British national arrested after allegedly firing a gun several times into the air and multiple hour standoff with Pattaya Police at a luxury Pattaya home

webfact

9 minutes ago, sambum said:

I can think of other countries equally as qualified to have that accolade - Russia and Nigeria to name but two.

(P.S. You didn't finish  your post, but I presume you meant ".......types to other countries"?) 

If you think Thailand has a ;lot, you should look at Benidorm, Torremolinos, Aya Napa, Magalluf etc at around this time of the (normal) year..

All that happens is the people who infest British towns on weekend nights, year round, just go on tour overseas and do the same thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

No Brit.

Insert Smiley emoticon here  "   " as it keeps disappearing - probably avoiding stray bullets! 

(P.S. You presumably mean "No, Brit." as "No Brit." means the opposite!)

Just now, sambum said:

Insert Smiley emoticon here  "   " as it keeps disappearing - probably avoiding stray bullets! 

(P.S. You presumably mean "No, Brit." as "No Brit." means the opposite!)

Grammar police!!!.....You'll be in trouble now.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"British national arrested after allegedly firing a gun several times into the air and multiple hour standoff with Pattaya Police at a luxury Pattaya home"

Why not "Foreign national arrested after allegedly firing a gun several times into the air and multiple hour standoff with Pattaya Police at a luxury Pattaya home"

Other suspects' nationalities seem to very often get ignored by the Thai media, but they seem to love pointing out that the offfenders/suspects are British whenever they can! Probably not helped by the Health Minister calling us "dirty unwashed farangs" a while ago!

But Anutin did not say that....  the poor reporting and transliteration...  I believe the term Anutin used at the time was more along the lines of ‘unhygienic foreigners’.... still somewhat of a slur, nevertheless, he’d was in the midst of promoting ‘Mask wearing’ and when he tried to hand a mask to two foreigners they just ’shrugged him off’...  hence is somewhat juvenile but not wholly incorrect outburst... 

The media ran with it, the English language media got hold of ‘dirty farangs’ transliteration and another piece of ‘click-bait-gold’ was borne - a pure dog-whistle to the ThaiVisa netizens !!!! 

The rest of your comment: Regarding British...  you’re perhaps reading too much into this and are perhaps British and thus heightened to any ‘anti-British’ sleight...  realistically, if the nationality is known we usually hear of it... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Oh no......another farang that trashes our reputation and makes us all look bad to the Thais.......(winking smiley face).

I think you wrote to as opposed to as... Must be those rose tinted glasses..

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

On a par with Americans and Europeans, no less.

I think if I recall the British exported thousands across the globe to Australia, and began ridding their shores of the less than savoury. World Champions for centuries ago

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

start with criminal records

Any government in their right minds won't give Thai authorities access to that information.

If they have a Thai criminal record they probably won't get in on fingerprint / facial recognition check on arrival.

Best they could do is require a criminal background check for visa applications in home country embassies and consulates, and that is never going to happen.

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I am led to believe that if one has the right connections and influence crimes committed in Thailand can be discounted and left alone….rumour and absolute tosh I’m sure.

yes, doesn't happen anywhere else lol..

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/10/uk-corrupt-nation-earth-brexit-money-laundering

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Did I say it didn’t?

Let me check… Oh my, it appears I didn’t say that.

Shocker eh…

lol, oh my, what's shocking is just how much the west is just as or more corrupted than SE Asia, yet citizens from so many countries on this forum tend to portray Thailand as the most corrupt place ever. imo the Brits and the Americans have that beat hands down..

Edited by from the home of CC

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you base that assertion on?

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you base that assertion on?

Pure guesswork and a degree of local knowledge, perhaps they come from Lazada ? 

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

lol, oh my, what's shocking is just how much the west is just as or more corrupted than SE Asia, yet citizens from so many countries on this forum tend to portray Thailand as the most corrupt place ever. imo the Brits and the Americans have that beat hands down..

Again, where did I say Thailand was the most correct place ever? Please be precise

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Again, where did I say Thailand was the most correct place ever? Please be precise

I don't believe you ever said that Thailand was the most correct place ever lol. However concerning corruption,

your sarcasm spoke volumes, but it seems now your reticence is deafening..

24 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I don't believe you ever said that Thailand was the most correct place ever lol. However concerning corruption,

your sarcasm spoke volumes, but it seems now your reticence is deafening..

Nope. 

My sarcasm was most definitely directed at corruption in Thailand in the post I made. 

This guy is innocent and deserves to walk!

I'm sure that by next week (and after the transfer of a few million baht), one of the cleaning ladies will step forward and admit that it was her gun and she was the person shooting into the air!  

• Haha 1

If this  Brit did this kind of thing in almost anywhere in America, we would all be reading a different headline

and different story. My opinion anyway. Smaller sized swat team, and a few more boom booms and

a head line news story.

Geezer