COVID-19 infections in Thailand could surge to 10,000 a day next week, CCSA says

snoop1130

000_1S06QM.jpg

Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP

New COVID-19 infections could surge to 10,000 a day next week, almost doubling this week’s daily figures as more Delta variant cases have been found, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Wednesday).

Thailand’s COVID-19 infections surged to 6,519 across the country today, with many of them in Bangkok and northeastern provinces being by the Delta variant, according to CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan, who said the continued surge in cases especially of the Delta variant could be attributed to interprovincial movements whereby infections from Bangkok and nearby provinces have now spread to 40 other provinces.

With more Delta variant found in Bangkok, overtaking Alpha, the more contagious Delta could cause COVID-19 infections to double, she said.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-infections-in-thailand-could-surge-to-10000-a-day-next-week-ccsa-says/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-07-07

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

That was fast

10,000 cases per day by year’s end not out of the question, senior doctor says

And sorry to say it could be a lot more alot faster: dy/dt = ky. The solution to this differential equation is y(t) = y(initial)e^kt. April 1 there were 26 new cases and 98 days later 272,309 new cases since then. So y(98) =26e^k98 = 272,309.  So solving for the rate constant k and then adding 7 days to the 98 gives: y(105) = 26e^k105 = an exercise for the reader.

• Confused 7

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'm sure I read only yesterday how it will take months to reach 10k per day ????

There's not a chance in hell that it's less 10k per day right now, they just aren't finding them quick enough.

Sounds like a 100% positivity rate then.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

infections could surge to 10,000 a day next week,

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok and nearby provinces have now spread to 40 other provinces.

Inept…Unskilled !
End of this <deleted>ng world ! Open bars to enjoy!  We are all gonna die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Funny enough this is what I said few days ago when they said possibly by next month.

But the more interesting question is what’s the plan? Ban more alcohol sales? While keeping markets open ? Or close down mote businesses while keeping interprovincial travel unrestricted ?

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

New COVID-19 infections could surge to 10,000 a day next week, almost doubling this week’s daily figures as more Delta variant cases have been found, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Wednesday).

That's a bit like dropping a huge hint that it's in that region now, just not in the daily numbers.

Let the public get used to the idea then let the figures rise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

It's been ten for a while now....if not more. 

It was making me squirm when they used to say various clusters were popping up. If clusters are continuously popping up, that means the virus is out of control i.e. all over the place

It's a bit like a jigsaw puzzle, eventually all the bits join up... except we have provinces instead of bits.

Gonna get interesting, see how the masters get out of this pickle with an "it's under control message"?

51 minutes ago, BestB said:

Funny enough this is what I said few days ago when they said possibly by next month.

But the more interesting question is what’s the plan? Ban more alcohol sales? While keeping markets open ? Or close down mote businesses while keeping interprovincial travel unrestricted ?

I've been asking for weeks why daily numbers are always similar.  Infected people only infect one more.  I doubt it very much

• Like 1