Voluntary full lockdown proposed by RCPT chair amid surging COVID-19 cases

webfact

Website-Thumbnail-Set-5.jpg

The chairman of the Royal College of Physicians of Thailand, Air Marshal Dr. Anutra Chittinandana, is asking Thai people to enter a voluntary full lockdown, to protect themselves against COVID-19, in the light of the disturbing number of COVID patients in general hospitals.

In his Facebook post made on Sunday, Dr. Anutra noted that yesterday was the first day, since May 18th, on which the number of patients in general hospitals (30,145) exceeded the number in field hospitals (29,793).

He said that the number of patients being admitted has been increasing steadily since June 19th, to almost 60,000 cases now, which is about 10,000 more than the peak in June.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/voluntary-full-lockdown-proposed-by-rcpt-chair-amid-surging-covid-19-cases/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-06
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A post with chart that was copy and pasted from some site without a supporting link has been removed.  Please provide a link to the source of information when posting. 

Some posts of a dangerous nature have removed. 

• Haha 1

a military trained doctor put at the the head of civilian professional organisation at his retirement from army, now tries to blame undisciplined civilians and put them into lockdown and put behind thonglor "the second government house", deadly sonkran covid party and relaxing 30 minutes maskless coffee brake on phuket's beach.

the way to slow down progress of this wave is move from highly populated cities into villages.

Most of city dwellers do have family and relatives in the villages. Move there elderly, kids not going to school or kindergarden for a month or two for summer holidays.

I will gladly disappear to some basic and cheap beach accommodation, if not my wife preferring to safe money and stay put amid infected neighbours  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, 2long said:

What is the point of ANY lockdown without a decent vaccination program? Otherwise, things just go back to normal at the end of lockdown.

It buys time and give hospitals a chance to cope ("flatten the curve"), but I agree, until they get vaccinations happening it will eventually end up in the same situation with another lockdown.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The chairman of the Royal College of Physicians of Thailand, Air Marshal Dr. Anutra Chittinandana, is asking Thai people to enter a voluntary full lockdown, to protect themselves against COVID-19, in the light of the disturbing number of COVID patients in general hospitals.

The Royal college of physicians in the capable hands of Air Marshall... should I be concerned?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What he should have said is........ Please enter a voluntary lockdown as your useless government have failed miserably in preventing covid spreading.

Prayuts gone into self isolation... leading by example or necessity?

• Like 1

I don't know about voluntary lockdown, but as of Monday my village is now firmly locked down involuntarily. A 20 strong police and 5 or 6 community volunteers now control the only road in to the village.

We had this for a while last time around but this time I only found out when my delivery driver called to say he was not being allowed in and he had to leave my package with the volunteers.

Chat with the poo yai and this is in place for at least 30 days and will be reviewed after.

We have been lucky to escape much of covid here but recently it's reported 29 cases in Sangkhla Buri district and 1 in the village itself so I am asssuming this is a local enforcement order.

Now we have to get an essential travel letter from the poo yai to go out and get back in. No non residents allowed. Every one being turned around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meechai said:

Yes please but...you first...........

Is your claim then that when the rest of the world was ripe with Covid in 2019 & 2020 Thailand had a giant vacuum suck all the covid out? Because remember Chinese tourists were everywhere back then...Your claim is covid left with them right?

Surging Mortality? Again where? Thailand? Yet we see reports of what ?? 30-40- 60 a day dead from Covid?

Yet in 2018 the average daily death tolls for Thailand from Flu & Pneumonia was 122

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

So if anything all this social distancing & masks has lowered the normal yearly death rate

Same in fact in India where they lost 600k in 2018 yet this year lost 200k by June & the media was hyping it...Truth is they were behind schedule as they should have had 300k dead on an average year (remember they have 1.3 BILLION POP)

As to your occupancy of beds well yes Thailand in its infinite wisdom decided to jail...sorry bed any case of Covid asymptomatic included

Why? Because like children they do not trust their own citizens??

Where as other countries followed the CDC simple guidelines of basically stay home unless your having trouble breathing

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html

All that aside with no testing what do you think exists for records of a undetected virus in 2019/2020?

Yet if you have any knowledge of outer provinces you will have heard of the many "Pneumonia" like deaths in the villages during that time among older villagers...Again as previously stated the 2018 average was 122 a day so no alarms were rang nor should they be now

Even my sister in law likely had it in Jan 2020 when she had a bad fever & no smell or taste for 1.5 weeks

Same as myself coming home many early mornings that month from my 3 hour bicycle rides...I told wife & sister I felt as I had a bit of Pneumonia because of chest pains I was having but that is as bad as it got for me & I continued to ride daily

What I AM saying is this over hyping does nothing to help this country already teetering on civil unrest...but hey good luck to you if you insist

I guess your reply is a case of throwing everything against a wall and hoping something will stick. Nothing did. You claimed that "Surging Covid cases are strictly speaking surging testing." This is obviously false.  As I pointed out, critical care bed occupancy in Bangkok is full. In fact it was full weeks ago. That wasn't the case before. So we know that Covid infections are affecting far more of the population than before.

So you may now be saying "What I AM saying is this over hyping does nothing to help this country already teetering on civil unrest...but hey good luck to you if you insist"

But it wasn't what you said before. And touting nonsense about testing doesn't help your case.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My cousin just got out of Thailand in time. He says this delta strain, and some others will likely turn Thailand into something resembling India.  Good Luck, and keep your masks on.  I think the pandemic will become very real for a lot more of you in the near future. I hope I am wrong,  but time will tell, won't it.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

a military trained doctor put at the the head of civilian professional organisation at his retirement from army, now tries to blame undisciplined civilians and put them into lockdown and put behind thonglor "the second government house", deadly sonkran covid party and relaxing 30 minutes maskless coffee brake on phuket's beach.

the way to slow down progress of this wave is move from highly populated cities into villages.

Most of city dwellers do have family and relatives in the villages. Move there elderly, kids not going to school or kindergarden for a month or two for summer holidays.

I will gladly disappear to some basic and cheap beach accommodation, if not my wife preferring to safe money and stay put amid infected neighbours  

Yes, indeed. Let's spread the happiness to every corner of the Kingdom. NOT.

4 hours ago, meechai said:

Surging Covid cases are strictly speaking surging testing

That’s nonsense. Surging covid cases are surging covid cases. A test doesn’t just turn positive without the virus present. 

4 hours ago, meechai said:

If they had been testing since Late 2019 early 2020 they would have found just as many cases

Again, absolute nonsense. You should delete all this false information. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1