriously monitoring the ongoing/changing local rules per province/district to ensure they don't generate operational costs which are unnecessary/breaking regulations/illegal. Therefore they would have the current data available to pass quickly to customers. 

Yes its their duty but the moment they inform anyone about this then nobody will go by plane anymore (if not originating in BKK). 

But i get why they isolate the people its mandatory when coming from a red province. Its impossible to check where someone really came from and everyone would suddenly not from BKK (just to avoid isolation)

I think stuff like planes and busses are the worst option right now if your traveling from a non red province. Best to go on own transportation. 

Anyway really bad for the OP being caught off like this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 7:51 AM, Freeduhdum said:

Non-sick people being incarcerated (with potentially sick people) against their will. Things are getting a bit too tyrannical it seems. 

Bwahahahha you understand how quarantine works worldwide don't you. If required to quarantine everyone goes in sick or not <deleted> are you talking about? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2021 at 10:19 AM, scorecard said:

Not necessarily true plenty of times in Australia medical advice has changed whilst planes are in the air and people are entered directly into quarantine on disembarking. Not ideal but it does happen. As Bangkok to Udon is only a one hour flight I doubt this is the case in this circumstance but still.

Im assuming also as Bangkok and Udon are now concerned red zones that may have something to do with it. More details needed as usual here. 

• Like 1