COVID-19 infections in Thailand could surge to 10,000 a day next week, CCSA says

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So what good is the wearing of masks and the various restrictions actually doing?

Very little. But the government has to be seen to do something, and that is something, so we'll do that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, morrobay said:

And sorry to say it could be a lot more alot faster: dy/dt = ky. The solution to this differential equation is y(t) = y(initial)e^kt. April 1 there were 26 new cases and 98 days later 272,309 new cases since then. So y(98) =26e^k98 = 272,309.  So solving for the rate constant k and then adding 7 days to the 98 gives: y(105) = 26e^k105 = an exercise for the reader.

Has tha got nowt better to do, lad? Gobbledegook!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

I've been asking for weeks why daily numbers are always similar.  Infected people only infect one more.  I doubt it very much

I am guessing because sane number of people gets tested. Only now more found to be infected .

recall reading some hospitals closed because can not test, do not have kits and some closed because can not treat newly infected. 

I am also guessing someone figured out with each new field hospital there is money to be made, so numbers growing to fill the beds 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, csmith said:

In Chiangmai you can get a Covid test for Baht 1,800

http://www.healthcaremedicalclinic.com/news-view.php?view=160

But if you fail, it'll cost you a lot for 2 weeks in hospital, even if you have no symptoms.  I think that, because of that, many foreigners - including me - will be passing on tests unless we have symptoms and need hospital.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soooo, of the people tested there could be 10,000 a day, which as we know doesn't mean that there is only that number of cases.

IMO the far more important figure will be how many get sick enough to need hospitalisation. 10,000 that only have symptoms or no symptoms ( only positive on a test ) and get better without medical intervention is not the same as 10,000 needing a hospital bed.

I'd like to extrapolate that but it gets political, so can't.

1 hour ago, RayD said:

Very little. But the government has to be seen to do something, and that is something, so we'll do that.

Doing "something" just for the sake of doing "something" even if it doesn't work is IMO "virtue signalling" ( and that's not meant in a complimentary sense ).

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo, of the people tested there could be 10,000 a day, which as we know doesn't mean that there is only that number of cases.

IMO the far more important figure will be how many get sick enough to need hospitalisation. 10,000 that only have symptoms or no symptoms ( only positive on a test ) and get better without medical intervention is not the same as 10,000 needing a hospital bed.

I'd like to extrapolate that but it gets political, so can't.

The number to worry about is the number of available critical and ICU beds. If they are full which many are then people will die as a result. 

They need to see if they can increase the output of their Astrazenica Plant and keep all of its vaccine for Thailand  untill they can get a handle on this outbreak. Other countries unfortunatly will have to wait for the promised supplies.  No international court would punish them if they can't fulfill orders as they have a crisis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

So what good is the wearing of masks and the various restrictions actually doing?

Growing scientific evidence for masks and physical distancing against covid-19 which I doubt interest you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Thailand is way past 10k a day at the moment i would say

i heard it cost 3000 Baht to get a covid test, what Thai person would pay that

I have my own COVID test, which costs nothing.

I swim the length of my condo pool (30 metres ) without taking a breath. I could not do that if I had COVID.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Growing scientific evidence for masks and physical distancing against covid-19 which I doubt interest you. 

My question was, if there are 10,000 new cases a day, what good is the wearing of masks and social distancing. BTW, you have no idea what interests me.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My question was, if there are 10,000 new cases a day, what good is the wearing of masks and social distancing. BTW, you have no idea what interests me.

Simple answer; it could have been more if everyone go maskless and construction sites don't have enforced closure. I guess the topic in your posting gave a clue to what you interested. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Simple answer; it could have been more if everyone go maskless and construction sites don't have enforced closure. I guess the topic in your posting gave a clue to what you interested. 

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, pure speculation. As is your guess as to what interests me.

• Thanks 1