People Camp Out for Covid-19 Testing

snoop1130

2-kgikergedg.jpg

BANGKOK, July 8 (TNA) – People camped out overnight at the Phra Si Mahathat Temple to get free COVID-19 testing.

Many people slept in their tents at the temple in Bang Khen district, to wait for free COVID-19 tests there.

They were seen setting up their tents at midnight. 

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-734471

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-07-08

Look, I strongly object to the use of "camping out". That phrase implies a fun group activity, like waiting overnight for concert tix.

a) How many of these people are waiting for testing because they are suffering symptoms? No physical distance is possible.

b) Many may be waiting simply because they're scared in the total absence of govt transparency, a "PM" in hiding, a Cabinet in quarantine. This raise the chance of being infected by others waiting.

Nobody wants to bring Covid home to their family.

Widespread, free testing should be available everywhere. Hear that, Central Group, CP?

How about those who are "camping out" in front of hospitals because they actually have tested positive or have Covid symptoms but there are no more beds.

Phra Yut has accomplished his mission of filling the airports...as field hospitals.

Loss of face, huh! This is a shame to our nation. Will we recover as a society, as Thai community, and secondarily, by GDP economically in even a decade?

Criminal mismanagement, intentional racism against migrants & the poor. Think about this hard fact--there is nobody in Thailand capable of taking their place & doing a better job.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Do they suspect they may have Covid... of just out for anything free?

If they hang out and camp in large groups they can get free Covid.  Many probably will.
"Hi.  I'm not sick.  But I'm afraid.  So I'm going to camp with all these people, some of whom are sick for sure, and then get tested to see if I'm sick.
<later that morning>
"Yeah!  Negative PCR!  I'm not sick!!"
<8 days later>
<Cough cough cough>  "Oh, I feel so sick!" <cough cough cough>

Edited by connda